How to make any roster work with FF XIV uniforms

A place for all old random modding threads.
Also, feel free to ask any questions here!
prevas
All-Pro

Re: How to make any roster work with FF XIV uniforms

Postby prevas » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:14 pm

I really feel bad for necroing inactive thread but i really got lost on 11th step (new window ?) on excel. What new window are talking about ?

Sponsor

Sponsor

pick6
Hall of Fame

Postby pick6 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:10 am

prevas wrote:I really feel bad for necroing inactive thread but i really got lost on 11th step (new window ?) on excel. What new window are talking about ?

No need to feel bad! ;)
The wording is for OpenOffice Calc which is what I use. The process may be slightly different for Excel. In Calc when you click on "Paste Special", a little pop-up window opens with further options. The main goal though is to shift all the cells down, rather than just pasting over the existing contents.

prevas
All-Pro

Postby prevas » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:03 am

pick6 wrote:
prevas wrote:I really feel bad for necroing inactive thread but i really got lost on 11th step (new window ?) on excel. What new window are talking about ?

No need to feel bad! ;)
The wording is for OpenOffice Calc which is what I use. The process may be slightly different for Excel. In Calc when you click on "Paste Special", a little pop-up window opens with further options. The main goal though is to shift all the cells down, rather than just pasting over the existing contents.

I figured that part out but now this one is the issue

"14) Finally, go back up to row 1, column D and delete the value there. (It will regenerate itself correctly later.)", it simply doesn't regenerate itself after i delete it.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:12 am

prevas wrote:
pick6 wrote:

No need to feel bad! ;)

I figured that part out but now this one is the issue

"14) Finally, go back up to row 1, column D and delete the value there. (It will regenerate itself correctly later.)", it simply doesn't regenerate itself after i delete it.

It's not going to regenerate itself while you're editing the file. It will regenerate after you've imported the CSV back into the game.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

pick6
Hall of Fame

Postby pick6 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:22 am

RevanFan wrote:It's not going to regenerate itself while you're editing the file. It will regenerate after you've imported the CSV back into the game.

Yep, that value is just the total number of lines (minus the header line that contains the letters). If the total is incorrect after editing, then you'll run into problems. I always just delete it as it's generated automatically later on (when you import it). Delete the value, leave that field blank, and click on another cell to finalize it. Then save and import.

Looks like you're good to go prevas! Let us know if it works. ;)

prevas
All-Pro

Postby prevas » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:33 am

pick6 wrote:
RevanFan wrote:It's not going to regenerate itself while you're editing the file. It will regenerate after you've imported the CSV back into the game.

Yep, that value is just the total number of lines (minus the header line that contains the letters). If the total is incorrect after editing, then you'll run into problems. I always just delete it as it's generated automatically later on (when you import it). Delete the value, leave that field blank, and click on another cell to finalize it. Then save and import.

Looks like you're good to go prevas! Let us know if it works. ;)

Yep, it works ! Thanks guys !

Return to “Archive + Q&A”