Same TPF file compatible with 0.0 like 4.0?

A place for all old random modding threads.
Also, feel free to ask any questions here!
truetothegame13
MVP

Postby truetothegame13 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:02 pm

i plan to use tpf and dat with a mod. dat editing for soundtrack & renaming the conference. after i mod those dat files, id think the version of 4.0 would change to 0.0. will that have any negative affect of all of the tpf modding i did while i was using 4.0? like will they not show up in 0.0?
My Corner (my threads): Includes tips for graphics, settings, screen resolution, sliders. Great roster resources from multi-platforms (converting/porting). 4GB patch for 64-bit processors.

Sponsor

Sponsor

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Re: Same TPF file compatible with 0.0 like 4.0?

Postby 1312qohelet » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:15 pm

truetothegame13 wrote:i plan to use tpf and dat with a mod. dat editing for soundtrack & renaming the conference. after i mod those dat files, id think the version of 4.0 would change to 0.0. will that have any negative affect of all of the tpf modding i did while i was using 4.0? like will they not show up in 0.0?

First, I need to say that I am not a TexMod expert. I have only rarely used TexMod in the past, but I believe I can answer your question.
Making changes to the DAT files you mention in your OP should not alter the TexMod addresses for graphics, such as stadiums, fields, or uniforms.

Someone with more knowledge, please correct me, if I am wrong.
But, if those are the only changes you plan to make in DAT form, I think you are safe.

truetothegame13
MVP

Postby truetothegame13 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:25 am

how about,

i want to remove names from jerseys. can i only do that easily with dat? if so, after using dat to update that, and also shoes (change all white shoes to black), will it affect my current tpf files (loadupscreen, loading screens, fields)
My Corner (my threads): Includes tips for graphics, settings, screen resolution, sliders. Great roster resources from multi-platforms (converting/porting). 4GB patch for 64-bit processors.

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:04 pm

truetothegame13 wrote:how about,

i want to remove names from jerseys. can i only do that easily with dat? if so, after using dat to update that, and also shoes (change all white shoes to black), will it affect my current tpf files (loadupscreen, loading screens, fields)

If you change a white shoe on a uniform, but note that if you change one, you change all. I'm assuming you know that. If you want to change the nameplate with Texmod, you have to change every single name.

truetothegame13
MVP

Postby truetothegame13 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:08 pm

so let me get this straight, as soon as i recolor shoes and remove the last name jersey font in dat, ill lose all current progress with tpf? (loadup screen, fields)

Return to “Archive + Q&A”