List of Player Face Mask Values

Modifying Madden 08.
RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:30 am

Due to being sick of seeing certain ugly or banned face masks in my franchise, I decided to look into the face masks for the game so I can do quick replacements, rather than going one player at a time. The face masks are determined by the PFMK field in the PLAY table. Since there are, to my knowledge, no posts here listing the values, here they are.

Code: Select all

2-Bar -- 0
3-Bar -- 1
Half Cage -- 2
Full Cage -- 3
1-Bar -- 4
2-Bar Thin -- 5
3-Bar QB -- 6
2-Bar RB -- 7
3-Bar RB -- 8
RB Robots -- 9
RB Bull -- 10
RevoG2EG -- 11
RevoG3BDU -- 12
RevoG2B -- 13
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Sleeper66
All-Pro

Re: List of Player Face Mask Values

Postby Sleeper66 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:56 pm

I've been mass-editing bad facemasks out of my franchise/draft classes for a while now.

I'd hoped to edit the pladata mmap to eliminate some of them for good, but to no avail.

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:26 am

RevanFan wrote:Due to being sick of seeing certain ugly or banned face masks in my franchise, I decided to look into the face masks for the game so I can do quick replacements, rather than going one player at a time. The face masks are determined by the PFMK field in the PLAY table. Since there are, to my knowledge, no posts here listing the values, here they are.

Thanks for taking the time to post it.

I would imagine the 1-bar and 2-bar(thin) are banned.
Are there any others in the game that are currently banned?

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:49 am

1312qohelet wrote:
RevanFan wrote:Due to being sick of seeing certain ugly or banned face masks in my franchise, I decided to look into the face masks for the game so I can do quick replacements, rather than going one player at a time. The face masks are determined by the PFMK field in the PLAY table. Since there are, to my knowledge, no posts here listing the values, here they are.

Thanks for taking the time to post it.

I would imagine the 1-bar and 2-bar(thin) are banned.
Are there any others in the game that are currently banned?

No, but the very large ones are not often used anymore.
My Cowboys Journal

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:45 am

Can 11/12/13 be manually applied to Helmet style 1/2/3?

Interested in-case I ever try to mod a different helmet to look more like a Revo Speed or Speed Flex. I'd need the Revolution facemasks to make it work.
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:00 pm

trey31 wrote:Can 11/12/13 be manually applied to Helmet style 1/2/3?

Interested in-case I ever try to mod a different helmet to look more like a Revo Speed or Speed Flex. I'd need the Revolution facemasks to make it work.

Well... you can tell the game to do that, but I don't think it'll actually show up in-game. I think it'll just revert to a basic face mask, though I've never actually tried it. If you want to experiment with that, let me know your results.
My Cowboys Journal

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:32 pm

RevanFan wrote:

Well... you can tell the game to do that, but I don't think it'll actually show up in-game. I think it'll just revert to a basic face mask, though I've never actually tried it. If you want to experiment with that, let me know your results.

I'll try it with helmet 2. Idk why but I hate that one lol
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:04 am

the Full cage and the 3 bar QB are no longer used. Also there is a difference in the Revolution's masks and the Speed's mask
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

Raston
MVP

Postby Raston » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:10 pm

RevanFan wrote:

You shouldn't use the Revo masks with anything other than the Revolution helmets. To see this just edit a player's equipment in game and try to pick another face mask to use with the Revolution helmet. It also causes weird things to happen with equipment like other stuff not showing that you have on the player. This usually occurs when using an editor to do players because they can add anything. There is also some bugs with the G2EG and G2b masks. If you use them with the Revolution like you should it usually reverts to a 2-bar RB. I ended up just using style 4 helmet with the 3-bar RB for most of the defensive players.

Kevin5455
Hall of Fame

Postby Kevin5455 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:32 pm

BUS36 wrote:the Full cage and the 3 bar QB are no longer used. Also there is a difference in the Revolution's masks and the Speed's mask

are they banned? Is that the reason why they are no longer used?

Return to “Modding”