Creating a Franchise from Custom Teams

Modifying Madden 08.
rambolz
All-Pro

Re: Creating a Franchise from Custom Teams

Postby rambolz » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:00 pm

Thank you elguapo, got the franchise started with your instructions! But, the logo is still the NFL shield after going through all the steps. Any ideas how to fix it?

Sponsor

Sponsor

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:02 pm

One other thing. You can't delete an NFL team unless you change the TTYP to 7. So change it before loading it into Madden.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:09 pm

rambolz wrote:Thank you elguapo, got the franchise started with your instructions! But, the logo is still the NFL shield after going through all the steps. Any ideas how to fix it?

The exported TEAM table should have reverted back the custom team's TTYP back to it's original state which would have restored its logo. It will also make sure that the 3D fans won't be missing their torso.

So if you are getting the NFL logo simply change the custom team's TTYP to 5.

Are you trying to replace the Lions team with your custom team but still use the Lion's logo, uniforms...etc?

rambolz
All-Pro

Postby rambolz » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:11 pm

elguapo wrote:One other thing. You can't delete an NFL team unless you change the TTYP to 7. So change it before loading it into Madden.

I managed to figure that out after trial and error and got the team deleted. Was I also supposed to delete the extra custom team with TGID 0? If I didn't delete it I couldn't start a franchise, but after deleting it after importing the custom team I really want everything worked well. Other than the logo, that is.

rambolz
All-Pro

Postby rambolz » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:13 pm

elguapo wrote:
rambolz wrote:Thank you elguapo, got the franchise started with your instructions! But, the logo is still the NFL shield after going through all the steps. Any ideas how to fix it?

The exported TEAM table should have reverted back the custom team's TTYP back to it's original state which would have restored its logo. It will also make sure that the 3D fans won't be missing their torso.

So if you are getting the NFL logo simply change the custom team's TTYP to 5.

Are you trying to replace the Lions team with your custom team but still use the Lion's logo, uniforms...etc?

I will check the TTYP in a bit, hold on.

And trying to replace the Lions and use custom uniforms, logos, all that. So not retaining anything from the Lions

EDIT: The TTYP was still 0, not sure why. I changed it to 5, and now the logo is correct. However, I noticed the team schedules are a bit weird. For example, the Packers don't have any games against the Vikings? I checked the standings and the divisions are correct, but the schedule seems to be off. For example, I have 2 games against the Panthers even though I'm supposed to have 2 games against the Packers. It seems something caused the schedule to shuffle the teams by +1 (causing the Packers to become the Panthers as my opponent). Do you have any fix in mind? Did I do something wrong to cause it :P

EDIT 2: I think I messed up steps 18-22. How many column are you supposed to have in the end? Does any of those affect thee schedule? If yes, then I definitely did it wrong and have to do it again.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:48 pm

14 - 22 referes to the TEAM table saved in 7.

Let me double check the instructions by end of the day and I'll update the instructions if needed.

For now skip 14-22 and in 25 replace instructions:
Change the TOID to 33 and TTYP to 5.

Also make sure that when you import your custom team that it is using the deleted TGID. For example the Lions TGID was 20 then the imported team should be using 20.

Make sure that there are no unused TGIDs anywhere in the roster.

But I'll still double check the instructions.

rambolz
All-Pro

Postby rambolz » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:05 pm

elguapo wrote:14 - 22 referes to the TEAM table saved in 7.

Let me double check the instructions by end of the day and I'll update the instructions if needed.

For now skip 14-22 and in 25 replace instructions:
Change the TOID to 33 and TTYP to 5.

Also make sure that when you import your custom team that it is using the deleted TGID. For example the Lions TGID was 20 then the imported team should be using 20.

Make sure that there are no unused TGIDs anywhere in the roster.

But I'll still double check the instructions.

Even with skipping 14–22 and changing the TTYP and TOID I still get the wrong schedule. No unused TGIDs, and the custom team is using the TGID from the deleted team (although in my roster file it's 19 instead of the 20 you said?)

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:13 pm

If the custom team is using the same TGID as the deleted team then all is good.

Try using another schedule (SCHD) and see if that helps.

I can't think of anything else until I double check the instructions.

rambolz
All-Pro

Postby rambolz » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:38 pm

Is it possible that at some point every TGID got increased or decreased by one and in the schedule matchups the Packers became the Panthers and so on? So for example, my team is scheduled to play against TGID 1 which would normally be Team Y but now TGID 1 is Team X. That's the only explanation I have for the schedule being what it is. Could be something I did wrong with the tables.

I'll try importing a different schedule tomorrow.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:10 pm

In your franchise the bears should be TGID 0. If it 1 then subtract one from every teams TGID.

Return to “Modding”