stadium editing?

Modifying Madden 08.
BelieverInTeal
Hall of Fame

Stadium editing for idiots

Postby BelieverInTeal » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:41 am

It's actually much simpler than that. I'll explain it, though I thought the info was available here...definetly was on FF.

Your first read – what to look for when dissecting a STAD table prior to assigning a stadium
The two columns you should look under right off the bat are STYP and SRES. STYP is the indicator which dictates whether the stadium in question will follow the SRES values or a bunch of other values that you don’t need to know for this tutorial. If the STYP is 0, that indicates to Madden that the game will follow the SRES value. If STYP is 1, that means it will not follow the SRES value, but instead it will follow the SP(x) values.

SRES controls the stadium 3D model of each stadium. They range from 0-49, with 0-45 being NFL/NFL Europe stadiums and 46-49 being practice fields. This value alone dictates the stadium’s features with exceptions mentioned in later sections.

Now if a stadium follows SP(x) values, which as I mentioned means that the STYP = 1, that means that stadium is a custom stadium. The SP(x) values dictate stuff like the 1st level of the south end zone, 2nd level, etc. And all the other fun stuff you decide when you build a custom stadium. This info is included in the field notes that are posted on the FF wiki. Sign up and download it if you haven’t already. I will not be repeating that info here.

The coverage has been exposed – how to look for one on one matchups a.k.a. exceptions to the SRES
After you’ve assigned your team a stadium of your choice, there are two other in game features you may be interested in editing.

The field is something that doesn’t affect your game at all but to some, it enhances their experience. For this you will need to scan the SFTY value. The values found there are defined as follows

Code: Select all

SFTY     Field type
  0       Grass
  1       Artificial turf
  2       Deceivers
  3       Atlantis
  4       Dummy
  5       Glacier
  6       Grassy turf

You will also want to check whether your stadium is climate controlled or not. This is done by scanning the STRY value. 0 = no and 1 = yes.

Last chance to audible – miscellaneous items
Of course, there are also things you can play around with. Stuff like team names and stadium names are self explanatory. You can also edit stuff like SCAP which controls stadium capacity but the subsections like SCCS (stadium capacity club seats), SCLL (lower level seats), SCLB (luxury boxes), etc are things in owner mode that control how much product you have to sell at each section. You have to edit those yourself.

SRAT is one you should monitor as it controls stadium rating which also influences whether fans are staying away because your stadium is a dump. If it’s above 80 or so, then that means your stadium is in good condition while your team sucks. If it’s below that, it means your stadium and your team sucks. See what I did there ;)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Thanks for reading. I’m Believerinteal for football-idiot.com reminding you, don’t forget to save.

Stadium editing for idiots

Sponsor

Sponsor

torontogrudlies
MVP

Re: stadium editing for dummies

Postby torontogrudlies » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:34 pm

Here's a question which was answered for me a while back on FF. It was pretty simple but I can't recall the answer.

For some reason when I create a custom stadium, even if I specify a roof, there ends up being wind and weather in the stadium. Which value/values in the STAD table am I changing to correct this?

BelieverInTeal
Hall of Fame

Re: stadium editing for dummies

Postby BelieverInTeal » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:03 am

torontogrudlies wrote:Here's a question which was answered for me a while back on FF. It was pretty simple but I can't recall the answer.

For some reason when I create a custom stadium, even if I specify a roof, there ends up being wind and weather in the stadium. Which value/values in the STAD table am I changing to correct this?

Oh silly Dave, you didn't read the tutorial did you? :cry: :cry:

You will also want to check whether your stadium is climate controlled or not. This is done by scanning the STRY value. 0 = no and 1 = yes.

torontogrudlies
MVP

Re: stadium editing?

Postby torontogrudlies » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:08 am

Lol..... I didn't associate climate control with that for some reason!

MAPO
Pro Bowl

Postby MAPO » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:15 pm

Teal, now that I have mastered my playbook I am looking into stadium editing.

I have no knowledge with it, so my question to you before I get deep into it, do you think its possible to build high school stadiums?

and what about putting a train in the endzone and adding a bull horn sound effect after big plays?

Thanks for your input
My Madden 08 Playbooks
Multiple Adjusting Pattern Offense
SPO (Screen Pass Option) Offense
MAPO - "The Aerial Assault, Death From Above"

BelieverInTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby BelieverInTeal » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:44 pm

You can edit the textures of a stadium, but you can change the 3D shape of a stadium. Think of a stadium as a house. You can change the colour of the walls, the look of the doors, the design of the kitchen cabinets but you can't add additional features. You can remove certain features and replace them with something else (or nothing at all) but the actual 3D shape cannot be altered. There's not much I can tell you except the best way to learn is to get your hands dirty, and lots of trial and error.

Have you checked out bctrackboi's Friday Night Lights mod? He's got a good strategy for attack high school stadiums, which is to edit the NFL Europe and practice fields and try to customize them for high schools since they look smaller in Madden.

As for sound, that's dictated by the sounddat.dat. I don't think there's a specific sound that they play after a big play, but there are music for specific situations like after a TD, after a quarter/halftime, etc. This isn't my area of expertise so all I can say is yoou're going to need the DFR, and you're going to need a program to convert the music files you want into some other file format in order for the import to work (Madden sound editor is the name of the program I think). Again, not my area of expertise, sorry.

Forestman
Pro Bowl

Postby Forestman » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:38 pm

Is it possible to make the new Colts stadium?

PML17
Hall of Fame

Postby PML17 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:52 pm

I have a Texmod file I think Sidelion made.

http://www.mediafire.com/?bjx2eowz6rre4b6

It replaces the Cardinals' stadium (University of Phoenix Stadium), either closed or open.
Retired from the Fourm. I check back in once a month, sorry in advance for late replies.

Sidelion
MVP

Postby Sidelion » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:28 pm

P-Man wrote:I have a Texmod file I think Sidelion made.

It replaces the Cardinals' stadium (University of Phoenix Stadium), either closed or open.

I didn't make it; it was Herby. (Thanks, Wayback Machine.)
"Why do you go away? So that you can come back.
So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors.
And the people there see you differently, too."

PML17
Hall of Fame

Postby PML17 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:36 pm

Sidelion wrote:
P-Man wrote:I have a Texmod file I think Sidelion made.

I didn't make it; it was Herby. (Thanks, Wayback Machine.)

Thanks for the info! :)
Retired from the Fourm. I check back in once a month, sorry in advance for late replies.

Return to “Modding”