M08 Camera Angle Identical to 2023 FOF

Modifying Madden 08.
Harry97
All-Pro

Re: M08 Camera Angle Identical to 2023 FOF

Postby Harry97 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:25 pm

TheRareButter wrote:I don't think that the angle is possible because it's not initiated until post snap. Would Calhoupes TV view address be similar, thus making it simpler to find camera locations?

As it pertains to what you think is a different camera angle, I think what you're seeing is just what happens to the normal camera when the ball is spotted close to the goal line. The camera behavior of the normal camera angles changes when the QB drops back into his own endzone. Then the camera sort of returns to normal when he runs out of the endzone and past the LOS.

As far as Calhoupe's TV view, I'm not sure how he developed his TV view. Do we know if his TV view just a modification of the demo camera?

Sponsor

Sponsor

TheRareButter
MVP

Postby TheRareButter » Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:29 pm

Harry97 wrote:
TheRareButter wrote:I don't think that the angle is possible because it's not initiated until post snap. Would Calhoupes TV view address be similar, thus making it simpler to find camera locations?

As it pertains to what you think is a different camera angle, I think what you're seeing is just what happens to the normal camera when the ball is spotted close to the goal line. The camera behavior of normal camera angles change when the QB drops back into the endzone.

As far as Calhoupe's TV view, I'm not sure how he developed his TV view. Do we know if his TV view just a modification of the demo camera?

Can the behavior of that camera angle be locked into place? I think Calhoupes angle is one of the CPU vs CPU angles, see here.

Harry97
All-Pro

Postby Harry97 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:50 pm

TheRareButter wrote:Can the behavior of that camera angle be locked into place? I think Calhoupes angle is one of the CPU vs CPU angles, see here.

By demo camera, that's what I'm referring to : the CPU vs CPU camera angle. I hacked it to some extent in NCAA 06. But it's tricky. With the codes I found, I can make some adjustments to it and through manual intervention can make it more presentable in a CPU vs CPU game. But I was only able to manipulate it to a certain extent.

I haven't actually tested Calhoupe's TV camera so I can't confirm that it's actually a hack of the demo (CPU vs CPU) camera angle. But from that screenshot it appears like that's what it is. The CPU vs CPU (demo mode) camera angle (in NCAA at least - it may be different in Madden) cycles through different angles automatically so it's difficult to actually get it to stay in the normal broadcast angle for every play. I know that the demo / CPU vs CPU camera, in Madden at least, is very different from one Madden year to another, but I think in NCAA PS2 it's pretty much the same from game to game, but I'm not 100% sure about that. I figured out how to adjust and manipulate the demo cam in NCAA 06 while at the LOS by finding some cheat engine codes but I was hoping that somewhere in one of the DATs I can find a file that allows me to control the demo camera to a greater extent that I've been able to do.

Maybe that's what Calhoupe did in Madden with his TV camera, I don't know, but all I know is that in NCAA 06 at least, I did manage to (through cheat engine) make the demo camera much more customizable and more presentable, but still it has its limitations. I wonder if maybe there is some camera data in the ANIMDATA.DAT that can help us modify the cameras to an even greater extent.

So I found some really cool demo camera codes for NCAA 06. But it's not exactly what Calhoupe appears to have achieved with his TV camera. Then again the demo / CPU vs CPU camera in Madden 08 PC I think is very different than the demo / CPU vs CPU cam in NCAA 06 so what he did may not apply to what I did in NCAA 06 and vice versa. Lets put it this way, from what I've seen, it seems that the demo / CPU vs CPU camera in Madden 08 PC (and/or in some of the Maddens on PS2) is much different than in NCAA 06. Generally, in some (but not all) Maddens on PS2 at least, the demo camera is more stable I think, it's at a lower angle, etc. So it sort of looks more like a TV broadcast out the gate. In contrast, NCAA 06's is looking at the field at a higher angle. Now some of my codes can edit that once at the LOS, but it's programmed to revert to whatever the default angle is when they break the huddle.

So if Calhoupe's TV camera angle is in fact just a variation / hack of the demo camera, then he may have been working with a demo camera in Madden that was more stable and possibly easier to manipulate than what I have to deal with in NCAA 06 if that makes sense. And that's another thing, if I knew what file in the DAT controls the camera behavior then I could perhaps test some of the Madden PS2 or Madden 08 PC camera data in NCAA 06 and see if I can get the Madden style demo camera in NCAA 06. But thus far, I don't know where that file would be on the disc or in what DAT. I wonder if maybe the camera data could be in ANIMDATA.DAT.

mike9472
MVP

Postby mike9472 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:00 pm

Pause a CPU vs CPU game just before the snap, when you resume the game Madden 08 gives you 1 play with a sideline camera angle. That's probably how Calhoupe found the address.

Brock
All-Pro

Postby Brock » Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:24 pm

Harry97 wrote:
TheRareButter wrote:...

Could I get your cheat engine table for the 06 cameras? Thanks.

Harry97
All-Pro

Postby Harry97 » Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:31 pm

Brock wrote:
Harry97 wrote:
TheRareButter wrote:...

