Commentary Mod

A place for all old random modding threads.
Also, feel free to ask any questions here!
slydways
Banned
Location: Alliance,Ohio ........Home of the MOUNT UNION PURPLE RAIDERS 11 Division III National Championships

Re: Commentary Mod

Postby slydways » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:47 pm

Thanks pleake...a pat on the back always feels good. :)

Sponsor

Sponsor

slydways
Banned
Location: Alliance,Ohio ........Home of the MOUNT UNION PURPLE RAIDERS 11 Division III National Championships

Postby slydways » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:17 pm

dawg317 wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:19 am

We've looked at updating the commentary, but it is a project that would take an obscene amount of time to do. Each phrase/sound file would need to be documented and replaced with a very similar phrase. Finding 1-2 voices, in good quality, for each phrase would be almost impossible. About the only way to do this would be to document each file and record each "updated" file with the same voice. Just an estimate of time to actually do this would probably be 6 months. And that's assuming you (or whoever) did nothing but this, no school/work, no family life, etc.

Truer words were never spoken.

slydways
Banned

Postby slydways » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:31 am

Find it at the "Modded Dats" section of http://collegefootballpc.com/ For access...just register.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:30 am

Awesome job guys!

slydways
Banned

Postby slydways » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:28 pm

elguapo wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:48 pm
Have you tried Hex editing the extracted files?

Special thanks to you elguapo , Hex editing was the key and you got us started . :)

slydways
Banned

Re: Commentary Mod - ComMod Audio Converter

Postby slydways » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:18 pm

Find it at the "Modded Dats" section of http://collegefootballpc.com/ For access...just register.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:03 am

slydways wrote:
elguapo wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:48 pm
Have you tried Hex editing the extracted files?

Special thanks to you elguapo , Hex editing was the key and you got us started . :)

Happy to have nodged you guys in that direction but you guys would have figured it out.

What you are doing here is still over my head and you can just imagine me with the deer in the headlight look when i read all of this. :lol:

slydways
Banned

Postby slydways » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:33 pm

Gerberfootball27 has shown some interest in resurrecting the old "Commentary Mod" so here is the old thread with the tutorials and all the info we have so far...

Gerberfootball27 wrote:
slydways wrote:That was as far as I was able to go. It took an enormous amount of time and concentration.I took on the commentary mod because of my background in audio recording. Feel free to take anything you want from my work and have a go at it. There are still changes that can be made. I tried unsuccessfully to get the announcer to say "Ohio State" instead of "Home Team" All I was able to do was get both the Stadium announcer and Al Michaels to say a custom made name ( one not already in the game). It is possible to change the actual comments made by Michaels and Madden and have them be Herbstreit and Musburger....it just takes months to to....if you do it 8hrs a day. If you really want to try something...try finishing what I did not...first try to get the Stadium Announcer to say a custom team name ( Ohio State). If you do that then try Al Michaels. Those are my suggestions. I will try and help any way I can. If you are serious ...let me know and I will bring the original post back up to date.That was one of my first projects and I have learned quite a bit more since then.....so who knows...maybe this time we can do more ;)

yes we can work on it and I gurantee a lot of people would like to do it just post a tutorial video or readme..txt and ill understand it

Gerberfootball27
All-Pro

Postby Gerberfootball27 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:48 pm

slydways wrote:Gerberfootball27 has shown some interest in resurrecting the old "Commentary Mod" so here is the old thread with the tutorials and all the info we have so far...

Gerberfootball27 wrote:
slydways wrote:That was as far as I was able to go. It took an enormous amount of time and concentration.I took on the commentary mod because of my background in audio recording. Feel free to take anything you want from my work and have a go at it. There are still changes that can be made. I tried unsuccessfully to get the announcer to say "Ohio State" instead of "Home Team" All I was able to do was get both the Stadium announcer and Al Michaels to say a custom made name ( one not already in the game). It is possible to change the actual comments made by Michaels and Madden and have them be Herbstreit and Musburger....it just takes months to to....if you do it 8hrs a day. If you really want to try something...try finishing what I did not...first try to get the Stadium Announcer to say a custom team name ( Ohio State). If you do that then try Al Michaels. Those are my suggestions. I will try and help any way I can. If you are serious ...let me know and I will bring the original post back up to date.That was one of my first projects and I have learned quite a bit more since then.....so who knows...maybe this time we can do more ;)

yes we can work on it and I gurantee a lot of people would like to do it just post a tutorial video or readme..txt and ill understand it

is it possible for you to post a video tutorial so i can have a template or guidline

slydways
Banned

Postby slydways » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:10 am

What you see here is all I have... I don't do video tutorials. Sorry.

Return to “Archive + Q&A”