StreamedData.db and db_templates.dat

Modifying Madden 08.
jon
Veteran

Postby jon » Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:52 pm

Hey modders,

I'm messing around with these two files and having some difficulties.

Couple questions related to the databases:

1. Where is minimum salary cap / salary cap settings in these two files? [Edit: Found this, no longer an issue]

2. Where is the minimum players per position at in these two files (not minimum req. for depth chart (ASPP), need minimum required on actual roster) [Edit: Found this, no longer an issue]

3. Where are the overall settings calculated in db_templates?

4. What's the best way to edit db_templates? [Edit: No longer an issue]

Couple questions related to DB editors:

1. Madden_DB_Editor (from madmod-x) exports to CSV, but crashes when importing from CSV. Doesn't even give you the option to pick the file you want to import back in. Any ideas? This happens specifically on "RINF". Import and export has worked for me in the past, so I"m curious if the application crashes on bigger imports.

2. Xtreme DB editor "C" (MXDBEc) version never loads streamedata.db. Says the database is in use, but it's clearly not in use.

3. Xtreme DB editor original version (MXDBE) works and loads/parses streamdata.db. Exporting logic seems a bit off on some of the tables when you export. For instance when you export "RINF" to CSV and load it into excel, or a CSV parsing tool, the data does not parse correctly. This leads me to believe the output on the editor is the issue. Output from Madden_DB_editor looks more clean.

Appreciate any guidance or help you can provide.

Thanks

Sponsor

Sponsor

jon
Veteran

Re: StreamedData.db and db_templates.dat

Postby jon » Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:26 pm

Looks like I found the salary cap.

Will continue to search for the rest
Attachments
db_templates_salary.png
db_templates_salary.png (30.83 KiB) Viewed 260 times

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:02 pm

jon wrote:
2. Xtreme DB editor "C" (MXDBEc) version never loads streamedata.db. Says the database is in use, but it's clearly not in use.

Issue fixed. (needs to be tested with console rosters)

jon wrote:3. Xtreme DB editor original version (MXDBE) works and loads/parses streamdata.db. Exporting logic seems a bit off on some of the tables when you export. For instance when you export "RINF" to CSV and load it into excel, or a CSV parsing tool, the data does not parse correctly. This leads me to believe the output on the editor is the issue. Output from Madden_DB_editor looks more clean.

It looks like the last field has special characters like a return carriage in between the sentences. This is what is causing the issue. I will look into a solution for this.

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:26 pm

jon wrote:Hey modders,

3. Where are the overall settings calculated in db_templates?

Thanks

PORC table in File#12 in DB_Templates

jon
Veteran

Postby jon » Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:30 am

thank you

any idea what data or db file and table is used to randomly generate draft classes in franchises?

i want to change the thresholds of certain stats for randomly generated players.

would like to increase frequency of QBs with speed, agi, acc to 75-99

would like to increase TEs to allow for speed, agi, acc up to 95

Return to “Modding”