Extracting player full names from old Maddens?

Modifying Madden 08.
datmanmadden59x
Veteran

Postby datmanmadden59x » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:58 pm

Hi guys,
Is there a way to extract old player PCMT commentary from old Maddens like Madden 04 and replacing them with certain players in Madden 08? Is it the sounddat.dat file?

Thanks,
DatmanMadden

Sponsor

Sponsor

Hyno Designs
Rookie

Re: Extracting player full names from old Maddens?

Postby Hyno Designs » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:23 pm

I am just a rookie coming over from the Tiger Woods game. In TW05 you have six custom players for the game, Jack Nicklaus, Arnold Palmer, Gary Player, Ben Hogan, Seve Ballesteros and Old Tom Morris. In TW08 was able to port over Nicklaus, Palmer and Hogan the game picked them up. Which means EA sports leaves scripts and data files in the game from older games. However they also remove scripts or data files as well.

In madden 08, ported over Mike Minter from the 07 game, he is retired in 08, granted the face template was gone, put the voice scripts of the 1st and last name were still in the game.

Posted this info on this topic here:
Al Michaels and John Madden in game commentary and more
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=20359

Some of the players and names we have found, right now testing out porting over Wayne Chrebet, from one of the older Rosters we have found.

Weird names from retired players such as Pete Stoyanovich and Elvis Grbac the last names are ported over. As far as QB scripts of someone like a Kordell Stewart, don't know. Pretty sure the game would pick of the name of Stewart but the Kordell scripts from the past I do not know.

Do know this, ported in to my league Odell Beckham jr, which the game called #13, until I removed the Jr. Now they call him Beckham. Going to do the same with Ken Norton Jr, and see if that works with him.

My next test is JJ Watt, the game calls him #99 and in one of my random testings found the game picks up the name Watts, so we are going to change his last name to Watts.

Really wanted the game to say players like Elway and Aikman but it does not, Gastineau and Klecko were too also on my wish list. Dan Fouts the game does not pick up either. Johnny Unitas the game calls him Unitas. The modern day Seahawks, they pick up Wilson, lockett and even Marshawn Lynch they call lynch. Someone like Brian Bosworth who is also on my all seahawks team, the game calls him #55. They do not call Kam Chancellor by his name either.

Have no heard the game say Marshall Faulk or Jerry Rice as of yet either, they call them Faulk and Rice.

This is weird sometimes PA announcer knows the last names and Al Michaels does not.

datmanmadden59x
Veteran

Re: Extracting player full names from old Maddens?

Postby datmanmadden59x » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:35 pm

Great post Hypno! When it comes to Madden football, only players who have a PCMT will have their first and last names said by Al Michaels and John Madden. EA has replaced certain retired players PCMT with new players PCMT over the years. I wonder if anyone knows where the PCMT files are in Madden when it comes to changing them or even listening to them with Sound Converter.

When it comes to players with the name Jr or Sr, I wonder if there was a way for Al Michaels to ignore Jr and say a name like Beckham or a name like Smith.

Return to “Modding”