Changing a Team's Default Stadium

Modifying Madden 08.
JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:11 am

I would like to assign the Madden high school stadium to a created team, so that every time I select that created team as home, it automatically starts the game in the Madden high school stadium. Is it possible to do that? If so, how?

Thanks.

Sponsor

Sponsor

ThePurplePeopleEater
MVP

Re: Changing a Team's Default Stadium

Postby ThePurplePeopleEater » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:50 am

JSamuel wrote:I would like to assign the Madden high school stadium to a created team, so that every time I select that created team as home, it automatically starts the game in the Madden high school stadium. Is it possible to do that? If so, how?

Thanks.

Use NZA editor. Go to stadium tab. Find the ID of the High School Stadium. Go to teams tab. Change the stadium ID of your stadium to the ID for the HS Stadium. Now you're finished!

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:10 pm

ThePurplePeopleEater wrote:
JSamuel wrote:I would like to assign the Madden high school stadium to a created team, so that every time I select that created team as home, it automatically starts the game in the Madden high school stadium. Is it possible to do that? If so, how?
Thanks.

Use NZA editor. Go to stadium tab. Find the ID of the High School Stadium. Go to teams tab. Change the stadium ID of your stadium to the ID for the HS Stadium. Now you're finished!

Thanks for answering my question. I tried, but for some reason, the Madden high school stadium, that has always been in the stadium selection options, is no longer there. Do you still have it? Because, I don't understand why it's not there for me anymore.

moonbax
MVP

Postby moonbax » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:47 pm

It's there. And just to show others where to change it under teams, see right.

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:56 am

moonbax wrote:It's there. And just to show others where to change it under teams, see right.

I checked, and I don't have it in the roster I'm using. However, rogerjinx's roster does have the high school stadium.

I suppose that means I need to move the team to rogerjinx's roster. How do I do that?

moonbax
MVP

Postby moonbax » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:15 am

JSamuel wrote:I checked, and I don't have it in the roster I'm using. However, rogerjinx's roster does have the high school stadium.

The stadium is in STADIUMS.dat [or wherever], not the roster, right? Try it, use the same ID I showed you, 40.

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:01 am

moonbax wrote:
JSamuel wrote:I checked, and I don't have it in the roster I'm using. However, rogerjinx's roster does have the high school stadium.

The stadium is in STADIUMS.dat [or wherever], not the roster, right? Try it, use the same ID I showed you, 40.

Do I need to have the STADIUMS.dat that comes with FF/FI XVI loaded? Because I haven't been doing that.

moonbax
MVP

Postby moonbax » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:27 am

JSamuel wrote:Do I need to have the STADIUMS.dat that comes with FF/FI XVI loaded? Because I haven't been doing that.

Wouldn't this stadium be in the unmodded game, and if so, in the same location as it is in the modded file? Try it.

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:33 am

moonbax wrote:
JSamuel wrote:Do I need to have the STADIUMS.dat that comes with FF/FI XVI loaded? Because I haven't been doing that.

Wouldn't this stadium be in the unmodded game, and if so, in the same location as it is in the modded file? Try it.

Whenever I load in the roster and go to stadiums, this is what I get:

Why don't I have it? What could I have done to make it not be there?

moonbax
MVP

Postby moonbax » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:40 am

Because the roster author didn't add an entry for it in the STAD table of the roster? It doesn't need to be listed there in order for you to change your team's stadium ID (under teams).

Return to “Modding”