Leeman67
MVP

Re: NFL 1970 Mod

Postby Leeman67 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:39 pm

NICK Already gave permission...

Ok, just wanted to be sure. ;)

here's the link:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/4d07lee0nfn6b55/UNIFORMS.zip

Let me know if anything doesn't work, or if you spot any inaccuracies, etc.

Sponsor

Sponsor

superben21
MVP

Postby superben21 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:59 am

Leeman: I'm currently downloading the uniforms. I may not have anything on them for a day or two because I have a few exams over the next couple of days.

NICK: Thanks for letting us use your uniforms as a base for this mod! It would be an impossible amount of hard work and recreation of the wheel without them.

TV Network Overlays: Would someone be willing to create 1970 tv overlays for CBS and NBC? I thought this would be cool if you could swap one or the other in depending on which conference your franchise or single game is in. Also if someones at it they might as well do ABC Monday Night football as well. :)

Volunteers: I still need someone to do the player portraits. I believe someone said they might be willing too but I can't remember. Please let me know if you're interested!
~ Superben21 | An active moderator at one point or another.

KO'BBF
MVP

Postby KO'BBF » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:42 pm

That was me on the portraits. Sorry I went mia for a second. I have a few (a little) obscure ones that I did looking for old football cards. Where is the link to get the ones that NickyJ made? I don't want to double-up on any.
"There are Coaches who spend eighteen hours a day coaching the perfect game, and they lose because the ball is oval and they can't control the bounce." - Bud Grant

superben21
MVP

Postby superben21 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:17 pm

KO'BBF: Here is the information you are looking for I believe.

Here is the post he made on this thread earlier this month:
viewtopic.php?f=87&t=2549&start=40#p60025

Here is the link to NickyJ's portraits he has made throughout the years: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2453&p=9734#p9734

Here is the website he was planning on using for the other portraits originally:
http://www.footballcardgallery.com/

Anyone else interested in helping out with portraits let me know.

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:43 pm

I will take care of the overlays......... :D

superben21
MVP

Postby superben21 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:45 pm

Rixster67r wrote:I will take care of the overlays......... :D

Just what I wanted to hear! :D

superben21
MVP

Postby superben21 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:58 pm

Leeman: The jersey's look fantastic! NICK's work along with your modifications are incredible. On that note I only have one complaint.

Browns: Uniforms 46 & 47 (Alternate 3 & 4) do not have numbers on the sleeve, they are on the shoulder. Uniforms 54 & 53 (Alternate 8 & 9) are correct for everything except they have orange pants. They need white pants. Could you switch the white pants from alternate's 3 & 4 into the alternate 8 & 9 uniforms? After all the Browns are the most important too me :P

Once that is done we will have completed uniforms and roster! Do you know anything about soloplayers and menu graphics? I'm still looking for someone to create those.

EDIT: Would it be possible to do the pro bowl uniforms as well?

Leeman67
MVP

Postby Leeman67 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:07 am

Leeman: The jersey's look fantastic! NICK's work along with your modifications are incredible. On that note I only have one complaint.

Browns: Uniforms 46 & 47 (Alternate 3 & 4) do not have numbers on the sleeve, they are on the shoulder. Uniforms 54 & 53 (Alternate 8 & 9) are correct for everything except they have orange pants. They need white pants. Could you switch the white pants from alternate's 3 & 4 into the alternate 8 & 9 uniforms? After all the Browns are the most important too me :P

Once that is done we will have completed uniforms and roster! Do you know anything about soloplayers and menu graphics? I'm still looking for someone to create those.

EDIT: Would it be possible to do the pro bowl uniforms as well?

Glad you liked the uniforms, and sorry for the miss on the Browns. And thank you for catching that. As detail-oriented as I am, even I sometimes miss the obvious ones. No problem. I'll fix that and attach the corrected home and away files for the Browns sometime later today.

I'm clueless about soloplayers, unfortunately, and the only edits i've ever done to menu images is via Texmod. I pretty much use Texmod for everything but the uniforms, and even then I may use it for various tweaks if a small detail needs to be added or changed and I don't think it warrants changing the entire Uniforms.dat file.

For Pro Bowl uniforms it gets tricky. You can certainly overwrite the ones already in the .dat file. (I think it's uniform nos. 2 & 3, and 210 & 211). However, you'll have an issue with the helmets in that it defaults to the modern day helmets. For throwback purposes, assuming you want historical accuracy, the players all wore the same helmet logo (A or N) and this was where I would use Texmod. Perhaps there is another way to do this and this has been covered before - i'm just not aware of it.

Leeman67
MVP

Postby Leeman67 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:39 am

Ok, I attached the corrected uniform files for the Browns. I just dropped the numbers down to the sleeve from the shoulder and removed the "Browns" script from the front of the jersey. If you need me to touch them up further let me know. You can either overwrite 46 and 47 with these or create new slots for them (I did that actually, designating these as nos. 379 and 380 in my Uniforms.dat file). If you need help doing the latter let me know. I think it was Rixster who a while back did a nice little mini tutorial on how to do that on another thread.
Attachments
1970 Browns.zip
(994.48 KiB) Downloaded 124 times

NICK
All-Pro

Postby NICK » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:17 pm

Probowl helmets were covered under this post ...... they can be changed. See link below.

viewtopic.php?f=85&t=2559

All of the info regarding the probowl helmets and unis to include the settings for numbers on the shoulder or sleeves is in the thread.

At the time, the only thing that was not known was how the facemask graphic worked with the probowl helmet.

Now we know a Madden probowl helmet file has the facemask graphic attached in the helmet file itself. Elguapo may have a probowl helmet dat to use as a template ..... I thought I posted one awhile back when thumstyx was turning out Nike uniforms ... may be somewhere in that thread ..... can't remember.

EDIT:

Found the post: viewtopic.php?f=84&t=15298&start=439

There are two examples attached to the thread that can be used as a template ........ If I remember correctly.

Now that an image file can be hex edited to set up the palette .....the facemask and fmskl palettes should be alot easier to do for the probowl helmets.

The last part of the 70's ..... I think Staubach's last year ......1979 ...... the probowl players wore their own individual team helmets .... they may have worn them a couple of years prior, but 1979 for sure .... so that eliminates the need for one type of helmet for afc or nfc ..... your preference.
JOHN 3:16

Return to “Mods In Progress”