Adding a DAT uniform to a custom team.

A place for all old random modding threads.
Also, feel free to ask any questions here!
elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:40 pm

Follow these steps to add a DAT uniform to a custom team.

1. Create a custom team and save roster.

2. Open roster in a db editor and write down your custom team's TGID number.
example: Default Sharks.

3. Extract the TUNI table and open it in a spreadsheet.

In the example above where going to use the bears uniforms.
Copy the bears's uniforms (TGID 1).
Paste the copied uniforms (TGID 1).
Rename the TGID to the TGID of your custom team.
Save the spreadsheet and import back to the roster.

UFID = the location of the uniform in the UNIFORMS.dat file. (zero based selected)
TGID = team number assigned to a team.
TUCO = team uniform order.

4. When you load up the roster in Madden, the custom team uniforms will show up in the preview screen but in game the DAT uniforms will be used. You can make the changes permanent so that the DAT uniforms show up in the preview but that is for another tutorial.

Making the Changes Permanent
When you make the changes permanent, you will no longer be able to edit the team any further.

1. Open the roster with a db editor. Go to the CTMP and CTMU fields and remove any instances of your custom team's TGID. In this example these two tables would be blank.

2. Go to the TEAM table and go to your custom team. In the "TTYP" change it from "5" to "7". This will change the team from custom to an Europe team. In a conversation with Raston, he noticed that if you converted the custom team to a current team, that issues arose with the roster.

NOTE: There is an issue with the custom stadium using the Expanded Stadium Dat file. If you are using the Expanded Stadium Dat file, here's a work around.
3. Load your roster in the db editor.

4. Go to the STAD table, in the "STYP" filed change the value from "1" to "0". This will make the stadium from custom to a current stadium.

5. In the STAD table, change the "SRES" value from "216" to "34". This will use the Probowl stadium for the custom stadium. You can also use any of the other team's "SRES" values instead.

6. To change the stadium crowd's color, go to the TEAM table and change the "TCRP" value to any of the other team's value. For example the Falcons' fans use red in the crowd so if you change it to the falcons value, your crowd will have red in the stands. I have not tried other values other the the current ones listed.

7. Save the roster and test it.

Sponsor

Sponsor

ehlomint
All-Pro

Re: Adding a DAT uniform to a custom team.

Postby ehlomint » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:15 am

Thanks for this elguapo! Can you add the stuff about making it permanent (visible in selection screens)?

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:41 pm

updated the first post.

BayouBoy
Pro Bowl

Postby BayouBoy » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:43 pm

Thanks elguapo for the tut. Works great. It was a challenge for me since I'm new to this stuff, to get my custom unis to show up with the custom teams, but finally managed, I think. Kinda hit & miss. I am having a bit of a problem, though. Working with my historic unis, which I changed shoe color to black and made helmets maskless, the uniforms show up fine in game with shoe color, but still have the face mask. To ensure that I was doing it properly, I assigned one of the default teams my custom uniform, and it showed up in game fine with the changed shoe color & maskless helmets. So I'm sure it's some minor thing I'm doing wrong but can't figure it out yet. If you have any ideas, could you please advise.
Also, I realize your plate is full with everything you do for this site, but if you have some free time in the near future, could you please explain how you were able to assemble your Tecate Aguilas uniform dat for me. I would very much appreciate it. Thanks again, man.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:37 pm

BayouBoy wrote:Thanks elguapo for the tut. Works great. It was a challenge for me since I'm new to this stuff, to get my custom unis to show up with the custom teams, but finally managed, I think. Kinda hit & miss. I am having a bit of a problem, though. Working with my historic unis, which I changed shoe color to black and made helmets maskless, the uniforms show up fine in game with shoe color, but still have the face mask. To ensure that I was doing it properly, I assigned one of the default teams my custom uniform, and it showed up in game fine with the changed shoe color & maskless helmets. So I'm sure it's some minor thing I'm doing wrong but can't figure it out yet. If you have any ideas, could you please advise.
Also, I realize your plate is full with everything you do for this site, but if you have some free time in the near future, could you please explain how you were able to assemble your Tecate Aguilas uniform dat for me. I would very much appreciate it. Thanks again, man.

I'm not familiar with uniforms without masks but here's a good reference.http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3311#p13897 From what I get is that you need to blank the facemskl uniform part by making the image one solid color and then importing that image back selecting to make the first color in the palette transparent.

I can certainly describe how i made uniform but with the info about uniforms i think the uniform guys like NICK, thumstyx, sleeper66 and BIT should come up with some sort of a Uniform Standard so that uniforms will show up correctly in Madden.

BayouBoy
Pro Bowl

Postby BayouBoy » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:44 pm

Thanks elguapo. Yeah, I was aware of that thread, but it worked a little different for custom uniforms & custom teams. Got it worked out, though.

Just to be clear about what I was asking for in the above post....

"Re: PCmod

Postby elguapo » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:21 am
Thanks man!

You are right, i forgot to include the custom art dat for the Aguilas. To fix this rename the "Tecate.dat" to "Agilas .dat". Yes I also misspelled the dat file.

The reason you didn't have to add ids is because when you imported the team, it already had the changes i made to the team. It can be a little tricky to add custom dat uniforms to a custom team but as you can see it is possible.

Rixter outlined the steps in one of the threads. If you want a more detailed instructions i can certainly write one before i forget i did it myself."

....Knowing how to do this would help me out a lot. Thanks again.

patsallday
MVP

Postby patsallday » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:58 pm

I moved the New England Patriots back to Boston. I want to use the red throwbacks as the main uniforms but I don't know how to replace them with the custom uniforms I had to make. Any ideas? :D
Patriots win SB 49 Hopefully....

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:55 pm

patsallday wrote:I moved the New England Patriots back to Boston. I want to use the red throwbacks as the main uniforms but I don't know how to replace them with the custom uniforms I had to make. Any ideas? :D

I haven't done the opposite but i guess you would remove the TUNI uniforms from your team and the CT** tables you would replace the TGID with the patriots TGID.

Again, i haven't tried it.

BayouBoy
Pro Bowl

Postby BayouBoy » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:00 pm

patsallday wrote:I moved the New England Patriots back to Boston. I want to use the red throwbacks as the main uniforms but I don't know how to replace them with the custom uniforms I had to make. Any ideas? :D

If you are in a franchise and moved the team, there is a tutorial on moving uniforms from roster to franchise in the tutorial section. Never tried it myself, but it might help. Might be easier to create a custom Boston Patriots team in a roster first, then start a franchise with them. I have an old 66 or 67 Boston Patriots team if you need one.

patsallday
MVP

Postby patsallday » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:49 pm

BayouBoy wrote:

If you are in a franchise and moved the team, there is a tutorial on moving uniforms from roster to franchise in the tutorial section. Never tried it myself, but it might help. Might be easier to create a custom Boston Patriots team in a roster first, then start a franchise with them. I have an old 66 or 67 Boston Patriots team if you need one.

I'll take that! :D
Patriots win SB 49 Hopefully....

Return to “Archive + Q&A”