TexMod Jersey Questions: how do you...

A place for all old random modding threads.
Also, feel free to ask any questions here!
KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby KeepinItTeal » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:28 pm

How do you make a jersey patch that looks acceptable??

See below where the Colts patch (which was done in the FF/FI XV mod?) looks relatively sharp with no distortion. But no matter where I put the Jags patch on their jersey (believe me, I've moved it around to a number of spots) it gets distorted. When logging in TexMod I did notice that it looked like the Colts patch was its own stand-alone image file. But how in the world do you find the location for that when you're dealing with a team that has no patch on its stock jersey in the game? Sorry if this has been asked before, I looked around the site and didn't see an answer.

Thanks.
Attachments
JagsJerseyPatch2.jpg
JagsJerseyPatch2.jpg (516.51 KiB) Viewed 1818 times
ColtsJerseyPatch.jpg
ColtsJerseyPatch.jpg (548.95 KiB) Viewed 1818 times

Sponsor

Sponsor

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Re: TexMod Jersey Questions: how do you...

Postby 1312qohelet » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:41 am

KeepinItTeal wrote:How do you make a jersey patch that looks acceptable??

See below where the Colts patch (which was done in the FF/FI XV mod?) looks relatively sharp with no distortion. But no matter where I put the Jags patch on their jersey (believe me, I've moved it around to a number of spots) it gets distorted. When logging in TexMod I did notice that it looked like the Colts patch was its own stand-alone image file. But how in the world do you find the location for that when you're dealing with a team that has no patch on its stock jersey in the game? Sorry if this has been asked before, I looked around the site and didn't see an answer.

Thanks.

First - that Colts uniform is in DAT form, not texmod. Same with all FF/FI mod uniforms and stadiums. The goal is to keep the mod separate from texmod. My point is, there should not be a .tpf for that colts uniform....

Secondly - try making your Jaguars jersey in DAT and see if there is less or no warping. You probably know this already, but there are a few DAT uniform tutorials here:http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8541

BigDaddyCool
All-Pro

Postby BigDaddyCool » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:20 am

It is possible to do it in TexMod however, it does involve a bit of warping and distorting of the patch in order to get it to look right in game. I know I've been able to do this with some uniforms I've made and each uniform and patch is going to be different. It sometimes comes down to trial and error and a lot of patience.
BIGDADDYCOOL IS YA HOOKUP...HOLLA IF YA HEAR ME!!!!!!!

KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby KeepinItTeal » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:37 am

Thanks for the responses guys, much appreciated.

moonbax
MVP

Postby moonbax » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:57 am

Good idea with the patch, I'd use it if you made it available for sure. Still looking forward to Everbank too.

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:51 am

KeepinItTeal wrote:Thanks for the responses guys, much appreciated.

I agree with moonbax....cool patch.

I know your plan is for texmod, but if you do endup making a DAT version, they might like it for the upcoming mod. If the uniform guy hasn't done it yet, that is

I would think they'd also be interested in your EverBank stadium, as well. From the images you've posted, it looks real sharp. I like it alot, nice work.
Of course, that also would depend if you ever consider converting the stadium to DAT

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:35 pm

In a few cases DAT form is easier then Texmod. Jersey patches is one.
There is a separate layer in the jersey for a patch and then file 12 in dbtemplates.dat would have to be edited as well.
So the Giants traded Beckham....

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:01 pm

mee wrote:In a few cases DAT form is easier then Texmod. Jersey patches is one.
There is a separate layer in the jersey for a patch and then file 12 in dbtemplates.dat would have to be edited as well.

Oh, that is what he was he meant when he said the patch has it's own image

KeepinItTeal wrote:When logging in TexMod I did notice that it looked like the Colts patch was its own stand-alone image file. But how in the world do you find the location for that when you're dealing with a team that has no patch on its stock jersey in the game? Sorry if this has been asked before, I looked around the site and didn't see an answer.

Sorry, KIT...I should have kept quiet about that one. mee is far more knowledgeable here

KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby KeepinItTeal » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:48 am

moonbax wrote:Good idea with the patch, I'd use it if you made it available for sure. Still looking forward to Everbank too.

1312qohelet wrote:I agree with moonbax....cool patch.

I would think they'd also be interested in your EverBank stadium, as well. From the images you've posted, it looks real sharp. I like it alot, nice work.
Of course, that also would depend if you ever consider converting the stadium to DAT

Thanks guys. I hope to have the EverBank update finished later this week.

Return to “Archive + Q&A”