NCAA 08 PS2 ANIMDATA.DAT

Modifying Madden 08.
Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

NCAA 08 PS2 ANIMDATA.DAT

Postby Austinmario13 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:02 am

if we ever want a chance at getting triple option speed option or stuff like that, it could be in these very files:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/i1tq9wqz ... TA.7z/file

NCAA 08 PS2 ANIMDATA.DAT

Sponsor

Sponsor

TheRareButter
MVP

Re: NCAA 08 PS2 ANIMDATA.DAT

Postby TheRareButter » Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:01 pm

What's this about? Is this the AI from the NCAA games? The QB AI from them are much more accurate to modern day NFL than the Madden ones. Hopefully something comes of this.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:05 pm

TheRareButter wrote:What's this about? Is this the AI from the NCAA games? The QB AI from them are much more accurate to modern day NFL than the Madden ones. Hopefully something comes of this.

Download the file, drop it into your madden folder, crank up a game and see what happens. Report your findings.

TheRareButter
MVP

Postby TheRareButter » Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:18 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:
TheRareButter wrote:What's this about? Is this the AI from the NCAA games? The QB AI from them are much more accurate to modern day NFL than the Madden ones. Hopefully something comes of this.

Download the file, drop it into your madden folder, crank up a game and see what happens. Report your findings.

Crashed immediately, the file has all the guts of the dat included with it too. Probably would need to test each one of them.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:30 pm

TheRareButter wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:
TheRareButter wrote:What's this about? Is this the AI from the PREPPING ROOKIES PORTRAIT PACKs? The QB AI from them are much more accurate to modern day NFL than the Madden ones. Hopefully something comes of this.

Crashed immediately, the file has all the guts of the dat included with it too. Probably would need to test each one of them.

Yeah, I don't think NCAA PS2 games files are compatible with any of the Madden games Pc or PS2. They may have similar naming formats, but that's about it. Actually the only file I was able to rip from was the sounddat to get NCAA fight songs into my Heisman mod sounddat. During that quest, I was looking into getting the playbooks from the NCAA games into Madden PC. But the file structure inside the NCAA gamedat file are totally different than Madden PC.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:19 pm

If you want the NFL teams to use the NCAA AI, has anyone else thought to just create the NFL teams in one of the NCAA games?

TheRareButter
MVP

Postby TheRareButter » Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:46 am

MikeWest502 wrote:If you want the NFL teams to use the NCAA AI, has anyone else thought to just create the NFL teams in one of the NCAA games?

I think it'd be a great addition to the FF/FI mod. Specifically the QB movement behind the LOS, the NCAA games surprised me with that. They have an actual bootleg AI that would be great for dedicated rollout plays. QB's even throw on the run routinely like modern Madden titles, Madden 08 has a good way for QBs to scramble but it's not as fancy I guess. They stand in the pocket like statues then take off.

Having triple option, and veer/RPO's would also be a great addition to the FF/FI mod assuming they have that in NCAA games.

The FF/FI mod has spoiled me too much with it's visuals to emulate NCAA 05 on dolphin, but I'll probably try a coach mode dynasty on PCSX2 for NCAA 06 if my laptop can run it.

Do you think that the NCAA files would work with NFL Head Coach considering they both use global playbooks?

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:25 pm

TheRareButter wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:If you want the NFL teams to use the NCAA AI, has anyone else thought to just create the NFL teams in one of the NCAA games?

I think it'd be a great addition to the FF/FI mod. Specifically the QB movement behind the LOS, the NCAA games surprised me with that. They have an actual bootleg AI that would be great for dedicated rollout plays. QB's even throw on the run routinely like modern Madden titles, Madden 08 has a good way for QBs to scramble but it's not as fancy I guess. They stand in the pocket like statues then take off.

Having triple option, and veer/RPO's would also be a great addition to the FF/FI mod assuming they have that in NCAA games.

The FF/FI mod has spoiled me too much with it's visuals to emulate NCAA 05 on dolphin, but I'll probably try a coach mode dynasty on PCSX2 for NCAA 06 if my laptop can run it.

Do you think that the NCAA files would work with NFL Head Coach considering they both use global playbooks?

Madden 08 does have QB boot runs. It has QB rollout plays and some QB's do throw on the run often. My first experience with EA Sports running option plays was NCAA 98-99, Charles Woodson on the cover. So I thought that EA must have buried the option logic somewhere within Madden. It wasn't until Calhoupe Scripts laterals that revealed the logic was there.

But Madden 08 play creator does not have any option logic built in where you can design a option type play where you can give on the dive, pitch, keep and run or RPO pass.

Also there were playbooks made with the Heisman 11 mod that included the Spread Offenses that really worked well. But just no true Option logic.

I have a PS/2 in the closet. I've been using the PS/2 emulator for several years now. You can set the emulator to run any game in 4k graphics if you have a the hardware to run it, looks great.

I doubt that the game files from any of the NCAA games are compatible with NFL HC. The NCAA stadiums are so much better. They have cheerleaders on the sidelines. There's a student section in the stands. Also there are sections in the stands for the opponents band and fans. Madden stadiums can't compete.

Like i stated, the only way we're going to get that true option experience for NFL teams is to create them in one of the NCAA titles. Or you can purchase Madden 20, 21, or 22. They have college football mods that are up-to-date and the option logic RPO is there. The mods are amazing. PS3 emulator also has up-to-date teams and roster for NCAA 14.

TheRareButter
MVP

Postby TheRareButter » Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:55 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:
TheRareButter wrote:

Madden 08 does have QB boot runs. It has QB rollout plays and some QB's do throw on the run often. My first experience with EA Sports running option plays was NCAA 98-99, Charles Woodson on the cover. So I thought that EA must have buried the option logic somewhere within Madden. It wasn't until Calhoupe Scripts laterals that revealed the logic was there.

What Madden has simply isn't as good as it could be specifically with QB AI, Its a few notches above NFL Head Coach I'll give it that but the NCAA QBs roll to the far right and left to buy time and things of that nature. Maybe it'd be easier to alter the Madden Ai than to implement the NCAA AI though.

Tried to emulate 06 on the PCSX2, only could get it to work with terrible, terrible, graphics. Yet, Dolphin emulates the 2005 version in higher resolution than it's base even on my low end PC.

How well does NCAA 2005 coach mode compare to NFL Head Coach in your opinion?

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:09 pm

TheRareButter wrote:
What Madden has simply isn't good enough imo (Not as good as it could be at least) specifically with QB AI, Its a few notches above NFL Head Coach I'll give it that but the NCAA QBs roll to the far right and left to buy time and things of that nature. Maybe it'd be easier to alter the Madden Ai than to implement the NCAA AI though.

Tried to emulate 06 on the PCSX2, only could get it to work with terrible, terrible, graphics. Yet, Dolphin emulates the 2005 version in higher resolution than it's base even on my low end PC.

How well does NCAA 2005 coach mode compare to NFL Head Coach in your opinion?

I do agree that the QB animations from the NCAA games are better than Madden's.

I've never played NCAA 05 coach mode. I play NCAA 06-11 but never in coach mode. To me that's no fun. I've never used the Dolphin Wii emulator either. I actually soft modded my WII and it's plugged in ready to go. Just recently I added the Sega emulator to my Wii so that I could play all of the Madden games of the 90's. The animations are hilarious.

Return to “Modding”