Need Help w/ custom franchise

A place for all old random modding threads.
Also, feel free to ask any questions here!
djsplace7
Rookie

Postby djsplace7 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:54 pm

Hey guys. I'm very new to using custom stuff in Madden 08, so please bear with me. I created 32 teams in game with custom logos and used MadWolf to change them out with the 32 NFL teams. After starting and saving my franchise, I went back into MadWolf to try and flag my teams as custom teams so I could have my logos in my franchise and it keeps giving me this error message.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentException: Add failed. Duplicate key value supplied.
at MadWolf.CoachTable.loadCoaches(TDBAccess access)
at MadWolf.MadWolf.loadFranchise(String fileName)
at MadWolf.MadWolf.menuLoad_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4961 (win7RTMGDR.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
MadWolf
Assembly Version: 0.1.0.0
Win32 Version: 0.1.0.0
CodeBase: file:///F:/EA%20Sports/MadMod-X/MadWolf.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4962 (win7RTMGDR.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4961 (win7RTMGDR.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
MadWolfLibrary
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///F:/EA%20Sports/MadMod-X/MadWolfLibrary.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Could someone please help me out and let me know what I'm doing wrong.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Littleware
Banned

Re: Need Help w/ custom franchise

Postby Littleware » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:17 pm

This is my work around to get the custom logos to show up. I had that problem last season when working with the Heisman 11 custom teams. No sweat! Here you go...

1st. open the utility and open/load a madden standard nfl franchise file with no customized teams in it. Once it's loaded you should be able to go to the teams tab were you can select the "custom logo". Go there!

2nd, close the nfl standard franchise, now what that did is put working teams info into the custom tab for change. Even though the franchise is closed the info is still in memory.

3rd, open your custom franchise into the utility. follow the "normal" steps to get the custom logo's. Even though you may get your error message, click to continue, select "all custom teams", then save your franchise.

That's it! enjoy your new logos!

That will be $159.95 payable to the Football Idiots Foundation! And since you're savvy with custom work, lend a hand over in the Heisman 12 Mod. we could use one or two more guys to work on the "Greatest Mod on Turf"!

djsplace7
Rookie

Postby djsplace7 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:45 pm

Littleware wrote:This is my work around to get the custom logos to show up. I had that problem last season when working with the Heisman 11 custom teams. No sweat! Here you go...

1st. open the utility and open/load a madden standard nfl franchise file with no customized teams in it. Once it's loaded you should be able to go to the teams tab were you can select the "custom logo". Go there!

2nd, close the nfl standard franchise, now what that did is put working teams info into the custom tab for change. Even though the franchise is closed the info is still in memory.

3rd, open your custom franchise into the utility. follow the "normal" steps to get the custom logo's. Even though you may get your error message, click to continue, select "all custom teams", then save your franchise.

That's it! enjoy your new logos!

That will be $159.95 payable to the Football Idiots Foundation! And since you're savvy with custom work, lend a hand over in the Heisman 12 Mod. we could use one or two more guys to work on the "Greatest Mod on Turf"!

Worked like a charm! Not being able to see the custom teams once I loaded the custom franchise threw me off for a second. Thank you very much. As for the $159.95.........you'll have to put it on my tab. :) And also looking at what you guys are putting together, I'm no where close to being on you guys' level. The Heisman 12 Mod looks awesome.

BuckeyeColt
Rookie

Postby BuckeyeColt » Sat May 25, 2013 5:57 pm

This may be one of the most valuable quick-answers in the history of the FI era of mod-dom. I had somehow gotten my custom logos and unis to work five seasons into a Franchise a year or so back after I'd manually changed the custom stadium to Ford Field of the Lions I'd replaced, and that had maybe tripped something that finally allowed my full four custom unis to work and the logos to show up (no more fans with invisible bodies in the end zone!)... but maybe I had also read this thread and forgotten. USING IT AGAIN NOW... and bookmarking. Awesome assist!

Luds
Rookie

I need some help!

Postby Luds » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:30 pm

So i used the franchise to roster convert so i can't play the franchise mode because Titants are duplicate how i can delete the duplicate teams?
sorry for my bad english but i need help fast!

Return to “Archive + Q&A”