New Animations! M06/M12 fusion!

Modifying Madden 08.
TheRareButter
MVP

Re: New animations, just plug and play.

Postby TheRareButter » Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:46 pm

Harry97 wrote:
TheRareButter wrote:This is the base M12 ANIMDATA, all the sideline players are stretched but it the game itself plays fine. I'm certain that the disappearing players has nothing to do with the ANIMDATA file.

OK then what did you mean when you said you made a mistake? A few posts ago, you seemed to indicate that you thought you were using the PS2 file when you really weren't because you renamed the file wrong, and when you named it right then you said it crashed when you used the Madden 12 PS2 ANIMDATA, unless I'm interpreting what you said wrong. Now you're saying the game itself plays fine with the PS2, so that's why I'm a little confused. You also said it crashed near the goal-line twice.

And when you say disappearing players, are you referring to the sideline players disappearing? I'm trying to understand what you are describing. You have the sidelines players being stretched when using certain ANIMDATA.DAT files, then you have the sideline players disappearing, and you've concluded that it's not because of ANIMDATA? It would seem that (from my perspective) that ANIMDATA is what's causing the sidelines to stretch or disappear. I know you think it might be because of the FF/FI mod but I'm not convinced it is. It may very well be because of the different ANIMDATAs or certains files within it, surely that's what's causing the sidelines players to stretch which indicates that the sidelines are affected by something inside ANIMDATA. And if I'm wrong about that, then please explain how you know.

The crashed 12 ANIMDATA was the edited 12 one that I swapped compressed files with, and the one I never correctly loaded and assumed it fix the sideline players because it loaded the base ANIMDATA file. The disappearing players happened even with the base FF/FI mod.

The stretched players the the main issue with the base M12 ANIMDATA, other than that bug it plays just as well as the M08 one.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Harry97
All-Pro

Postby Harry97 » Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:09 am

TheRareButter wrote:The crashed 12 ANIMDATA was the edited 12 one that I swapped compressed files with, and the one I never correctly loaded and assumed it fix the sideline players because it loaded the base ANIMDATA file. The disappearing players happened even with the base FF/FI mod.

The stretched players the the main issue with the base M12 ANIMDATA, other than that bug it plays just as well as the M08 one.

Are you sure that you aren't being confused about the sidelines not appearing because you are playing in practice mode and not in an actual game? Please make sure that you are testing the sidelines in an actual game and not in practice mode where they may not be appearing because you are in practice mode.

TheRareButter
MVP

Postby TheRareButter » Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:17 am

Harry97 wrote:
TheRareButter wrote:The crashed 12 ANIMDATA was the edited 12 one that I swapped compressed files with, and the one I never correctly loaded and assumed it fix the sideline players because it loaded the base ANIMDATA file. The disappearing players happened even with the base FF/FI mod.

Are you sure that you aren't being confused about the sidelines not appearing because you are playing in practice mode and not in an actual game? Please make sure that you are testing the sidelines in an actual game and not in practice mode where they may not be appearing because you are in practice mode.

No I only test animations in practice mode I test the sidelines in exhibitions. I'm 100% positive of my previous comment.

I swapped all 14 compressed files of the M12 file with the corresponding compressed files that had the same hex values (and number within the dats) from M08 and no change, sideliners are stretched. I bet that if I kept all 30 compressed files from M08 and swapped the simple hex value dat files it would work, but that's extremely tedious.

Harry97
All-Pro

Postby Harry97 » Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:19 am

TheRareButter wrote:No I only test animations in practice mode I test the sidelines in exhibitions. I'm 100% positive of my previous comment.

I swapped all 14 compressed files of the M12 file with the corresponding compressed files that had the same hex values (and number within the dats) from M08 and no change, sideliners are stretched. I bet that if I kept all 30 compressed files from M08 and swapped the simple hex value dat files it would work, but that's extremely tedious.

When you use the original Madden 08 PC ANIMDATA.DAT, in Madden 08 PC, can you get the sideline players to appear?

I ask this question because in some of your screenshots, the sideline players did appear in-game and weren't stretched. But now you seem to be saying that you can't get the sideline players to appear at all.

TheRareButter
MVP

Postby TheRareButter » Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:21 am

Harry97 wrote:
TheRareButter wrote:No I only test animations in practice mode I test the sidelines in exhibitions. I'm 100% positive of my previous comment.

When you use the original Madden 08 PC ANIMDATA.DAT, in Madden 08 PC, can you get the sideline players to appear?

I ask this question because in some of your screenshots, the sideline players did appear in-game and weren't stretched. But now you seem to be saying that you can't get the sideline players to appear at all.

