Australian Gridiron League- AGL Mod

A place for all old random modding threads.
Also, feel free to ask any questions here!
packers316
All-Pro

Postby packers316 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:50 pm

This is a fantasy mod!
EDIT: This is a dat based mod

Following the success of the NFL in America and its rise as a semi-professional sport in Australia the National body for Football, Gridiron Australia has initiated the creation of “The Australian Gridiron League.”

The League will mirror the format of the NFL containing two conferences; the Australian Football Conference (AFC) and the National Football Conference (NFC), with the teams being organised into 4 divisions within each conference based on Geography and, of course, Nationalistic Rivalry.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The following aspects will be modified:
- Uniforms- all custom uniforms in high quality format
- Playbooks- custom playbooks, mirroring a more college style of play and a variety of differing schemes
-Roster (Duh!)
- Modified splash screen, load screens, menu buttons, backgrounds
- Stadiums, Field art etc.
As this is a fantasy mod there will be NO portraits as none of the players exist. Whilst some of the included teams are real, they are semi-professional and the rosters are not available to the public.

Whilst without appearing like a complete and utter JERK, I don’t actually want anyone to do anything for me (except testing and answering my questions), basically because I want to know how to do everything… Selfish I know :)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*As time progresses I will do a write up on each team and uniform screenshots.
Team List
Bulls
Centurions
Cougars
Cobras
Coyotes
Knights
Cyclones
Highlanders
Leopards
Raiders
Pirates
Lions
Gators
Golden Eagles
Kangaroos
Miners
Mustangs
Outlaws
Predators
Gladiators
Rebels
Hornets
Firebirds
Rhinos
Seahawks
Sharks
Silverbacks
Surge
Thunder
Titans
Warriors
Wolves

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One of my aims during this mod was to prove to the people who consider themselves noobs that modding is not that hard. As a part of this mod, I endeavoured to gather all the instructions I could to aid in creating Fantasy mods from scratch so other people can take part. I will release these on a separate thread later.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a firm believer that as a community we will be able to make further discoveries and higher quality mods if everyone can contribute(this is not a cheap shot at those who can’t mod ;) ). Just look at what JD, Sting, NICK and Slydways are doing!

When I have finished this mod, I will be looking to lead what I call the fantasy mod project. This is basically where a team of complete ‘noobs’ creates a fantasy mod with guidance from yours truly or anyone else who volunteers, which will result in new mods and lots of people having modding skills. One of the advantages we have over the new games is that we can make these mods that offering something completely different.

----------------------------------------------------------------
I will provide updates and will answer any questions, except one. Think to yourself before you ask about a release date, Do you feel lucky? Well do ya, punk? :lol:
Green Bay Packers, Franchise Journal: http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/view ... =2&t=14773
Heisman 14 Add-on Team
AGL MOD: viewtopic.php?f=84&t=15644

Sponsor

Sponsor

packers316
All-Pro

AFC Teams

Postby packers316 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:50 pm

Reserved
Green Bay Packers, Franchise Journal: http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/view ... =2&t=14773
Heisman 14 Add-on Team

packers316
All-Pro

NFC Teams

Postby packers316 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:51 pm

Reserved
Heisman 14 Add-on Team

Bagel
Veteran

Re: Australian Gridiron League- AGL Mod

Postby Bagel » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:06 pm

Will this be DAT or TexMod based? I've only had a brief stint of experience using TexMod for some field art so far, but I think this would be cool to help out with!

packers316
All-Pro

Postby packers316 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:52 pm

It's dat based
Heisman 14 Add-on Team

pick6
Hall of Fame

Postby pick6 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:57 am

packers316 wrote:Whilst without appearing like a complete and utter JERK, I don’t actually want anyone to do anything for me (except testing and answering my questions), basically because I want to know how to do everything… Selfish I know :)

Absolutely not! It's your mod and therefore completely up to you how to wish to proceed. I really like the fact that you want to learn yourself from this and then pass that knowledge on others. :)

packers316 wrote:One of my aims during this mod was to prove to the people who consider themselves noobs that modding is not that hard. As a part of this mod, I endeavoured to gather all the instructions I could to aid in creating Fantasy mods from scratch so other people can take part. I will release these on a separate thread later.

Love it! :D

packers316 wrote:When I have finished this mod, I will be looking to lead what I call the fantasy mod project. This is basically where a team of complete ‘noobs’ creates a fantasy mod with guidance from yours truly or anyone else who volunteers, which will result in new mods and lots of people having modding skills.

Awesome dude! I wish I'd thought of that; really great idea! ;)

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:47 pm

Could be interesting... would like to take a look..
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

packers316
All-Pro

Postby packers316 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:00 am

happy to see there is interest in the mod!

On the weekend I will upload some screenshots of the unis I have completed so far... all teams have unis but only 5 teams have full sets that I am happy with so I think what will take the most amount of time.

Seeing as I'm doing an update I may as well go all the way. I'm currently fiddling with playbooks and varying defensive/offensive schemes to mirror a college style league. If anyone has a playbook they would like to see in the mod feel free to request! I am looking to polish up audibles and formations etc. as well as fix running tendecies and the AI as at the moment the cpu is running 4 times in a game.

My logos are looking sweet (again I will upload on the weekend), I have employed dds and a whole bunch of drop shadows and embossing to make them look sweet!!

I'm excited to release this! :P
Heisman 14 Add-on Team

pick6
Hall of Fame

Postby pick6 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:46 pm

packers316 wrote:My logos are looking sweet (again I will upload on the weekend), I have employed dds and a whole bunch of drop shadows and embossing to make them look sweet!!

Oh don't get me started on the drop shadows! Licking my lips already!! :lol:
Can't wait to see it... :)

packers316
All-Pro

Postby packers316 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:09 pm

With it being the silly season it has taken a bit longer to do the screen shots but I have progressed on the uniforms with about 10/32 teams having V2 uniforms. I have also begun fixing the AI tags on the playbooks so they run better.

On that note if anyone has a custom playbook they would like to see in the mod let me know and I'll be happy to put it in the official mod :D
Heisman 14 Add-on Team

Return to “Archive + Q&A”