Texmod

Modifying Madden 08.
cowboysmb3dw28
Veteran

Re: Texmod

Postby cowboysmb3dw28 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:57 pm

I'm not good sometimes (read: ever) at understanding all the texture stuff, or all the things you guys post on this site. I try to read it but have a hard time understanding it. I'm trying to do the Oilers away uniforms with the white pants (since only the uniforms with blue are available in the game). I have only just begun, but I'd like to ask for opinions on how the pants are looking? I have logged the top part of the pants but I want to make sure the bottom part looks okay. I am mostly concerned with the thigh pads and knee pads. They don't look like the other pads in the game, should they? Or is it not really possible to make them more textured I guess is the word? Or is it a transparency thing? I'd just like an opinion from someone who actually knows what they're doing on here lol. I'm playing around with it but my brain isn't wired to understand some of this stuff lol. Thank you!
screen0001.jpg
screen0001.jpg (310.63 KiB) Viewed 8540 times
screen0000.jpg
screen0000.jpg (305.37 KiB) Viewed 8540 times

Sponsor

Sponsor

pick6
Hall of Fame

Postby pick6 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:47 pm

I haven't done much with uniforms, but one suggestion would be to pick a team that already has white pants and log those. Use those as your starting point and paste the Oilers stripes on top. I've found it tricky myself when trying to change from a color to white in the past, as the wrinkles usually end up disappearing! :(

Someone else may have more advanced tips for you though... ;)

cowboysmb3dw28
Veteran

Postby cowboysmb3dw28 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:28 am

That's what was bugging me was things like the wrinkles disappearing and pads losing the realistic look. I still don't know how to master that. I read the texmod tutorial, read and downloaded the tutorial from the BigDaddyCool website, I just have a hard time understanding it I guess.

But I took your advice and what I did was logged the Oilers home pants and added them onto the away jersey, and edited the socks a little to make them look more like they did during the McNair/George era in Houston/Tennessee. I appreciate the help because without your advice I would never have thought to log in another uniform and do that. Gotta keep trying to figure out how to keep wrinkles and what not now!
Attachments
Mel Gray 2.jpg
Mel Gray 2.jpg (360.74 KiB) Viewed 8524 times
Mel Gray 1.jpg
Mel Gray 1.jpg (326.05 KiB) Viewed 8524 times

pick6
Hall of Fame

Postby pick6 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:32 am

Hey, don't be too hard on yourself over the wrinkles; you're doing a fine job so far!

Regarding uniforms and changing from one color to another, I think you'd need elguapo's Nike uniform template to go any further with this. From what I understand about it, the base template is white, which then makes it easy to add a layer of any color to it, while preserving all the details of the wrinkles. To try to do it the other way around (go from a color to white) I think is always going to be more difficult.

Check out elguapo's awesome Nike template here: HERE

The key is the "blending mode" for each layer. In Paint.NET, click on the Properties button in the Layers window. A blending mode of "normal" means just that (it will completely cover the layers beneath). However, blending modes such as "multiply" and "additive" preserve some aspects of the layers beneath, as when used with a new color layer. Needs to be used in conjunction with the the opacity (transparency) level for each layer.

This is actually getting off-topic now and no longer to do with TexMod, so I suggest you try playing around with elguapo's template, and if you've any questions, post again in that thread. :)

cowboysmb3dw28
Veteran

Postby cowboysmb3dw28 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:25 pm

Actually that's right on topic because I use paint.net, so any tips on that are always welcome as well!

I was always a bit hesitant to use the Nike template because if I'm doing an older uniform I don't want it to be the new Nike uniforms, and I'm not very advanced at this so I kinda stayed away from it, but I think I will check it out and play around with the Nike template see what can happen.

Thanks for the tips!

pick6
Hall of Fame

Postby pick6 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:39 pm

cowboysmb3dw28 wrote:I was always a bit hesitant to use the Nike template because if I'm doing an older uniform I don't want it to be the new Nike uniforms

Yeah, that did occur to me as I was typing it! :? I think there may have been an older template (maybe by NICK?) that was pre-Nike but elguapo's is still useful for the future anyway if you want to see how to change from base white to a color. I couldn't find an older template in the Useful Links section unfortunately; can anyone else help here?

lionsfan
MVP

Postby lionsfan » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:15 pm

pick6 wrote:
cowboysmb3dw28 wrote:I was always a bit hesitant to use the Nike template because if I'm doing an older uniform I don't want it to be the new Nike uniforms

Yeah, that did occur to me as I was typing it! :? I think there may have been an older template (maybe by NICK?) that was pre-Nike but elguapo's is still useful for the future anyway if you want to see how to change from base white to a color. I couldn't find an older template in the Useful Links section unfortunately; can anyone else help here?

Check in the Graphics Updates section on this page. http://ffmadden.wikia.com/wiki/Files

cowboysmb3dw28
Veteran

Postby cowboysmb3dw28 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:33 pm

lionsfan wrote:
pick6 wrote:

Check in the Graphics Updates section on this page. http://ffmadden.wikia.com/wiki/Files

Ah I see the uniform templates there. I'm gonna look at those, although when I clicked to downloads NICK's NFL style templates it says those types of files may harm my computer :/. I'll be looking at those though. Thank you much!

Colin Barlow
All-Pro

Postby Colin Barlow » Wed May 06, 2015 9:24 pm

When I make my own package (logging mode), enter doesn't work I can't use Texmod's logging mode, is there a way to fix this?

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Wed May 06, 2015 9:36 pm

Colin Barlow wrote:When I make my own package (logging mode), enter doesn't work I can't use Texmod's logging mode, is there a way to fix this?

You can try a different key(on the logging mode screen you can switch it)
Right next to the circled dds
So the Giants traded Beckham....

Return to “Modding”