It's odd, sometimes they load up fine then others only one sideline or no sidelines all with the FF/FI Mod. I wonder if it's just a loading texture lag or something because its the M08 ANIMDATA.

Harry97
All-Pro

Postby Harry97 » Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:25 am

TheRareButter wrote:It's odd, sometimes they load up fine then others only one sideline or no sidelines all with the FF/FI Mod. I wonder if it's just a loading texture lag or something because its the M08 ANIMDATA.

That's curious. Try to figure out what's causing that on your end, and ensure that you can get the sidelines to consistently load with the original Madden 08 PC ANIMDATA.DAT in there. Because otherwise it's impossible for you to test what's happening with the sidelines as it relates to ANIMDATA.DAT,

But remember just the fact that some files from Madden 12 PS2's ANIMDATA.DAT seem to be causing the sidelines in Madden 08 PC to stretch and glitch out (as mike attested to too) suggests that ANIMDATA.DAT is affecting the sidelines in some way, which is very important to determine for a multitude of reasons.

TheRareButter
MVP

Postby TheRareButter » Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:22 am

Harry97 wrote:
TheRareButter wrote:It's odd, sometimes they load up fine then others only one sideline or no sidelines all with the FF/FI Mod. I wonder if it's just a loading texture lag or something because its the M08 ANIMDATA.

That's curious. Try to figure out what's causing that on your end, and ensure that you can get the sidelines to consistently load with the original Madden 08 PC ANIMDATA.DAT in there. Because otherwise it's impossible for you to test what's happening with the sidelines as it relates to ANIMDATA.DAT,

But remember just the fact that some files from Madden 12 PS2's ANIMDATA.DAT seem to be causing the sidelines in Madden 08 PC to stretch and glitch out (as mike attested to too) suggests that ANIMDATA.DAT is affecting the sidelines in some way, which is very important to determine for a multitude of reasons.

My guess is that the major files are what causes the sideline bug. M08 and M12 share the the same compressed file slots after the first 14 compressed 08 files and they are all the same size except one (which is only one number higher) and they share the same hex info, so that makes me think they have a similar responsibility within the DATs.

The one method I think has the best chance of making this work is the most tedious. Keep every M08 compressed file within the M08 ANIMDATA and swap every simple hex file from the M12 ANIMDATA, which I believe are the animations themselves. I don't think it's animations that causes the bug.

That's a last resort because it would take hours and there's no guarantee it would work. Tomorrow I'll swap every file I deem major from 08 into the M12 ANIMDATA. Idk if the slot having a compressed file to begin with matters or not.

ycleped
Hall of Fame

Postby ycleped » Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:51 am

TheRareButter wrote:
Harry97 wrote:

My guess is that the major files are what causes the sideline bug. M08 and M12 share the the same compressed file slots after the first 14 compressed 08 files and they are all the same size except one (which is only one number higher) and they share the same hex info, so that makes me think they have a similar responsibility within the DATs.

The one method I think has the best chance of making this work is the most tedious. Keep every M08 compressed file within the M08 ANIMDATA and swap every simple hex file from the M12 ANIMDATA, which I believe are the animations themselves. I don't think it's animations that causes the bug.

That's a last resort because it would take hours and there's no guarantee it would work. Tomorrow I'll swap every file I deem major from 08 into the M12 ANIMDATA. Idk if the slot having a compressed file to begin with matters or not.

So what you're saying is this will most likely fix the crashing issues I was experiencing?
// Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me //

ImageImage
ImageImage

TheRareButter
MVP

Postby TheRareButter » Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:47 pm

ycleped wrote:
TheRareButter wrote:
Harry97 wrote:That's curious. Try to figure out what's causing that on your end, and ensure that you can get the sidelines to consistently load with the original Madden 08 PC ANIMDATA.DAT in there. Because otherwise it's impossible for you to test what's happening with the sidelines as it relates to ANIMDATA.DAT,

So what you're saying is this will most likely fix the crashing issues I was experiencing?

Maybe. We aren't that far along to say for sure, these might as well be random guesses. Trash that file and download the "broken" one on the OP and work with that one instead.

TheRareButter
MVP

Postby TheRareButter » Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:03 pm

I think the only way to make this work will be to extract every simple hex file from M12's file and swap it with a file with the same hex info in M08's file, 600+ times. That's the only way that has worked so far, I tried that with the NCAA animations and it didn't crash but it messed up the player models because Madden and NCAA don't use the same ones.

I don't know if it will be worth it though, there's no guarantee that it would show the new animations and tedious would be an extreme understatement.

Return to “Modding”