Deleting Teams

Modifying Madden 08.
JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Re: Deleting Teams

Postby JSamuel » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:54 am

RevanFan wrote:
JSamuel wrote:
RevanFan wrote:Oh. You need to delete the players from PLAY. I thought you were talking about the depth chart.

So I need to export a CSV of PLAY and delete everything. Basically clear the whole spreadsheet, except for the column markers at the top. Right? Or is there anything I need to keep?

You need to delete all the listings for players on teams you deleted. Keep any players for teams that remain. Then delete the number at the top right of the CSV. In general, delete the number at the top right for ALL CSVs.

Okay, it worked. I'll do the same thing with the coaches.

Thank you. 8-)

Sponsor

Sponsor

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:42 pm

RevanFan wrote:
JSamuel wrote:
RevanFan wrote:Oh. You need to delete the players from PLAY. I thought you were talking about the depth chart.

So I need to export a CSV of PLAY and delete everything. Basically clear the whole spreadsheet, except for the column markers at the top. Right? Or is there anything I need to keep?

You need to delete all the listings for players on teams you deleted. Keep any players for teams that remain. Then delete the number at the top right of the CSV. In general, delete the number at the top right for ALL CSVs.

Okay, I'm having trouble again.

This is what I've done:

1. I created a team in rogerjinx's 6.0 roster, without any mods on except the STADIUMS.dat from FF/FI XVI.
  2. I then used Madden Amp to delete all the players off the custom team I made, so I could make new players for the team.
  3. I used the DB Editor to delete all the teams except the one I made, all the players on the whole roster, and all the coaches.
  4. I used the in-game "Create a Player" feature to create 14 players for the team I made.
  5. I installed the modified StreamedData.db file to allow for all players to play every position.
  6. I tried to go to practice mode to test out the team, but when I click "Practice" on the main menu, the game froze.
  7. I tried to play an exhibition game, with my custom team playing against itself, but when I started the game, one side was wearing Chicago Bears uniforms and the other was wearing Cincinnati Bengals uniforms. Neither were wearing the uniforms of the team I made.

Was there anything else I needed to delete with the DB Editor? Or is that even the problem?

Anyone, please help.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:50 pm

Try creating more than 14 players. Then auto-reorder the depth chart.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:30 pm

Also change one of your team TGID to what the Colts TGID was.
So the Giants traded Beckham....

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:40 pm

mee wrote:Also change one of your team TGID to what the Colts TGID was.

Why would he need to do that?
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:22 pm

RevanFan wrote:Why would he need to do that?

To get practice mode to work.
The game looks for the Colts'(by default, your favorite team if you change it) TGID by practice mode. If it can't find the team with the TGID it freezes. BiT discovered this when working on the WorldCup mod.
So the Giants traded Beckham....

Return to “Modding”