How do I make a TPF from an image I made?

Modifying Madden 08.
Kevin5455
Hall of Fame

Postby Kevin5455 » Tue May 23, 2017 2:43 pm

I created a goalpost for my custom team, but I don't know how to make a .tpf with it. I have Texmod, I don't know if I need the address/.log file or anything. If I need the address, how do I get it?

Sponsor

Sponsor

madden07eurocat
Hall of Fame

Re: How do I make a TPF from an image I made?

Postby madden07eurocat » Tue May 23, 2017 11:00 pm

Kevin5455 wrote:I created a goalpost for my custom team, but I don't know how to make a .tpf with it. I have Texmod, I don't know if I need the address/.log file or anything. If I need the address, how do I get it?

Here is a short tutorial on logging with Texmod here http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1031. Then follow that up with pick6's toolbag explanation here http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=85&t=16021.
You can find lots of videos on you tube as well. The you tube videos are not Madden08 specific but you should be able to get the gist of it.

Edit: Out of curiosity, what format is your goalpost in? I have found that .png is much easier to use with paint.net. Log with .dds and convert to .png format using paint.net.
Don't sweat the petty things, and yet don't pet the sweaty things! ;)

Kevin5455
Hall of Fame

Postby Kevin5455 » Wed May 24, 2017 6:27 am

madden07eurocat wrote:
Kevin5455 wrote:I created a goalpost for my custom team, but I don't know how to make a .tpf with it. I have Texmod, I don't know if I need the address/.log file or anything. If I need the address, how do I get it?

Here is a short tutorial on logging with Texmod here http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1031. Then follow that up with pick6's toolbag explanation here http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=85&t=16021.
You can find lots of videos on you tube as well. The you tube videos are not Madden08 specific but you should be able to get the gist of it.

Edit: Out of curiosity, what format is your goalpost in? I have found that .png is much easier to use with paint.net. Log with .dds and convert to .png format using paint.net.

It's a .png, pick6 thought this was easier to use

madden07eurocat
Hall of Fame

Postby madden07eurocat » Wed May 24, 2017 12:13 pm

Yes, .png is much easier to use. The .dds format is just for logging due to the transparency following a .dds file. If you log in .png it won't log with a transparent background and you would have to go in and delete it on everything.
Once you have the goalpost address converted from .dds to .png all you have to do is 'save as' the .png address as the new goalpost image and continue with the package build that way. Make sure that you change the extention from .dds to .png in the Texmod.log file before you build your .tpf or it won't build the .tpf..

Kevin5455
Hall of Fame

Postby Kevin5455 » Wed May 24, 2017 1:53 pm

madden07eurocat wrote:Yes, .png is much easier to use. The .dds format is just for logging due to the transparency following a .dds file. If you log in .png it won't log with a transparent background and you would have to go in and delete it on everything.
Once you have the goalpost address converted from .dds to .png all you have to do is 'save as' the .png address as the new goalpost image and continue with the package build that way. Make sure that you change the extention from .dds to .png in the Texmod.log file before you build your .tpf or it won't build the .tpf..

So...if I want to save it as .DDS, should I use photoshop? And how would I get the address?

madden07eurocat
Hall of Fame

Postby madden07eurocat » Wed May 24, 2017 9:37 pm

Paint.net is fine. When logging in Texmod just change the format the the address is saved in from .jpg to .dds in the drop down menu. Then take the saved .dds file and open it in paint.net. Then you can complete the save as that is described above.
Just in case you haven't read the tutorials above I encourage you to. I reference pickt6's toolbag often. There is usually something that I have forgotten. Especially the parts on the use of Texmod. If you have questions further I can see about helping out. Everything that I learned about how to complete this process I learned in these two tutorials and searching YT for videos on the use of Texmod and Paint.net. This community was a great help but do some research first and it will be a great help.

Return to “Modding”