Uniform Sleeve Question

Modifying Madden 08.
Kevin5455
Hall of Fame

Uniform Sleeve Question

Postby Kevin5455 » Tue May 09, 2017 8:44 pm

Remember that tutorial from jedi4hire?

4. Making changes to the position of the numbers
  • Open Dat File Replacer and open the DB_TEMPLATES.dat in My Documents\Madden NFL 08 (this time don't use Zero-Based Arrays)
  • Select the 12th file then click 'EXTRACT Copies of SELECTED Files From DAT' and save it wherever you like
  • No need to close DFR, you will be using it again
  • Open DB Editor 3.0 and load the file you just extracted (00012-DB_TEMPLATES.dat.File00012.copy001)
  • click on the 'UNIF' table in the column to the left (it's the bottom one)
  • Once again you need to add a new record and then edit it. Here's a list of how to fill it out

Code: Select all

UHNB: numbers on the back of helmets--0 no number, 1 centre left, 2 centre right, 3 4 and 5 center
    UFAD: unknown--set to 1
    UFID: uniform ID--location in UNIFORMS.dat (zero-based array)
    UHNF: numbers on the front of helmets--0 no number, 1 center
    ULTF: home/away uniforms--0 for colored jerseys, 1 for white jerseys
    UDCH: Uniform Decal Chest/Hips--0 no decal, 1 decal at upper left chest, 2 decal on both hips facing forward, 3 decal on both hips facing different directions
    UHFI: unknown--set to 0
    UCHL: uniform custom helmet logo--0 no logo. 1 EA circle logo each side of helmet EA,EA (for names), 2 EA circle logo each side of helmet EA,A3 (for symbols)
    UDSL: Uniform Decal Sleeve--0 no decals, 1 decals face opposite directions (for names), 2 decals face forward (for symbols)
    UNUM: numbers on the sleeves--0 5 big shoulder, 1 4 sleeve, 2 small shoulder, 3 no number
  • When your done click 'Save File'
  • switch back to DFR and replace the 12th file with your newly saved one
  • Don't forget to save and your done! go enjoy your uniforms

When he says "you need to add a new record and then edit it." What exactly does he mean? Do I open the "new record" in Excel?
I'm doing it for CUSTOM TEAMS by the way...

Uniform Sleeve Question

Sponsor

Sponsor

Kevin5455
Hall of Fame

Re: Uniform Sleeve Question

Postby Kevin5455 » Wed May 10, 2017 10:54 am

Anyone know this for custom teams?
Anyone? :(

truetothegame13
MVP

Postby truetothegame13 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:57 pm

Kevin5455 wrote:When he says "you need to add a new record and then edit it." What exactly does he mean? Do I open the "new record" in Excel?
I'm doing it for CUSTOM TEAMS by the way...

db editor. right click on the empty field area
My Corner (my threads): Includes tips for graphics, settings, screen resolution, sliders. Great roster resources from multi-platforms (converting/porting). 4GB patch for 64-bit processors.

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:26 pm

When you export to CSV, there will be a number at the top that's on the side. Delete it, then scroll down an empty row and fill in data accordingly.

Kevin5455
Hall of Fame

Postby Kevin5455 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:22 pm

Thanks for replying 2 months later... :roll:

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:10 am

Kevin5455 wrote:Thanks for replying 2 months later... :roll:

Sorry I don't have patience to answer questions. Then I decide to change my mind two months later :lol:

KO'BBF
MVP

Postby KO'BBF » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:46 pm

UDCH: Uniform Decal Chest/Hips--0 no decal, 1 decal at upper left chest, 2 decal on both hips facing forward, 3 decal on both hips facing different directions

UDSL: Uniform Decal Sleeve--0 no decals, 1 decals face opposite directions (for names), 2 decals face forward (for symbols)

What are these "decals" ? is it the team logo? or is it the nfl equipment logo?
"There are Coaches who spend eighteen hours a day coaching the perfect game, and they lose because the ball is oval and they can't control the bounce." - Bud Grant

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:58 pm

KO'BBF wrote:

It’s the NFL equipment logo and the team logos that appear on the uniform.

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:53 pm

Austinmario13 wrote:
KO'BBF wrote:

It’s the NFL equipment logo and the team logos that appear on the uniform.

Austin is correct.

In a uniform file, there are 3 slots for decal images.
If you open a uniform in JDHalfrack's MUER, they are labelled Decal0, Decal1, and Decal2.
In StingRay68's DAT Editor and DEX, Decal0 is Bitmap#18, Decal1 is Bitmap#19, and Decal2 is Bitmap#20.

UDCH controls the settings for Decal1/Bitmap#19. A couple examples would be the Jets and Chiefs, which have patches on the Left Chest. IOn my Jaguars uniforms, I use this for the "jaguar head" logo on the hips.

USDL controls the setting for Decal0/Bitmap#18. Examples of this in use are the "GSH" on the sleeves of my Bears Home/Away uniforms and the "Fleur de Lis" on the sleeves of my Saints uniforms.

It is also possible to use either Decal0, or Decal1 on the helmet. This is the UCHL tab, which stands for "Uniform Custom Helmet Logo", or something similar. However, I don't know which decal slot is used for this setting,

Decal1/Bitmap#20 is, in fact the "NFL Equipment" patch that is seen on the collar and the front left of the pants. I haven't had the opportunity to utilize this, because the newer uniforms have a different set up.
But, you can see these on the default uniforms and NICK's uniforms - I think.

Sorry for the long-winded post. I hope this helps

KO'BBF
MVP

Postby KO'BBF » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:39 pm

1312qohelet wrote:Sorry for the long-winded post. I hope this helps

that helps very, very much. I appreciate your help, thank you.
"There are Coaches who spend eighteen hours a day coaching the perfect game, and they lose because the ball is oval and they can't control the bounce." - Bud Grant

Return to “Modding”