Commentary Mod

A place for all old random modding threads.
Also, feel free to ask any questions here!
Gerberfootball27
All-Pro

Re: Commentary Mod

Postby Gerberfootball27 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:07 am

slydways wrote:What you see here is all I have... I don't do video tutorials. Sorry.

I see the hard work you have to do

Sponsor

Sponsor

Gerberfootball27
All-Pro

Postby Gerberfootball27 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:35 am

slydways wrote:In file #239 in SPCHMAD2 , I found the 4 intro files of Michaels for the custom teams such as College,CFL,High School etc.
I then muted the controller file for 239 ( 238 in the TERF file ). This empty space I filled with a Brad Nessler audio intro from youtube of a NCAA 13 game of OSU vs Michigan. I placed the Nessler intro audio in the #405 slot of the SOUNDDAT.
You end up with a Nessler/Michaels broadcast team for the intro and a nice way to mod a College or other custom game.
The audio goes like this....Nessler.....Michaels.....Nessler.....Michaels. This can be done with other audio from other games from youtube,a console game, tv,radio etc. Unfortunately like texmod....you have to switch out your various SOUNDDAT and SPCHMAD2 dats for each game. Ideally ,we can someday find a way for Michaels to say "Ohio State" instead of "The Home Team" and "Cassady" instead of "number 22". Here is the video...

can you do a tutorial viedo please this is kind of complicated

slydways
Banned
Location: Alliance,Ohio ........Home of the MOUNT UNION PURPLE RAIDERS 11 Division III National Championships

Postby slydways » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:48 am

That was the easy one...and...again...I don't do video tutorials. Until I came along...no one even attempted a commentary mod...now you know why.

Gerberfootball27
All-Pro

Postby Gerberfootball27 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:06 pm

slydways wrote:That was the easy one...and...again...I don't do video tutorials. Until I came along...no one even attempted a commentary mod...now you know why.

I see why but dont you think its possible to do a td celebration mod but asutinmario told me it is hard coded but who knows

lionsfan
MVP

Postby lionsfan » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:22 pm

Gerberfootball27 wrote:
slydways wrote:That was the easy one...and...again...I don't do video tutorials. Until I came along...no one even attempted a commentary mod...now you know why.

I see why but dont you think its possible to do a td celebration mod but asutinmario told me it is hard coded but who knows

That is most likely completely impossible. Not only is it hard coded but we would actually have to add our own code to do it, it would take an extremely extremely knowledgeable programmer who knows EA's code. If you think that making a commentary mod is hard its probably 1000x harder to do a TD celebration mod.

Bagel
Veteran

Postby Bagel » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:24 pm

lionsfan wrote:
Gerberfootball27 wrote:

That is most likely completely impossible. Not only is it hard coded but we would actually have to add our own code to do it, it would take an extremely extremely knowledgeable programmer who knows EA's code. If you think that making a commentary mod is hard its probably 1000x harder to do a TD celebration mod.

This. Replacing sound files are one thing, but not only changing code for a celebration and then programming the actual celebration animation makes that kind of mod nearly impossible.

GMG2014
All-Pro

Postby GMG2014 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:50 pm

What mod do I need for my madden 08 to play like madden 25, gameplay sound effects tackling and celebrations after scoring???

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:26 pm

There is no mod for it.

GMG2014
All-Pro

Postby GMG2014 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:45 pm

Ok thanks my friend, please enlighten me as soon as something comes up

slydways
Banned
Location: Alliance,Ohio ........Home of the MOUNT UNION PURPLE RAIDERS 11 Division III National Championships

Postby slydways » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:18 am

What exactly did you want to know about it?

Return to “Archive + Q&A”