Adding more "Depth" to the Depth Chart

Modifying Madden 08.
Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:18 pm

Anyone have an idea on how to do that? I want to be able to have a 4th string TE.

Sponsor

Sponsor

datmanmadden59x
Pro Bowl

Re: Adding more "Depth" to the Depth Chart

Postby datmanmadden59x » Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:22 pm

Hi guys,
I coincidentally recently discovered how to do this this week. To have a 4th string TE, change your TE player to an offensive line position of either tackle or guard i.e. LT in the Madden 2008 editor. Go back into Madden, substitute that former TE in to LT2 spot on the depth chart. Go back to your Madden editor and change that player back to TE. Voila. You now have a 4th string TE. When you look back in the depth chart within Madden, it will show a different player at LT2 but your 4th string TE is still in effect. When your first string TE1 gets tired, you will notice your 4th string TE in the game at third TE spot.

This trick also applies to getting a FB or TE to play at QB 2 or 3. For that to happen on field, pick a formation where that FB or TE is not on the field. Create a global custom pack of QB 1 switched with QB 2 and another package of QB 1 switched with QB 3.

If you auto reorder the depth chart, you will loose all your changes though.

Thanks Austin for all your work in Madden over the years.

Dat

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:03 am

datmanmadden59x wrote:Hi guys,
I coincidentally recently discovered how to do this this week. To have a 4th string TE, change your TE player to an offensive line position of either tackle or guard i.e. LT in the Madden 2008 editor. Go back into Madden, substitute that former TE in to LT2 spot on the depth chart. Go back to your Madden editor and change that player back to TE. Voila. You now have a 4th string TE. When you look back in the depth chart within Madden, it will show a different player at LT2 but your 4th string TE is still in effect. When your first string TE1 gets tired, you will notice your 4th string TE in the game at third TE spot.

This trick also applies to getting a FB or TE to play at QB 2 or 3. For that to happen on field, pick a formation where that FB or TE is not on the field. Create a global custom pack of QB 1 switched with QB 2 and another package of QB 1 switched with QB 3.

Dat

Won't that cause the TE to also sub in on the O-Line?

datmanmadden59x
Pro Bowl

Postby datmanmadden59x » Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:06 am

Yes, I believe it will make the TE4 sub in as an offensive lineman. If your LT1 gets hurt in a game, then sub a different tackle or guard into the LT1 position and I would believe you would still keep your TE4 position at LT2.

DOLPHINSKINGS1
All-Pro

Postby DOLPHINSKINGS1 » Thu Aug 10, 2023 4:50 pm

datmanmadden59x wrote:Hi guys,

Dat

Can this be done with WR's, CB's, SS's, and FS's? Some teams carry 7-8 WR's (but 6 is NFL common). Sometimes the 7th and 8th player get some plays in on offense and usually some on ST's. The CB's, FS's, SS's are usually carried as 8 to 11 total DB's players. In NZA Editor some teams have more slots on the depth chart for certain areas than others, like WR's and CB's and some have slots for only 4 to 5 but there should be a way to put in more right?
Miami Dolphins: Back-to-Back Super Bowl Champions '72-'73/ Undefeated Season Super Bowl VII & Super Bowl VIII
Los Angeles Kings: 2 Time Stanley Cup Champions 2012 & 2014

GO DOLPHINS!!!
GO KINGS GO!!!

datmanmadden59x
Pro Bowl

Postby datmanmadden59x » Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:19 pm

Yeah, there are limitations for the other positions like CB and S.

I have found something though for the WR position.

In Madden 08, there are only 6 WR spots on the depth chart. There is actually a 7th WR spot and this is how you use it. The 7th WR spot is TE3 on the depth chart. To make this happen, convert your 7th WR to TE and sub him at the TE3 slot. You can either keep that player at the TE position or go into the NZA roster editor and convert that player back to WR. If you convert that WR back then in the Madden 08 depth chart he will still be your TE3 unless you reorder the depth chart for TE3 position or auto reorder the depth chart globally for that team. If moving the player back to WR, then the WR make take an awareness hit being that he at the TE3 in the depth chart.

Using a customized offensive playbook, in a formation change the position of TE3 to FB2. An example would be the goal line formation. I think there is a way to change the TE3 to FB2 globally but I do not know how to do it. If anyone knows, then let us know.

Dat

Return to “Modding”