custom logo/fieldart question

Modifying Madden 08.
jray999
Rookie

Postby jray999 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:01 pm

I in year 3 of a franchise and need to know the easiest way to swap out team logos and uniforms?
i relocated 3 teams but for some reason none of them actually relocated.
I know how to change cities, stadiums, etc in dbeditor but this will only give me 3 teams in new cities, with new names, but the artwork, logos and unis of the original teams.
any suggestions????
thanks

Sponsor

Sponsor

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Re: custom logo/fieldart question

Postby elguapo » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:53 am

TLGL = TEAM LOGO (sliver also)
TMFL = TEAM MIDFIELD
TEZ1, TEZ2 = ENDZONE 1, ENDZONE 2
TCDO = COACH LOGO PATCH
? = COACH SHIRT/JACKET COLOR
? = STADIUM FANS TEAM COLOR
? = 3D STADIUM FANS
? = GOAL POST

? = Can't think of the field name right now.

jray999
Rookie

Postby jray999 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:14 pm

that does help but let me be more specific.
when I relocated the 3 teams I did everything in-game, stadiums, uniforms, logos etc.
I did get the logos off this site, not using the vanilla ones that came with the game.
now when I open the TEAM table in dbeditor it has all 3 teams having new names and has the customart art I picked in the CART field as "team0071" 72, and 73.
but when I open the game to look at depth charts or edit players all 3 teams still show the original teams teamlogo, uniforms, and stadiums.
I can change the stadiums easy enough but I don't know how to get the artwork I picked to show up in game.

example: I relocated the BILLS to London and gave them MONARCHS name, new stadium, and monarchs artwork.
when I open the game I have the Monarchs team name, but the bills team logo, uniforms, and stadium still.
I don't know how to get the artwork I chose for this team to show up in the game.
I think there is a way to do this with either MUER or the DATFILEREPLACER but I'm not familiar with how either works.

and thanks for the help and the quick reply

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:09 am

jray999 wrote:that does help but let me be more specific.
when I relocated the 3 teams I did everything in-game, stadiums, uniforms, logos etc.
I did get the logos off this site, not using the vanilla ones that came with the game.
now when I open the TEAM table in dbeditor it has all 3 teams having new names and has the customart art I picked in the CART field as "team0071" 72, and 73.
but when I open the game to look at depth charts or edit players all 3 teams still show the original teams teamlogo, uniforms, and stadiums.
I can change the stadiums easy enough but I don't know how to get the artwork I picked to show up in game.

example: I relocated the BILLS to London and gave them MONARCHS name, new stadium, and monarchs artwork.
when I open the game I have the Monarchs team name, but the bills team logo, uniforms, and stadium still.
I don't know how to get the artwork I chose for this team to show up in the game.
I think there is a way to do this with either MUER or the DATFILEREPLACER but I'm not familiar with how either works.

and thanks for the help and the quick reply

Madden divides teams by assigning them by types. NFL are a type 0 (Current), Europe is type 7, Created teams are type 5. All types can use the CART (customart.dat) setting to display the Endzone and Midfields. Created teams are the only ones that can also access the Helmet, silver and logo from the CART setting.

The Monarchs teams is not part of Madden and it needs to be modded in. If a mod already is modded with the Monarchs then copy it's settings to the Bills team.

jray999
Rookie

Postby jray999 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:33 pm

Thanks for the help, now its all starting to make sense.
gonna give it a try this weekend

Return to “Modding”