New Animations! M06/M12 fusion!

Modifying Madden 08.
TheRareButter
MVP

Re: New animations

Postby TheRareButter » Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:54 pm

Harry97 wrote:
TheRareButter wrote:
Harry97 wrote:Just tested it. Had the same problem. File deleted. Maybe I sent you the wrong version of it.

The one you made before worked? Uploading to google drive is how I get past the file size limit plus the file won't corrupt over time, just upload then set permission to "anyone with the link".

I'm pretty sure that when I tested it before it worked and didn't crash like that on the first play from scrimmage. But then again it was a few weeks ago when I produced that file and I was only checking to see if there were any sideline changes. I'm not 100% sure but hang on to that file. Even though it crashes like that, it still should be useful to you as it will save you a lot of time. There is probably some file or files that you need to replace in there from the original Madden 08 PC ANIMDATA.DAT that will prevent the crash. That should be the entire Madden 06 PC ANIMDATA.DAT in the correct slots minus all the files that were in Madden 06 PC that weren't in Madden 08 PC's ANIMDATA.

Any idea what what 08 file it would need?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Harry97
All-Pro

Postby Harry97 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:57 pm

TheRareButter wrote:
Harry97 wrote:
TheRareButter wrote:The one you made before worked? Uploading to google drive is how I get past the file size limit plus the file won't corrupt over time, just upload then set permission to "anyone with the link".

I'm pretty sure that when I tested it before it worked and didn't crash like that on the first play from scrimmage. But then again it was a few weeks ago when I produced that file and I was only checking to see if there were any sideline changes. I'm not 100% sure but hang on to that file. Even though it crashes like that, it still should be useful to you as it will save you a lot of time. There is probably some file or files that you need to replace in there from the original Madden 08 PC ANIMDATA.DAT that will prevent the crash. That should be the entire Madden 06 PC ANIMDATA.DAT in the correct slots minus all the files that were in Madden 06 PC that weren't in Madden 08 PC's ANIMDATA.

If I had to guess it would be one (or some) of the files near the beginning of the .DAT.

TheRareButter
MVP

Postby TheRareButter » Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:10 pm

Harry97 wrote:
TheRareButter wrote:
Harry97 wrote:I'm pretty sure that when I tested it before it worked and didn't crash like that on the first play from scrimmage. But then again it was a few weeks ago when I produced that file and I was only checking to see if there were any sideline changes. I'm not 100% sure but hang on to that file. Even though it crashes like that, it still should be useful to you as it will save you a lot of time. There is probably some file or files that you need to replace in there from the original Madden 08 PC ANIMDATA.DAT that will prevent the crash. That should be the entire Madden 06 PC ANIMDATA.DAT in the correct slots minus all the files that were in Madden 06 PC that weren't in Madden 08 PC's ANIMDATA.

If I had to guess it would be one (or some) of the files near the beginning of the .DAT.

I swapped the major files at the top and it ran to passing plays, on the third Mahomes got hit extremely hard with an obvious 06 animation and it crashed. This is progress though. Here's the file:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10H2N6o ... sp=sharing

EDIT: This file doesn't have the forward running passing animation.

Harry97
All-Pro

Postby Harry97 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:13 pm

TheRareButter wrote:
Harry97 wrote:
TheRareButter wrote:

I swapped the major files at the top and it ran to passing plays, on the third Mahomes got hit extremely hard with an obvious 06 animation and it crashed. This is progress though. Here's the file:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10H2N6o ... sp=sharing

Awesome. Thanks for testing. Try to narrow down which file(s) cause the crash. I did the tedious work of going through the M06PC ANIMDATA and making it compatible with Madden 08 PC. If you can now take what I produced and try to diagnose which file(s) cause the crashes on certain plays that would be wonderful. And maybe it will turn out that certain M06PC ANIMDATA files that cause the crashes in M08PC could be replaced with the file from Madden 12 PS2. Maybe certain M12PS2 files work better in Madden 08 PC (and don't cause the sideline glitch) while certain other files work better from M06PC.

Harry97
All-Pro

Re: New animations, just plug and play.

