2021-2022 NFL SCHEDULE, SALARY CAP AND MIN SALARY

Modifying Madden 08.
lorak
Pro Bowl

Re: 2021-2022 NFL SCHEDULE, SALARY CAP AND MIN SALARY

Postby lorak » Thu May 20, 2021 7:51 pm

rogerjinx wrote:Can you send me the DB_Templates for Madden 13 PS Vita? Maybe we can apply it somehow for Madden 08.

What I do is to edit some tables, including SCHD, from a franchise game save to update the schedule, roster plus a few others. To edit textures in that game, I also do it the same way, editing stock helmet, uniform, fields, and more files without working with any DB_Template as far as I know.

However, I share with all of you an edited franchise game save. Maybe it helps. Get it here.

You can open it in (Xtreme) DB editor. It is very important to remove the header of the file -from the beginning until just before DB- in an hex-editor. As you can notice, these kind of game saves almost are DB files, with the exception of the header.

In this way, you can easily check that the capacity of SCHD table is 333 records for this file.

Sponsor

Sponsor

thegoldendragonx
All-Pro

Postby thegoldendragonx » Thu May 20, 2021 8:20 pm

Is it possible to remove the bye week for every team and replace it with a 17th game?
TheGoldenDragonX's 2021 Draft Class --> https://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=22220

TheGoldenDragonX's 2023 Draft Class --> https://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=23634

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Thu May 20, 2021 8:33 pm

lorak wrote:
rogerjinx wrote:Can you send me the DB_Templates for Madden 13 PS Vita? Maybe we can apply it somehow for Madden 08.

What I do is to edit some tables, including SCHD, from a franchise game save to update the schedule, roster plus a few others. To edit textures in that game, I also do it the same way, editing stock helmet, uniform, fields, and more files without working with any DB_Template as far as I know.

However, I share with all of you an edited franchise game save. Maybe it helps. Get it here.

You can open it in (Xtreme) DB editor. It is very important to remove the header of the file -from the beginning until just before DB- in an hex-editor. As you can notice, these kind of game saves almost are DB files, with the exception of the header.

In this way, you can easily check that the capacity of SCHD table is 333 records for this file.

What I want to see is the DB_Templates if Vita has since the SCHD in the franchise table is somehow hardcoded. I am thinking if the template is altered in the DB_Templates then when you create a franchise, it will carry the same capacity.

lorak
Pro Bowl

Postby lorak » Thu May 20, 2021 9:37 pm

rogerjinx wrote:What I want to see is the DB_Templates if Vita has since the SCHD in the franchise table is somehow hardcoded. I am thinking if the template is altered in the DB_Templates then when you create a franchise, it will carry the same capacity.

I understand.
I am also pretty sure that there is a DB_Templates in Madden 13 PS Vita similar to the Madden 08 PC version. Even playbook files form both versions are somewhat similar. I have tried to extract it through the tools available here at footballidiot with no success.

An alternative way, is to try to extract it manually by means of an hex-editor from qkl_boot.ast, the file that contains these data. Even in this situation, I do not even know precisely how many DB files it should contain. This is not necessarily the same as in Madden 08 PC.

As an example, in the PS Vita version, a roster file only contains DCHT, INJY, PLAY and TEAM tables. On the other hand, a Madden 08 PC roster contain 6 more tables.

Editing the proper template in DB_Templates seems reasonable to me. Perhaps it would work and when you create a franchise, the SCHD table will carry the updated capacity.

thegoldendragonx
All-Pro

Postby thegoldendragonx » Fri May 21, 2021 11:30 pm

Rojer, was just asking if it's possible to remove bye weeks for teams and replace them with the 17th game.
TheGoldenDragonX's 2021 Draft Class --> https://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=22220

TheGoldenDragonX's 2023 Draft Class --> https://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=23634

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Fri May 21, 2021 11:54 pm

thegoldendragonx wrote:Rojer, was just asking if it's possible to remove bye weeks for teams and replace them with the 17th game.

It cant be done either since we are going to insert another 16 games for the 17th game in the regular season.

Yes there are 17 weeks but the problem is the SCHD for the regular season can only contain 256 regular season games, 11 playoff games and 1 probowl.

If we can somehow increase the capacity of the table by 16 slots then we can have those 17th games in the regular season during the bye weeks.

Another problem after that is if we can possibly add week 18 if we were able to increase the capacity to have bye weeks to simulate the actual season.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sat May 22, 2021 12:56 am

rogerjinx wrote:It cant be done either since we are going to insert another 16 games for the 17th game in the regular season.

Yes there are 17 weeks but the problem is the SCHD for the regular season can only contain 256 regular season games, 11 playoff games and 1 probowl.

If we can somehow increase the capacity of the table by 16 slots then we can have those 17th games in the regular season during the bye weeks

I don't see that being possible, in that case. The game tends to use either 8 or 9 bit values to determine file capacity, so if you haven't found a way to get over 256 by just adding records, you probably won't. The next limit up would be 512 like with the UNIF table, and it seems that clearly is out of reach here.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Sat May 22, 2021 2:46 am

RevanFan wrote:
rogerjinx wrote:It cant be done either since we are going to insert another 16 games for the 17th game in the regular season.

If we can somehow increase the capacity of the table by 16 slots then we can have those 17th games in the regular season during the bye weeks

I don't see that being possible, in that case. The game tends to use either 8 or 9 bit values to determine file capacity, so if you haven't found a way to get over 256 by just adding records, you probably won't. The next limit up would be 512 like with the UNIF table, and it seems that clearly is out of reach here.

Too sad we are being limited by these restrictions. I guess the only way to do this is thru scripts if possible.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun May 23, 2021 3:21 am

rogerjinx wrote:
RevanFan wrote:

Too sad we are being limited by these restrictions. I guess the only way to do this is thru scripts if possible.

I don't see how scripts could fix that, though I would love to be pleasantly surprised. I suppose we shall see.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

lorak
Pro Bowl

Postby lorak » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:33 am

lorak wrote:At least for Madden 13 PS Vita, the capacity of the SCHD table is 333 records for regular season, post-season and probowl. Not sure if it actually works though. Of course, until season 2019, 268 records were enough.
According to your comments, for Madden 08 PC the capacity of that table is different.

For your information, I confirm that in Madden 13 PS Vita there is no issue with an 18 weeks schedule, 17 games and one bye week for each team. This is not a big surprise as there is plenty of room to add games in the SCHD table.

Return to “Modding”