Snow field mod?

Modifying Madden 08.
RevanFan
Legend

Re: Snow field mod?

Postby RevanFan » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:24 pm

KeepinItTeal wrote:
RevanFan wrote:You know, if you ever decided to do TPFs of snowy, wet, or muddy fields, I'd glady include them as a recommended link with the FF Mod.

It would be something like this:

Code: Select all

Snow - Light, Medium, Full (field barely visible)
Mud - Light, Medium, Full (like a tank rolled through)

I made a snow field for grass and a snow field for turf and also made a "wet" grass field (I didn't do a mud field because, frankly, with today's fields and the sub-air system a lot of them have, you don't really see mud anymore). I'd be happy to upload those for people to use and/or convert to DAT.

I don't know... if it starts raining hard enough, the field could get messy.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Sponsor

Sponsor

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:54 pm

Seahawks95 wrote:Is there a texture mod to make it look like there is snow on the ground?

Idk what the texture is but I found that the only field that I get real snow (to where you can barely see the numbers on the ground) was when I was in franchise mode as the Titans and went either in week 16 or divisional round to play against buffalo.....it was a white out....lol...I'll see if I can find a screenshot of it....its pretty rare to get snow on the ground in madden except buffalo lol they always have at least 1 game with snow within madden....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:57 pm

In the Xmod I updated Madden with a version of pick6's NFL has marks with weather fields. The reason for weather fields not appearing in the ffmod is because teams are using custom fields which unfortunately does not allow weather fields.

One way is to do it like the Xmod, the newer NFL fields without custom fields except for those teams already having custom fields.

The other way is by doing it with uMod/Texmod. I'm currently working on TPF files for the X mod Base Files. The next big mod will be a combination of DAT and TPF files.

I'll upload samples by this evening.

EDIT:. Actually the first big mod consisting of DAT and TPF files was the Heisman.

EDIT: you can find my TPF Custom Fields Kit in the X mod - Base Files thread.

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:44 pm

RevanFan wrote:Do you think we could actually get the weathered fields back?

If someone want to do them, just place the files there.
The only issue is, the endzones and midfield appear over the snow/mud. Which is why I removed them. I did a Browns field somewhere which had snow only on the sidelines..
So the Giants traded Beckham....

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:08 pm

mee wrote:
RevanFan wrote:Do you think we could actually get the weathered fields back?

If someone want to do them, just place the files there.
The only issue is, the endzones and midfield appear over the snow/mud. Which is why I removed them. I did a Browns field somewhere which had snow only on the sidelines..

I wouldn't mind snow only on the sidelines. It's not ideal, but it's a half-decent workaround.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:19 pm

RevanFan wrote:I wouldn't mind snow only on the sidelines. It's not ideal, but it's a half-decent workaround.

Here is the Browns one...
So the Giants traded Beckham....

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:45 am

KeepinItTeal wrote:I have one for grass and one for turf fields that I put together a while back. I could turn them into a stand alone TPF if anyone is interested? Screenshot below.

Can you make just the snow layer available? I would like to apply it for ncaa fields and if you have a muddy one too it would help a lot.

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:31 am

yea...this would be great for those late November, December and January in .DAT form
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby KeepinItTeal » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:04 am

elguapo wrote:
KeepinItTeal wrote:I have one for grass and one for turf fields that I put together a while back. I could turn them into a stand alone TPF if anyone is interested? Screenshot below.

Can you make just the snow layer available? I would like to apply it for ncaa fields and if you have a muddy one too it would help a lot.

Sorry, when I turned this field into a .png file I only saved the version that flattened all the layers.

madden07eurocat
Hall of Fame

Postby madden07eurocat » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:23 pm

KeepinItTeal wrote:
elguapo wrote:

Sorry, when I turned this field into a .png file I only saved the version that flattened all the layers.

So if one would go back in and log the texture with TexMod and made that a png file like normal, we could use your png file to save over the top of that texture, correct? Provided the texture is not the field itself and is another texture, correct? Then you would just create the tpf with the modified texture I would think. So your png file would be very useful. :)
Don't sweat the petty things, and yet don't pet the sweaty things! ;)

Return to “Modding”