Service Pack PS3

A place for all old random modding threads.
Also, feel free to ask any questions here!
BR_DreadlocK
Veteran

Re: Service Pack PS3

Postby BR_DreadlocK » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:02 am

In truth i use a Xbox 360 controller, im doing this only for the guys of community, not for me.. many people here use thes low end PS generics, cuz a logitech or xbox 360 are really expensive (about $ 60-100 dollars)..
The remapping works! You are wrong about it... And i still believe what im saying is the better solution!
Did you try out the steps I told?

Well, I think I can do what I'm trying, but I need the codes and for this I need your help.

Where I can chat better with you? Join now this chat room pls: http://us12.chatzy.com/62308222524238

Sponsor

Sponsor

Gridiron
MVP

Postby Gridiron » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:16 am

BR_DreadlocK wrote:In truth i use a Xbox 360 controller, im doing this only for the guys of community, not for me.. many people here use thes low end PS generics, cuz a logitech or xbox 360 are really expensive (about $ 60-100 dollars)..
The remapping works! You are wrong about it... And i still believe what im saying is the better solution!
Did you try out the steps I told?

Well, I think I can do what I'm trying, but I need the codes and for this I need your help.

Where I can chat better with you? Join now this chat room pls: http://us12.chatzy.com/62308222524238

If the button remapping in MADDEN works, then you are correct and the low end generic PC controllers can be easily used.

That would be good.

I'll investigate to see if I missed something in using the controller remapping function.
If I discover that I can remap a controller to create and test that TPF you've requested, I'll make it.
GRIDIRON! The 1st physics based computer football simulation.

BR_DreadlocK
Veteran

Postby BR_DreadlocK » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:23 am

Thanks bro, you da man! Trust me, the Madden control remapping works, just follow the steps I told you.

But, please, join the chatzy now, then I and my friend can help you with that!
We are already there:
http://us12.chatzy.com/62308222524238

Gridiron
MVP

Postby Gridiron » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:27 pm

OK, here is a bit more information about the busted controller configuration in MADDEN 08.

The reason why you think the remapping works is because that it actually does during play execution. However it looks like the remapping is ignored for the play audible popup menus, so they are mismatched when compared to the displayed receiver icons. :o

The reason why I thought that the remapping doesn't work is because the remapping is ignored on the play selection screen, penalty accept/refusal selection screen, and coin toss selection screens. The remapping is probably ignored for any user interface menu that displays the button icons. :roll:

My strong recommendation is to stay away from the controller button remapping to eliminate any additional confusion.

Gridiron
MVP

Postby Gridiron » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:13 pm

Here is an additional bit about the button remapping.
Now I see why you want the codes for the receiver #2 icon,
but I think that the receiver #2 icon even being displayed is just another indication of MADDEN remapping logic bugs.

Think about it, if one simply remaps the controller buttons, why would we expect anything in the game interface to change?
I think what one sees should stay exactly the same, with the only change being which button gets pressed on the controller to make a menu choice.
Clearly there is something seriously wrong with the button remapping implementation in MADDEN 08.

Off Topic: @ BR_DreadlocK
I installed, joined, and am now running COMODO.
I've connected to the network that you suggested.
I hope to see you there sometime.

BR_DreadlocK
Veteran

Postby BR_DreadlocK » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:19 pm

Here are a possible "solution" for low end PS2/PS3 generic controls!

This works for those who have the buttons order like this:
-- 1 --
4 --- 2
-- 3 --

Before anything, the control must be configured in profile like this:
Passing: 10 9 4 3 2 1 5 6 7 8 (or 10 9 4 3 2 1 7 8 5 6)*
Rushing: 10 9 4 3 2 1 5 6 7 8 (or 10 9 4 3 2 1 7 8 5 6)
Receiving: 10 9 4 3 2 1 5 (or 10 9 4 3 2 1 7)
Defense: 10 9 4 3 2 1 5 6 7 8 (or 10 9 4 3 2 1 7 8 5 6)
Blocking: 10 9 4 3 2 1 5 6 7 8 (or 10 9 4 3 2 1 7 8 5 6)

*Some controllers have the buttons 5-6 on L2-R2 position and 7-8 on L1-R1, in this case the right order is that in parentheses.

Some people play with the standard setup (10 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8), that is an option and the buttons will work with this configuration too.
Works for Gamepads too (instead of Logitech).

The problems are the same as reordering the normal Gamepad buttons...
For example, the play selection must be selected with Triangle, Circle and X (but now with the right icons), instead of Square, X and Circle...
and when pressing R2 in game the buttons of right menu dont match with the names of the players...
There are other little things, but nothing that can make the game unplayable...

In the file "PS Generic Controls.rar" there are 3 files:
"PS 1234 5678.tpf" is for the (10 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8) control setup.
"PS 4321 5678.tpf" is for the (10 9 4 3 2 1 5 6 7 8) control setup.
"PS 4321 7856.tpf" is for the (10 9 4 3 2 1 7 8 5 6) control setup.

I hope you enjoy it and big thanks to Gridiron!
Attachments
PS Generic Controllers.rar
(292.04 KiB) Downloaded 826 times

truetothegame13
MVP

Postby truetothegame13 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:45 am

xbox to ps3 worked for me gridiron. this is great, thanks alot.
My Corner (my threads): Includes tips for graphics, settings, screen resolution, sliders. Great roster resources from multi-platforms (converting/porting). 4GB patch for 64-bit processors.

Gridiron
MVP

Postby Gridiron » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:19 pm

BR_DreadlocK wrote:Hey bro, the best i could did was this...
The only problem is the play selection is with Triangle, Circle and X (but with right icons), instead of Square, X and Circle...
and when pressing R2 in game the buttons x names of the players on the right menu are wrong, but the rest is working fine...
chek it out, pls (remember to custom 4321 before)

I tried it and I do appreciate the shoutout.
If that .tpf works for your needs then fine, but I do hope that you make your associates aware of the other solution (DS3 tool) which offers a less confusing play environment.

truetothegame13 wrote:xbox to ps3 worked for me gridiron. this is great, thanks alot.

Thanks for posting the positive feedback truetothegame13.
I am glad that you were able to run it as I remember an earlier version was not working for you.
I'm hoping that the use of this will open up our beloved PC MADDEN game to a large number of enthusiasts who would not otherwise participate and help our community to grow.

BR_DreadlocK
Veteran

Postby BR_DreadlocK » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:27 pm

If that .tpf works for your needs then fine, but I do hope that you make your associates aware of the other solution (DS3 tool) which offers a less confusing play environment.

I tried that, but DS3 doesn't work for PS2 generic controllers without a PS2-PS3 adaptor...
Then I think this is the easiest solution for those who already play with this kind of controller. ;)

Gridiron
MVP

Postby Gridiron » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:50 pm

BR_DreadlocK wrote:

I tried that, but DS3 doesn't work for PS2 generic controllers without a PS2-PS3 adaptor...
Then I think this is the easiest solution for those who already play with this kind of controller. ;)

You are most likely correct.
That DS3 tool is only for PS3 controllers.
However another thought here, perhaps you could have them check out to see if that registry hack for the generic PS3 gamepads works for the PS2 controllers.

Return to “Archive + Q&A”