Neither worked :cry:

Re: Creating a Franchise from Custom Teams

Sponsor

Sponsor

maya
Rookie

Postby maya » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:31 am

help, I already create my franchise with created teams, but I can not play a game just the superbolw, as I do to play the regular season

:twisted: MAYA QB #17

caden2586
Rookie

Postby caden2586 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:32 pm

Hey,
I am trying to follow the steps but when I try to open the roster in the db editor it gives me an error an doesn't open, does any one have any idea why that would happen?

thanks

rambolz
All-Pro

Postby rambolz » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:09 pm

Does anyone know the process MadWolf goes through to swap teams? I want to swap one team out and replace it with my custom team without using MadWolf.

Like, let's say I create a team and want to replace an NFL team with it for franchise. I create the team, set it's TTYP=0 so it will show up for selection when creating franchise, then what? If I want to, for example, replace the Lions with my team, do I set Lions TTYP=5 so they don't show up for team selection in franchise mode? How do I make sure that my team shows up in the NFC North slot left by the Lions?

Thanks for any tips and guidance!

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:50 pm

rambolz wrote:Does anyone know the process MadWolf goes through to swap teams? I want to swap one team out and replace it with my custom team without using MadWolf.

Like, let's say I create a team and want to replace an NFL team with it for franchise. I create the team, set it's TTYP=0 so it will show up for selection when creating franchise, then what? If I want to, for example, replace the Lions with my team, do I set Lions TTYP=5 so they don't show up for team selection in franchise mode? How do I make sure that my team shows up in the NFC North slot left by the Lions?

The instructions have been updated in the first post. New download materials.

rambolz
All-Pro

Postby rambolz » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:26 pm

elguapo wrote:
rambolz wrote:Does anyone know the process MadWolf goes through to swap teams? I want to swap one team out and replace it with my custom team without using MadWolf.

The instructions have been updated in the first post. New download materials.

Thank you very much, I'll give it a go in the next few days!

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:38 pm

If you're trying to mix NFL and a few custom teams then you'll need to use a roster with the NFL teams and a extra custom team in the TGID 0 spot.

Delete an NFL team and import the custom team. Repeat for other swaps then follow the rest of the instructions.

Let us know how it went or if you have better instructions.

rambolz
All-Pro

Postby rambolz » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:35 am

elguapo wrote:If you're trying to mix NFL and a few custom teams then you'll need to use a roster with the NFL teams and a extra custom team in the TGID 0 spot.

Delete an NFL team and import the custom team. Repeat for other swaps then follow the rest of the instructions.

Let us know how it went or if you have better instructions.

Okay, so I tried, but didn't have any luck. I'm not really sure which steps I'm supposed to be following if I want to replace one team in the current NFL. Should I load up a roster with the NFL teams, import my team, then follow which steps exactly? I managed to get to step 12 where I'm supposed to be creating the franchise, but I can't manage to get it started. At this point I have 33 teams in the "Current" section of the roster and it just won't start the franchise and says something about duplicate teams even though I have made sure there are no duplicates.

Then I tried setting the Detroit Lions (who I want to replace with my team) as TTYP=5 so they don't show up, and I have 32 "Current" teams. The game crashes when I try to start a new franchise.

If you could help me with what steps I have to specifically follow and whether or not to do all the COCH table importing and using the Xmod Franchise.csv file. I tried many different combinations of the steps but couldn't get a franchise created (I tried skipping using the Xmod blank.ros since that wouldn't have any of the current NFL teams). I'm not also sure how I would go about deleting an NFL team like you said in your previous message. Any help is much appreciated!

EDIT: So, I managed to get the franchise started by manually going into the TEAM table and swapping a lot of values between the Detroit Lions and my custom team (TRVs, CGID, DGID, a lot of other fields I can't remember right now..). Anyway, I got my team to the franchise, but their logo now is the NFL shield as you said will happen in step 12. How can I change the logo since the TEAM table is a bit of a mess and I don't think the exporting/importing is going to work as it should be at this point?

If you think that manually editing the stuff is not the best option, I'll gladly do everything from scratch if you have any better ideas :P

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:17 am

3. Load your NFL roster. (Make sure there is an extra custom team with TGID 0)

4. Delete NFL team you want swapped. Import your custom team.

9. Go to the coach table and make sure your team has four coaches. You can copy a coach by right clicking and then change the TGID to your imported team's TGID.

Replace the above instructions for mix of NFL and custom teams.

rambolz
All-Pro

Postby rambolz » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:53 am

elguapo wrote:3. Load your NFL roster. (Make sure there is an extra custom team with TGID 0)

4. Delete NFL team you want swapped. Import your custom team.

9. Go to the coach table and make sure your team has four coaches. You can copy a coach by right clicking and then change the TGID to your imported team's TGID.

Replace the above instructions for mix of NFL and custom teams.

Thank you, much appreciated. I'll give this a go and report back!

Return to “Modding”