After the 3rd season Superstar becomes stale, with nothing new really other than a few select things. Searching through the streamdata.db I found a bunch of things that could be modded easily to extend Superstar Mode like the interview questions, and superstar influence tables.
Here's what I'm thinking:
1. Add interview questions and increase the frequency of them. Once a week minimum and lower their influence impact substantially. When M08 was released social media wasn't nearly as much of a factor in the NFL, now there's coverage for everything. Make them more immersive with built in scenarios. For example:
"One of the best players on the team got hurt in practice this week, are they gonna be ready for the game this Sunday?"
"Analysts on The NFL Network have said that your success was a fluke and you'll never be able to reach those heights again. How do you respond to them?"
"One of your rookie teammates hasn't given up his college lifestyle, they were arrested for a DUI and fined by the league. Is this player a liability to this teams success?"
2. Lower the on field influence impact, build much slower.
3. Agent Meetings, If possible add options (why aren't there any positive choices?)
4. Remove pads for rookie workouts and NFL Combine
5. Change housing pictures, add more of them
Some of these things I might be able to actually do myself as a novice like the interview questions and house pictures, but some of the other things I'll need some help with. Superstar mode hasn't been talked about much. Everything I learn I'll pass onto this thread.
I really have no clue what I'm doing when looking at these tables (cross referencing), but if i think I found something I'll pass it along to the definition code.
The Interview questions are position based, but they don't use position IDs. Does that mean that they can't be available for all positions? Any information at all on the IWEG Table would be helpful.
Code: Select all
MADDEN 08 SUPERSTAR MODE MODDING INFORMATION:
Values are located in the streamdata.db.
IWAS: Interview Answers
IWQS: Interview Questions
IWEG: Correlating interview information Table.
PEMD: Interview answer influence, 0= Neutral, Negitatives are negative numbers, positives are positive.
PRMA: Player max rating
PCPH: Player career phase
PRMI: Player minimum rating
SWMA: Max of something
SWMI: Min of something
PCPH: Player Career Phase
PPGR: Player Position? Theres 0-15 values.
EVNT: Event (Interview, Agent Meeting, etc)
PGEI: On Field Occurance Influence Table
INMS: Regarding influence
INMO: Regarding influence
EVID: Event ID of on field occurances
PGCM: Clutch Moment Table
CEVT: Superstar Events Table
IWID: Interview Question Number