Postby Harry97 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:24 pm

Also one other thing to keep in mind as you use that file. To produce that file, I started with the Madden 06 PC ANIMDATA as a basis for this file, and then used DFR 3 to delete the files in Madden 06 PC's ANIMDATA that weren't in Madden 08 PC's ANIMDATA and then made sure each file matched up in the correct slot.

So what this means is that even the files in that DAT that are the exact same file size as the Madden 08 PC's ANIMDATA still could be different. What I found in my detailed comparison of NCAA 06/08's ANIMDATA.DAT is that some of the files that are the exact same file size still had hex differences in them. So when you compare this file to original Madden 08 PC's ANIMDATA in DFR 5, even though a good amount of the files appear to be the exact same as the files in Madden 08 PC ANIMDATA.DAT since they have the same First 15 Bytes and the same listed file size, they still could be different.

TheRareButter
MVP

Postby TheRareButter » Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:29 pm

Harry97 wrote:Also one other thing to keep in mind as you use that file. To produce that file, I started with the Madden 06 PC ANIMDATA as a basis for this file, and then used DFR 3 to delete the files in Madden 06 PC's ANIMDATA that weren't in Madden 08 PC's ANIMDATA and then made sure each file matched up in the correct slot.

So what this means is that even the files in that DAT that are the exact same file size as the Madden 08 PC's ANIMDATA still could be different. What I found in my detailed comparison of NCAA 06/08's ANIMDATA.DAT is that some of the files that are the exact same file size still could have hex differences in them. So when you compare this file to original Madden 08 PC's ANIMDATA in DFR 5, even though some of the files appear to be the exact same as the files in Madden 08 PC ANIMDATA.DAT since they have the same First 15 Bytes and the same listed file size, they still could be different.

Well since the file doesn't have the running forward passing animation I think the passing animations are one of the top files. I went into practice mode and it didn't crash after 30ish plays and saw a bunch of 06 animations. The 06's stick out like a sore thumb, they're much slower/smoother.

Harry97
All-Pro

Postby Harry97 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:33 pm

TheRareButter wrote:Well since the file doesn't have the running forward passing animation I think the passing animations are one of the top files. I went into practice mode and it didn't crash after 30ish plays and saw a bunch of 06 animations. The 06's stick out like a sore thumb, they're much slower/smoother.

That's very interesting. And I was going to suggest going into practice mode to see if they crash. If they're only crashing in an actual game, but not in practice mode, then maybe it's audio-related or something. Maybe like the commentary is crashing when certain animations trigger because 08 doesn't have the commentary line associated with a certain 06 animation or something? Anotherwords maybe we need to update some other 08 .DAT with certain 06 files that those animations need to work in 08.

But that's very cool that you are able to see the slower/ smoother animations you wanted from 06 in 08's practice mode. That shows that we're close and we just have to figure out what's causing the crashes in an actual game. If you can replace enough files to avoid any crashes in-game (even without the animations you want) then we'll know what specific files produce certain animations. Which is incredibly useful to both of us because that will help me in my NCAA 06/08 ANIMDATA comparison as well.

Also I wonder if the file I sent you (before you made adjustments) would work without any crashes in practice mode. If it did then we can confirm that it's only crashing when in an actual game and not in practice mode. Which suggests that the M06 animations are fully compatible with M08 it's only just something related that's missing in a game vs practice mode that is causing the crash.

TheRareButter
MVP

Postby TheRareButter » Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:47 pm

Harry97 wrote:
TheRareButter wrote:Well since the file doesn't have the running forward passing animation I think the passing animations are one of the top files. I went into practice mode and it didn't crash after 30ish plays and saw a bunch of 06 animations. The 06's stick out like a sore thumb, they're much slower/smoother.

That's very interesting. And I was going to suggest going into practice mode to see if they crash. If they're only crashing in an actual game, but not in practice mode, then maybe it's audio-related or something. Maybe like the commentary is crashing when certain animations trigger because 08 doesn't have the commentary line associated with a certain 06 animation or something? Anotherwords maybe we need to update some other 08 .DAT with certain 06 files that those animations need to work in 08.

