Updated Stadiums

A place for all old random modding threads.
Also, feel free to ask any questions here!
slydways
Banned
Location: Alliance,Ohio ........Home of the MOUNT UNION PURPLE RAIDERS 11 Division III National Championships

Re: Updated Stadiums

Postby slydways » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:31 pm

BTW...there are actually 3 stadiums per team...not one.
For Thunder stadium there is...
(in STADIUMS.DAT)
529-Day (1:00 , 2:30 )
533-Dusk ( 4:15 )
537-Night ( 7:00 , 8:30 )

Make sure to select the correct time to see your edits.

Sponsor

Sponsor

StingRay68
Hall of Fame

Postby StingRay68 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:13 pm

I wasn't going to post about the possibilities of creating custom models, but this is eventually going to be possible.
However, the difficulty in doing so is probably going to exclude everyone except for the most dedicated madden modders from doing so.
Seeing how only a select few were able to do uniform imports into dat files and those are EASY compared to customizing the tmdl files.

That being said, here is a very basic example. Here I moved an endzone graphic to a midfield location. The endzone location was just green grass afterwards.

"Yeah but we can do this with texmod"
For this example yes, you can accomplish the same effect by changing the midfield graphic and then blank out the endzone one, BUT with editing the dat files these graphics can be moved ANYWHERE. This was just a quick edit. I could have moved this to the 20 yard line for instance
Moving a graphic to a different location isnt possible with texmod. Also graphics eventually can be added, for instance adding a small graphic logo elsewhere on the field, like on the 20 yard line or something.

test-small.jpg
test-small.jpg (23.51 KiB) Viewed 2367 times

pick6
Hall of Fame

Postby pick6 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:07 pm

Much kudos StingRay; that indeed is exciting news! From the OP's post, I didn't realize that that was what we were talking about. :oops:

My apologies slydways; you are of course correct that the jumbotron cannot be blanked out in TexMod (I was confusing that with "scoreboard" in my head). When I tested it myself by blanking out Seattle's north "tower" ad board which has a jumbotron built into it, I was of course left with a jumbotron floating in mid-air!! :D )

Well done guys, keep up the good work.

slydways
Banned
Location: Alliance,Ohio ........Home of the MOUNT UNION PURPLE RAIDERS 11 Division III National Championships

Postby slydways » Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:37 pm

Thx pick6...I think that Texmod and Dat editing both have their place...

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:56 pm

All of this is extremely promising. Makes me hopeful that we may one day have updated stadiums in the FF mods. However, this cannot be done until someone can be certain of the extent of which we are allowed to edit stadiums and how to get the stadiums to actually look like their real-life counterparts.

Also, if I understand this correctly, does this mean that all compressed files can now be edited, or is it currently just a select few?
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

slydways
Banned

Postby slydways » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:32 am

All compressed files will be editable if StingRay68 is successful. And I believe he will.

ehlomint
All-Pro

Postby ehlomint » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:24 am

Stingray...that is awesome! Looking forward to you sharing the knowledge...

Hoping to that the same concepts work on uniforms, i.e. we can add different types of sleeves, etc. etc.

StingRay68
Hall of Fame

Postby StingRay68 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:46 pm

ehlomint wrote:Hoping to that the same concepts work on uniforms, i.e. we can add different types of sleeves, etc. etc.

Well, the example I gave earlier was about moving an existing graphic to a new location

I did answer to something similar asked about in relation to elbow pads... being able to add a new graphic into a dat file isn't an issue, being able to use it or access it, however could be...
viewtopic.php?f=85&t=15043&start=10#p41787

slydways
Banned

Re: Updated Stadiums-Open Ended Stadium

Postby slydways » Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:27 pm

Here is an attempt at a Dat based , open ended stadium ( high school , small college ) using 525 Galaxy Night. There are obvious flaws but I hope that by posting this others will start trying this and we can all learn from our collective efforts. Basic information on this is found in this thread and Opening Compressed files thread http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=85&t=14906.Using the Hex Editor (16 bytes per row, Offset Base Decimal) I made my edits from the first part of the GEOM section of the TMdl file (2736-4688 for 525 Galaxy Night)
Using Galaxy Night (525) , I discovered that I could reduce the amount of the crowd by half....from the bottom up...

1.Go to file 3440
2. Find the 6th byte ( this works on other stadiums as well...look for the first file that has a number other than 00 at the 6th byte.)
3.Reduce it by half ( or any other fraction)
4. In this case one half from 0A to 04. ( hexadecimal numbers)

HxD Crowd.jpg
HxD Crowd.jpg (62.73 KiB) Viewed 2213 times

HexNumbers.jpg
HexNumbers.jpg (83.62 KiB) Viewed 2213 times

This made the first tier crowd and the crowd in the endzones to disappear...opening up the possibility of a open ended stadium. I edited a few banner files in the MMAP section to fill in the bottom wall....after that it was a matter of eliminating other files from the endzone area by "nulling",using the "fill with 00" method.

1. Highlight the file you want (unfortunately I have failed to find a pattern on how to know which file corresponds to what structure...so it is trial and error...hunt and peck)
2. Edit...Fill Selection...OK
3. That will make that area disappear.

NULL.jpg
NULL.jpg (99.93 KiB) Viewed 2213 times

I found that the Jumbotron was actually 4 files to eliminate...3824,3856,3888,3920. So you may find these in approx. the same area in other stadiums ( about halfway through the file ) These are all 16 byte files so the numbers I give are just the first byte ( offset number ) for that file. Photo and Stadium file in the next post...

slydways
Banned

Re: Updated Stadiums-Open Ended Stadium

Postby slydways » Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:27 pm

Here are the photos...

Original...

525_Galaxy_Night.jpg
525_Galaxy_Night.jpg (92.33 KiB) Viewed 2213 times

Modded...

525_Galaxy_Night_open_ended.jpg
525_Galaxy_Night_open_ended.jpg (60.23 KiB) Viewed 2213 times

and the Stadium file to download...

525_Galaxy_Night_open_ended.zip
(296.19 KiB) Downloaded 108 times