Is it possible to add 2 extra playoff spots?

Modifying Madden 08.
thegoldendragonx
All-Pro

Postby thegoldendragonx » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:07 am

This game being old is starting to show. Next year teams will have to play 17 games instead of 16. Now, there are 14 teams in the playoffs. I'm wondering if it's possible to mod that in this game?

Sponsor

Sponsor

mike9472
MVP

Re: Is it possible to add 2 extra playoff spots?

Postby mike9472 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:31 pm

I doubt it, looks like franchise mode is dead. You'll probably have to play out the season and playoffs as exhibition games.

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:01 am

I think it will be possible..... I have played around with this in the past and think I can get it to work

thegoldendragonx
All-Pro

Postby thegoldendragonx » Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:05 pm

Rixster67r wrote:I think it will be possible..... I have played around with this in the past and think I can get it to work

That sounds good. I’ll be interested to see the formula for it.

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:44 am

I am also trying to figure out how to expand the regular season to 17 games. Have changed every record in DB_Templates #12 and #4 even in STREAMDATA with SEWN or any related to weeks.

What I found interesting is that in DB_Templates #4 (this is the franchise template), it has 213 tables while a normal franchise file only has 191 tables.
Of those tables not appearing in a normal franchise files, the PAIN might be connected to it too and this table has 4 fields:
MOEN = 0
OIMR = 0
SEST = 15 (4 bits)
SEWT = 255 (8 bits)
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (19.19 KiB) Viewed 198 times

We all know that SEWT in SCHD table tells us if it is a regular season game (value of 25) while SEST pertains probably with pre-season games (I dont know why it is only up to 16 when it should be 64 games)

I am trying to adjust the SEWT to more than 255 to add additional 16 games for the regular season but it wont let me since max is only 256 (255 in that table).
My question is how can we change the bit size of it?

Edit: I tried hex editing it and was able to increase the value - but I cant proceed to the regular season with 17 games in DB_Templates File #8. I might have missed some table that only has up to 16 games for the regular season. Still trying to figure out to break this code.

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:45 am

I was going to try to trick the game into doing what I want.... and the user may have to adjust the schedule their self by a scripted program....

I am currently working on something else but will get to this issue soon.....

With that being said I am open to programming the game like Rojerjinx is referring to but this is above my pay grade and honestly I have not had much success when I have attempted to reprogram the game..... but I am not saying that its not possible

Return to “Modding”