Updated Stadiums

A place for all old random modding threads.
Also, feel free to ask any questions here!
eal
Pro Bowl

Updated Stadiums

Postby eal » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:23 pm

Is there a mod which has updated stadiums since the 08 release?

Updated Stadiums

Sponsor

Sponsor

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Re: Updated Stadiums

Postby Danchat » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:58 pm

eal wrote:Is there a mod which has updated stadiums since the 08 release?

I'm pretty sure we can't edit those. I think they're on the .exe file, which is illegal to edit.
Correct me if I'm wrong here.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:07 pm

Danchat wrote:I'm pretty sure we can't edit those. I think they're on the .exe file, which is illegal to edit. Correct me if I'm wrong here
What about STADIUMS.DAT?

slydways
Banned
Location: Alliance,Ohio ........Home of the MOUNT UNION PURPLE RAIDERS 11 Division III National Championships

Postby slydways » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:29 pm

Your correct...the stadiums are in STADIUMS.DAT. They are compressed so you must first decompress them by using JD's Playbook Ripper and follow the onscreen instructions.Although designed for playbooks...we have found that it will decompress ANY file. The extracted file will be located in the "My Documents" folder and named "playbook.db". Just rename the new file anything...i.e....file529un.dat. Below are some pics of before and after of my unfinished Thunder Day stadium. This is file 529 in STADIUMS.DAT.

Click on the pics to see the fule photos.

before and after front.jpg
before and after front.jpg (160.51 KiB) Viewed 3807 times

before and after side.jpg
before and after side.jpg (159.55 KiB) Viewed 3807 times

goalpost.jpg
goalpost.jpg (118.71 KiB) Viewed 3807 times

Notice the goal post net and Jumbotron are gone...can't do this with texmod.

Sleeper66
All-Pro

Postby Sleeper66 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:05 am

Once the file is extracted/renamed, what utility do you use to open it?

pick6
Hall of Fame

Postby pick6 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:47 am

slydways wrote: Notice the goal post net and Jumbotron are gone...can't do this with texmod.
Sorry to butt in here but it is actually possible to do this in TexMod; you just replace the texture with a "blanker" (a transparent image with nothing on it, just 10x10 pixels or whatever.)
EDIT: but you can't "re-arrange the building" so to speak in TexMod. That is, you can't use TexMod to create new stadiums and design a new layout; dat-editing is the way to go there. But TexMod can be used to alter whatever is there already. "Stadium editing" can interpreted two different ways here really. If it's just existing NFL stadiums that you want to update, then TexMod will do the job.

Thanks for explaining how to do edit the stadium in .dat-form though; I had always wondered myself! One of these days I'd like to get around to trying that myself.

eal
Pro Bowl

Postby eal » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:23 am

So would it actually be possible to create Lucas Oil Stadium or Cowboys stadium and actually get it in-game?

slydways
Banned
Location: Alliance,Ohio ........Home of the MOUNT UNION PURPLE RAIDERS 11 Division III National Championships

Postby slydways » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:48 am

Sleeper66 wrote:Once the file is extracted/renamed, what utility do you use to open it?

The "HxD...Hex Editor" ...see more about opening and editing in hex here...

http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=85&t=14906&p=40598#p40598

slydways
Banned

Postby slydways » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:59 am

pick6 wrote:
slydways wrote: Notice the goal post net and Jumbotron are gone...can't do this with texmod.
Sorry to butt in here but it is actually possible to do this in TexMod; you just replace the texture with a "blanker" (a transparent image with nothing on it, just 10x10 pixels or whatever.)

When you say "actually possible to do this in TexMod" I assume the "this" is the "net" portion of my statement...I never found it myself but if that is the case...Great! ...however I do believe that the "Jumbotron" cannot be edited or made
transparent in Texmod. Correct me if I am wrong.

slydways
Banned

Postby slydways » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:17 pm

eal wrote:So would it actually be possible to create Lucas Oil Stadium or Cowboys stadium and actually get it in-game?

If you are referring to changes like the giant new Jumbotron screen in Texas stadium , for example , then I would say no, not at this time. Expanding the size of an existing Jumbotron or creating a whole new one is not possible yet. This is true of any other graphics as well. Any changes now must stay within the confines of the existing geometry or 3D structure. There is a portion of the TMdl stadium file called "Geom" that StingRay68 has explained to me and I have been experimenting with in trying to modify the 3D structure, but so far, nothing meaningful. But StingRay68 is in the production of his new "Madden Resource Editor." and in that development , I am hopeful he will be able to break the code of the TMdl file and make 3D modding possible. Be patient...I am told it took 2 years to figure out uniforms.

http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=14989&p=41253#p41253

Return to “Archive + Q&A”