Creating a Franchise from Custom Teams

Modifying Madden 08.
elguapo
Hall of Fame

Re: Creating a Franchise from Custom Teams

Postby elguapo » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:00 pm

Hyno Designs wrote:Watched the video and downloaded the files. Cause I have an old version of excel, can't open the spreadsheet..

Try googling free spread sheets. Also try Google's "sheets" to convert it to a CSV file.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Hyno Designs
Rookie

Postby Hyno Designs » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:23 pm

Big thanks to elguapo, for adding the older spreadsheet file was able to get everything working.

Notes:
Used Custom Teams

You need to create the franchise as he states in his video, than save the franchise.

If you try to change the custom teams to a value of 5, it will crash the game loading a new franchise.

You go back in to the DB editor, load the franchise and edit the TEAM fields, TTYP = 5 on your customs, than the Logo's will show up.

Coaches:
Basically the DB new file is the coaches with changed names.

For example if your team is the Cavaliers and you replaced the Lions you are going to show up with the Lions playbooks.
You go in to your player editor file, load up the franchise, go to coaches and custom build the head coaches how you want them. Set the offense and defense how you wish.

Did all this in my main roster file, just cutting and pasting the data from my source file to the new franchise file.

Hyno Designs
Rookie

Postby Hyno Designs » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:54 pm

RevanFan,

It is not that hard to do uniforms, texmod, at least to test them is the best, the game creator you can't mix and match stuff.

Not a fan of adobe, use an old version of Coral paint. Done millions of textures and have no artistic ability what so ever.

You create the idea of what you want, than you pattern the uniform after what you think up, for these Jets uniforms (Red White and Blue) used the old Pats as the template. LSU getting those strips correct was hard, once I got the template it is now easy. Hated the mud on the field when it was raining, Pulled the mud field texture and just replaced it with the field texture when it was dry out. The Dolphin's Jersey, didn't like any of the Jersey's in the game or the custom newer uniforms. Went back and did the 1982 Dolphins and got the color template and used those colors, to me it looks great. On the Helmets thought the stripes were too wide, so made them narrower. Didn't like the Dolphins stadium either so created the Orange Bowl. With New England, no pictures re-do the colors of that stadium and did a few others as well. University of Alabama it was really hard getting the redish color correct that took a lot of time. Post those pictures next with the Cinci outfits. For them basically took the Falcons Jersey's and used that as the template.
Attachments
Phins.jpg
Phins.jpg (503.43 KiB) Viewed 8037 times
MSU.jpg
MSU.jpg (460.32 KiB) Viewed 8037 times
Jets2.jpg
Jets2.jpg (441.71 KiB) Viewed 8037 times

Hyno Designs
Rookie

Postby Hyno Designs » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:57 pm

Bama and U of Cinci outfits and Mud on the field removed when raining
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (399.24 KiB) Viewed 8038 times
Jets.jpg
Jets.jpg (636.15 KiB) Viewed 8038 times

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:29 pm

Here check out some of mine....

viewtopic.php?f=86&t=18774&start=20

Actually have a its own Mod...

http://www.mediafire.com/file/h6zjnmj02 ... FL_MOD.rar
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:21 pm

I need some feedback on an idea i though off. This involves using Madwolf to change the Created teams back to TTYP=5. Those of you who have used Madwolf before probably know that during the swapping process, some stadiums and fan torsos disappear from the game. With my method you bypass the swapping process in Madwolf.

Here is where I need the feedback and testing and it only applies if you are using Created teams in a franchise. Once you create the franchise, use Madwolf and follow steps 15 - 18. Try to notice if the same stadium and fan torso bug appear like in the swapping process. I'm hoping it doesn't but that's why I need users to test this and give me (and community) some feedback.

Ratbu
Rookie

Postby Ratbu » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:30 pm

Hi. Longtime lurker here. Followed all the steps. Can sim and play preseason, but games don't sim in regular season. When i try to spawn, they say problems with my roster. But I don't know what problems with my roster are. Help me out please.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:28 am

Ratbu wrote:Hi. Longtime lurker here. Followed all the steps. Can sim and play preseason, but games don't sim in regular season. When i try to spawn, they say problems with my roster. But I don't know what problems with my roster are. Help me out please.

Some problems may be that teams need the depth charts re ordered, teams don't have enough players for positions, not enough coaches, not enough free agents.

Ratbu
Rookie

Postby Ratbu » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:17 am

Reordered all depth charts. Checked breakdowns and it's fine. All teams with 4 coaches (head, offense, defense, special)

Got about 250 free agents, is that enough?

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:07 am

Could be a couple of things....... export the franchise or roster to csv with the dbeditor and then change PCMT column to all 1023

If this does not work try changing PLHY to all -31 but dont do this step unless step one does not work

Return to “Modding”