But that's very cool that you are able to see the slower/ smoother animations you wanted from 06 in 08's practice mode. That shows that we're close and we just have to figure out what's causing the crashes in an actual game. If you can replace enough files to avoid any crashes in-game (even without the animations you want) then we'll know what specific files produce certain animations. Which is incredibly useful to both of us because that will help me in my NCAA 06/08 ANIMDATA comparison as well.

Also I wonder if the file I sent you (before you made adjustments) would work without any crashes in practice mode. If it did then we can confirm that it's only crashing when in an actual game and not in practice mode. Which suggests that the M06 animations are fully compatible with M08 it's only just something related that's missing in a game vs practice mode that is causing the crash.

I think I just got unlucky the first time, played an entire quarter with no issue. Even though I only swapped less than 10 files I'm seeing predominantly Madden 08 animations, with a select few 06 animations. I saw the NCAA throwing motion though which was cool.

Harry97
All-Pro

Postby Harry97 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:51 pm

TheRareButter wrote:I think I just got unlucky the first time, played an entire quarter with no issue. Even though I only swapped less than 10 files I'm seeing predominantly Madden 08 animations, with a select few 06 animations. I saw the NCAA throwing motion though which was cool.

Great. So that would suggest that the file that determines the throwing motion isn't causing the crash.

Here's what I suggest you do now. Backup your current file that works in-game without any crashes. And then with DFR 5 re-import some of the files from the .DAT I sent you in to your current file. (the ones that you replaced to avoid the crash) Test each file one by one until you import one that makes it crash. (i.e. import one at a time, then test in-game and see if it crashes, repeat with the other files you've already replaced). Keep importing all the files that you swapped out to make it not crash back in one by one and see if you can find out which specific file or files actually cause it to crash.

Then we can play Madden 08 PC with the maximum amount of Madden 06 PC ANIMDATA files that we know don't crash, and then we can look into the ones that do cause the crash to see 1) if they are needed - if they produce important animations in practice mode 2) if anything can be done to make them work without crashing (i.e. hex editing).

TheRareButter
MVP

Postby TheRareButter » Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:32 pm

Harry97 wrote:
TheRareButter wrote:I think I just got unlucky the first time, played an entire quarter with no issue. Even though I only swapped less than 10 files I'm seeing predominantly Madden 08 animations, with a select few 06 animations. I saw the NCAA throwing motion though which was cool.

Great. So that would suggest that the file that determines the throwing motion isn't causing the crash.

Here's what I suggest you do now. Backup your current file that works in-game without any crashes. And then with DFR 5 re-import some of the files from the .DAT I sent you in to your current file. (the ones that you replaced to avoid the crash) Test each file one by one until you import one that makes it crash. (i.e. import one at a time, then test in-game and see if it crashes, repeat with the other files you've already replaced). Keep importing all the files that you swapped out to make it not crash back in one by one and see if you can find out which specific file or files actually cause it to crash.

Then we can play Madden 08 PC with the maximum amount of Madden 06 PC ANIMDATA files that we know don't crash, and then we can look into the ones that do cause the crash to see 1) if they are needed - if they produce important animations in practice mode 2) if anything can be done to make them work without crashing (i.e. hex editing).

Results of each file I swapped numbered according to location within the dat:

1. No issue
2. Crash at snap
3. Works, Mahomes became a lefty for a pass though. Wouldn't associate that with this specific file yet.
4. Works
5. Works
6. Works, this file is much larger than the rest. It includes the forward passing animation. Mahomes ambidextrous-ness included.

11. Worked before when use your ANIMDATA, crashes before loading the menu in conjunction with my edits.
12. Works
13. Works
14. Works
15. Crash at loading screen going into practice, worked before when use your ANIMDATA.
16. Crash at loading screen going into practice, worked before when use your ANIMDATA.

Here's the file with all the working pieces while including 06 files:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ydTmQl ... sp=sharing

Qb's are like Tua Tagovailoa or Mike Vick, able to pass with both left and right hands.

Return to “Modding”