NFL 1970 Mod

A spot for your mods in progress.
superben21
MVP

Re: NFL 1970 Mod

Postby superben21 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:12 am

Sorry for being absent for the last little while (in the middle of midterms).

KO'BBF: any news on the portraits? Or have you not had a chance to begin? Either way let me know.

Leeman: thanks for the Brown's uniform changes, they look nice. I swapped them in with no problem.

I was wondering what the thought is on potentially including a uniform.dat file that includes just home and away uniforms for every team? I know this may be thought as silly at first glance but I think the idea could be good if the game would function properly still. The idea would be to have a 70s uniforms file, an 80s uniforms file, etc... The idea would make it so that the file would be much smaller size yet still have everything you need for the mod. When your franchise reaches the 80s, you simply switch the uniform.dat files and wa-la! you have updated uniforms. Or even if you put the 70s and 80s together and then had a file for the 90s and 00s? Its not like your going to have throwbacks when playing in the 70s lol. Anyway, just a thought, what do people think?

Thank you for the information NICK. I am not going to dabble with the uniforms but if Leeman or someone else wishes to, more power to them.

Ratings

I'm personally going to continue editing the roster in minor ways. Through mass simulations I have concluded that the roster still needs some changes in ratings. I have teams being changed in the following ways:

Significant Rating Boost
1) Dallas Cowboys (They went 4-12 twice during simulations)

Minor Rating Boost
1) Cincinatti Bengals (they made the playoffs in real life and during simulations went 8-8 +/-1 every single season)
2) San Francisco 49ers (John Brodie is supposed to be the MVP and they're supposed to have a good team...)
3) Atlanta Falcons (they're losing to all the made up teams :lol: )

Minor Rating Reduction
1) Cleveland Browns (they lost in the AFC Championship during the first simulation and went to the playoffs every simulation)
2) Kansas City Chiefs (slightly too good based off of real record)
3) Washington Redskins (slightly too good based off of real record)

Significant Rating Reduction
1) New Orleans Saints (they went to the NFC Championship to many times :o )
2) San Diego Chargers (Going 13-3 during simulations every time means something is wrong)

During the three fully documented simulations the results of the Super Bowl where as follows:
1. Miami Dolphins (27) - St. Louis Cardinals (13)
2. Los Angeles Rams (20) - Indianapolis Colts (10)
3. Detroit Lions (21) - San Diego Chargers (7)

Screenshots to come! :)
~ Superben21 | An active moderator at one point or another.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Leeman67
MVP

Postby Leeman67 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:23 am

Superben - that's a great idea on creating smaller Uniforms.dat files for each era (and the DB_Templates files to go with them). I can help with that, although I've never created a uniforms file from scratch before. I would create one for each decade as you suggested. Keep in mind that even from 1970-1979, most teams went through at least 2-3 uniform changes, most of them subtle but some significant (Oilers, Chargers, Falcons, just to name a few). So you'll still have some "alternates" that can be implemented as their main uniforms as your decade progresses. What do you think?

superben21
MVP

Postby superben21 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:12 am

Sounds great! Having a few alternates for each team would be just fine. I would just like to keep files smaller and keep things simpilar in game. I will leave how you go about doing this up to you completely. The only thing I ask is that you make the 1970 jerseys the default for the 70s file, the 1980 jerseys the defaults for the 80s jerseys and so on.

Leeman67
MVP

Postby Leeman67 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:33 am

Got it. That's the plan then. Give me about a week or so. :)

KO'BBF
MVP

Postby KO'BBF » Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:16 pm

I apologize I currently have nothing to contribute. Real life has kept he away from my computer, and I will not be able to put something together for another week.
"There are Coaches who spend eighteen hours a day coaching the perfect game, and they lose because the ball is oval and they can't control the bounce." - Bud Grant

NICK
All-Pro

Postby NICK » Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:06 pm

Leeman67 wrote:Re: the Saints throwbacks - yeah the ones you created have gold numbers on their white jerseys, which they had from '67-69 (and in my opinion, are the best looking unis they ever wore). In all honesty, they are probably just fine for a 1970 mod - I'm just a geek about details so I love adding/changing the subtle changes in teams' uniforms from year-to-year. ;)

Through my wife's computer, I was able to check my uniform dat that Lobbs and I posted ......... all of the 70's unis are there including the saints that was stated to not be there. If you can't see them all, then you do not have the correct db_templates.dat file ...... but all of them are there and everyone of them was done based off photos from the 70's.

Now the shoulder numbers should be on the sleeve ... not sure why I didn't change the setting for that unless I found photos where they were at one time on the shoulder or I needed the space on the sleeve for the large black and gold striping. Alot of the teams had the tv numbers on the sleeves instead of the shoulders during the early 70's, especially in 73 including the cowboys ..... then the cowboys put them on the shoulder I think in 74 for the white jersey and then in 78 for the blue jersey.

EDIT:

What I thought was the 70's uniform for the seahawks with the seahawk on the sleeve turns out to be from the 80's ...... so that one is probably not there ..... have to look.
If it is not .... I apologize cuz I really intended for most if not all of the teams to have a uni from every decade.

JOHN 3:16

Leeman67
MVP

Postby Leeman67 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:47 pm

Through my wife's computer, I was able to check my uniform dat that Lobbs and I posted ......... all of the 70's unis are there including the saints that was stated to not be there. If you can't see them all, then you do not have the correct db_templates.dat file ...... but all of them are there and everyone of them was done based off photos from the 70's.

Hey NICK,

This is what I was referring to w/ the Saints:

I think I have your version of the first images above, and then the last one (which was the late 70's). The in the middle was the one I didn't see, but I'll check the db_templates file again. Again, these are just little details and what you had created pretty much covers all of it.

NICK
All-Pro

Postby NICK » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:20 pm

Maybe I am misunderstanding the mod itself ..... is this going to be a 70's mod or just a 1970 mod ..... if it is a 1970 mod, then my unis will be lacking for most of the teams.

superben21
MVP

Postby superben21 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:50 pm

NICK wrote:Maybe I am misunderstanding the mod itself ..... is this going to be a 70's mod or just a 1970 mod ..... if it is a 1970 mod, then my unis will be lacking for most of the teams.

I want to have 1970 versions of each teams uniforms for this mod at there default home and away uniforms. I also want to have your other 70s uniforms as alternants. The mods purpose was just 1970 originally but I think that will be changing once we complete the 1970 aspect. I hope to add draft classes for every year in the 70s at least, hopefully all the way up to the 85 classes that are on the site. But that is all a long way off.

NICK
All-Pro

Postby NICK » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:18 pm

superben21 wrote:
NICK wrote:Maybe I am misunderstanding the mod itself ..... is this going to be a 70's mod or just a 1970 mod ..... if it is a 1970 mod, then my unis will be lacking for most of the teams.

I want to have 1970 versions of each teams uniforms for this mod at there default home and away uniforms. I also want to have your other 70s uniforms as alternants. The mods purpose was just 1970 originally but I think that will be changing once we complete the 1970 aspect. I hope to add draft classes for every year in the 70s at least, hopefully all the way up to the 85 classes that are on the site. But that is all a long way off.

ok ..... now I understand ..... my bad :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Return to “Mods In Progress”