Changing a Team's Default Stadium

Modifying Madden 08.
BUS36
Hall of Fame

Re: Changing a Team's Default Stadium

Postby BUS36 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:32 am

did you change it in the roster..and the roster's CTY and STAD?
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

Sponsor

Sponsor

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:24 pm

BUS36 wrote:did you change it in the roster..and the roster's CTY and STAD?

No, I didn't... But I don't really know how. Do you think you could explain?

BelieverInTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby BelieverInTeal » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:06 pm

Why not just use the SRES value instead of SGID?

Use the DB editor to load up roger's, the FF mod or the CFL roster and look for the High School stadium's SRES value. Then load up your roster and for every team that you want playing out of that stadium, give it the high school SRES.

Also, if you're going to use a non-custom stadium, make sure the STYP value is 0.

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:32 pm

BelieverInTeal wrote:Why not just use the SRES value instead of SGID?

Use the DB editor to load up roger's, the FF mod or the CFL roster and look for the High School stadium's SRES value. Then load up your roster and for every team that you want playing out of that stadium, give it the high school SRES.

Also, if you're going to use a non-custom stadium, make sure the STYP value is 0.

Okay, this is what I did:

1. I placed the STADIUMS.dat from FF/FI XVI in Documents\Madden NFL 08.
  2. I opened 2016JINXROSTER v1.2.ros with the DB Editor, extracted the STAD table, and found the SRES value for the high school stadium.
  3. Then, I opened my roster with the DB Editor, extracted the STAD table, and found the SRES value for my custom team's current stadium.
  4. I made that value the same as the one for 2016JINXROSTER v1.2.ros.
  5. I saved and closed the spreadsheet, then I imported it back into my roster.
Result:
When I started a game with my team as home, I was not playing in the high school stadium. I was playing in the Raiders stadium.

At this point, I honestly think it would be easier if I just sent the roster to someone who knows how to do this. They could figure out how to add the high school stadium to the roster, then I would be able to easily assign it to whatever teams I create next, by changing the SGID values with NZA. If you'd like to do this, I'd really appreciate it.

Of course, if anyone has any other ideas on how I could fix it myself, please tell me.

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:44 pm

With the DB editor open Rogers roster find city and locate the stadium id change it to the high school id. Check the topic on the LA stadium change.
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:58 pm

BUS36 wrote:With the DB editor open Rogers roster find city and locate the stadium id change it to the high school id. Check the topic on the LA stadium change.

I already tried changing the ID, but it didn't work.

BelieverInTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby BelieverInTeal » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:46 pm

JSamuel wrote:Okay, this is what I did:

1. I placed the STADIUMS.dat from FF/FI XVI in Documents\Madden NFL 08.
  2. I opened 2016JINXROSTER v1.2.ros with the DB Editor, extracted the STAD table, and found the SRES value for the high school stadium.
  3. Then, I opened my roster with the DB Editor, extracted the STAD table, and found the SRES value for my custom team's current stadium.
  4. I made that value the same as the one for 2016JINXROSTER v1.2.ros.
  5. I saved and closed the spreadsheet, then I imported it back into my roster.
Result:
When I started a game with my team as home, I was not playing in the high school stadium. I was playing in the Raiders stadium.

At this point, I honestly think it would be easier if I just sent the roster to someone who knows how to do this. They could figure out how to add the high school stadium to the roster, then I would be able to easily assign it to whatever teams I create next, by changing the SGID values with NZA. If you'd like to do this, I'd really appreciate it.

Of course, if anyone has any other ideas on how I could fix it myself, please tell me.

Double check if you typed in 110 or 117.

If it doesn't work, see what happens when you type in 118, 119, or 120.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:53 pm

Madden Amp allows you to changs the SRES id.

Return to “Modding”