My camera codes are not compatible with PCSX2 1.7. They were made on PCSX2 1.6 under the old code system. So if you're using PCSX2 1.7 they need to be converted. The codes would definitely benefit your CPU vs CPU simulations, by using the codes manually as a "camera operator" when teams break the huddle. I haven't released them yet because I'm trying to find a file in the .DAT that allows more control over the demo camera. With the codes as they are, I need to refine them a bit more to make them easier to work with as hotkeys. What happens is that the demo camera automatically changes its angle depending on what yard line the ball is on. The codes can change the angle to what you want once they break the huddle, but you can't queue the angle you want before they break the huddle, so I'm looking for a better solution so I can make it look more like a TV broadcast by searching for this camera data in the DATs. With only the cheat engine codes, there's a good amount customization you can do with demo camera, but not in a smooth or automatic way. Like you can zoom out more, but the problem is that when you zoom out, the camera automatically zooms itself back in, unless you freeze the camera or do this other thing. I'll PM you with some more info when I get a chance and I'll show you how they work.

Harry97
All-Pro

Postby Harry97 » Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:00 pm

mike9472 wrote:Pause a CPU vs CPU game just before the snap, when you resume the game Madden 08 gives you 1 play with a sideline camera angle. That's probably how Calhoupe found the address.

I see, so it's not the normal demo camera angle, it's a lower angle that you can activate by pausing it, then unpausing it right before the snap. And then the game would automatically revert to the normal demo camera after the play ends. Calhoupe may have found that address that it switched to when you pause unpause before the snap then locked that sideline camera value in.

That has me thinking. I wonder if I can find that same camera in NCAA 06. How close to the snap do you have to pause it in order for it to switch to this unique sideline camera when you resume?

By the way, that lower angle demo cam that calhoupe activated may be the normal demo camera in some of the PS2 Maddens. Because in some of the other earlier years of Madden on PS2 (like Madden 06 I think) the demo camera was different, it was more like that lower angle you are talking about, and from what I remember, it didn't switch its angle depending on what yard line you were on like the one in NCAA 06 or maybe the normal one in Madden 08 PC.

Brock
All-Pro

Postby Brock » Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:02 pm

Harry97 wrote:
Brock wrote:
Harry97 wrote:

My camera codes are not compatible with PCSX2 1.7. They were made on PCSX2 1.6 under the old code system. So if you're using PCSX2 1.7 they need to be converted. The codes would definitely benefit your CPU vs CPU simulations, by using the codes manually as a "camera operator" when teams break the huddle. I haven't released them yet because I'm trying to find a file in the .DAT that allows more control over the demo camera. With the codes as they are, I need to refine them a bit more to make them easier to work with as hotkeys. What happens is that the demo camera automatically changes its angle depending on what yard line the ball is on. The codes can change the angle to what you want once they break the huddle, but you can't queue the angle you want before they break the huddle, so I'm looking for a better solution so I can make it look more like a TV broadcast by searching for this camera data in the DATs. With only the cheat engine codes, there's a good amount customization you can do with demo camera, but not in a smooth or automatic way. Like you can zoom out more, but the problem is that when you zoom out, the camera automatically zooms itself back in, unless you freeze the camera or do this other thing. I'll PM you with some more info when I get a chance and I'll show you how they work.

Ok cool. I'm not techincal at all with cheat engine, even tho I've been curious to try, but I'd love to see what you come up with. I mentioned to JD about potentially fixing the camera and he previewed some things he was worked on. Maybe you and him could collab?

Harry97
All-Pro

Postby Harry97 » Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:24 pm

Brock wrote:Ok cool. I'm not techincal at all with cheat engine, even tho I've been curious to try, but I'd love to see what you come up with. I mentioned to JD about potentially fixing the camera and he previewed some things he was worked on. Maybe you and him could collab?

I've been meaning to collab with JD but I think we're both too busy working on our own stuff at the moment. Currently I'm knee deep in ANIMDATA.DAT and I know JD and minotauri are working on some other stuff related to the NCAA NEXT mod. I need to join the discord at some point and work with those guys but I just don't wanna get too involved until I figure some other stuff out on my own.

I am optimistic that there will come at time where there will be a massive collab between all of us, and we'll release a lot more of the harder to figure out stuff. That said, I'm interested in anyone working on trying to hack the demo camera. The real needle the haystack related to the demo camera would seem to be finding a file in the .DAT that allows us to better control the demo camera, as in setting the default parameters (angles, zoom, etc) so they wouldn't need to be manipulated with Cheat Engine codes. Anotherwords, to be able to set the default "zoom" and angles when they break the huddle, rather than having to use CE codes when they break the huddle.

If JD or anyone else has found a way to do that, then I'm interested. Short of that, I doubt anyone has been able to do more with the demo camera than I have through Cheat Engine codes. When I get a chance, I'll record some gameplay and show you a demonstration of how my codes work and send you what I have. I want to also see if I can enable that demo cam style sideline camera in NCAA 06 that Calhoupe found in Madden 08 PC.

TheRareButter
MVP

Postby TheRareButter » Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:54 pm

Found the angle, this time it works in the exact same way 2023's does, directional with the angle of the field. Could be tricky to find the address, Hold D while doing pocket presences drills as superstar and it'll zoom into position. Will Cheat Engine find the address of a paused game?
Attachments
EA SPORTS(tm) Madden NFL 08 2_10_2023 5_52_29 PM.png
EA SPORTS(tm) Madden NFL 08 2_10_2023 5_52_29 PM.png (3.47 MiB) Viewed 967 times

Return to “Modding”