Any way to change QB Slide binding for Calhoupe's scripts?

Modifying Madden 08.
FreetheFreeman
Rookie

Postby FreetheFreeman » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:06 pm

I love Calhoupe's scripts, they finally fixed the crash issue on penalties that I had been dealing with for so long. However, the way QB Slide works with the Extended Moves script is almost a freaking dealbreaker. To slide, you have to press ALT + LMB↑ as per the readme file. What is just LMB↑ then, you might ask? It's the Lateral button. So instead of breaking off a nice QB run and sliding to avoid a hit or a fumble (because carry rating does nothing for QBs), you might end up throwing the removed ball behind you to a teammate you can't even see. This is the one design decision that makes zero sense to me. It's not like I'm spinning instead of juking, or back juking instead of stiff-arming. With this nonsensical bind, I'm actively risking a fumble instead of trying to avoid one. Again, I love the rest of scripts, but this is truly infuriating. Is there any way to change the keybinds so that LMB↑ is slide again and ALT + LMB↑ is lateral?

Sponsor

Sponsor

ElementalKazzoo
All-Pro

Re: Any way to change QB Slide binding for Calhoupe's scripts?

Postby ElementalKazzoo » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:52 pm

FreetheFreeman wrote:I love Calhoupe's scripts, they finally fixed the crash issue on penalties that I had been dealing with for so long. However, the way QB Slide works with the Extended Moves script is almost a freaking dealbreaker. To slide, you have to press ALT + LMB↑ as per the readme file. What is just LMB↑ then, you might ask? It's the Lateral button. So instead of breaking off a nice QB run and sliding to avoid a hit or a fumble (because carry rating does nothing for QBs), you might end up throwing the removed ball behind you to a teammate you can't even see. This is the one design decision that makes zero sense to me. It's not like I'm spinning instead of juking, or back juking instead of stiff-arming. With this nonsensical bind, I'm actively risking a fumble instead of trying to avoid one. Again, I love the rest of scripts, but this is truly infuriating. Is there any way to change the keybinds so that LMB↑ is slide again and ALT + LMB↑ is lateral?

Have this exact same problem. Using a 360 controller

Return to “Modding”