X mod v3.0

A spot for your mods in progress.
elguapo
Hall of Fame

X mod v3.0

Postby elguapo » Sun May 30, 2021 1:58 pm

Imagev3.0

The X mod is the vanilla (original default) madden that has been eXpanded for the optimal number of available slots that can be modded. With these eXtra slots more options will be available for DAT and Texmod/uMod modders.

Old rosters will still be useable with newer rosters. The X mod could possibly be the All-In-One mod by utilizing a combination of DAT and Texmod/uMod methods.

Version 3 of the X mod will incoporate all the methods learned in the Xmod - Base Files and the NCAA. For example utilizing the placeholder uniforms used in the NCAA mod, the X mod could have an unlimited number of uniforms for any team. The full fields learned for the Xmod - Base files will allow the X mod to have an unlimited number of custom fields, all with weather effects. Stadiums could be assigned a two endzone or an extra full field TMdl to replicate Championship field games.

Since uMod can emulate a DAT mod most of the modding will be done through TPFs or ZIP files which will make it far easier and faster to mod the game. Think of it as the Frosty editor for Madden 19/20 but for Madden NFL 08.

In the coming weeks I will post video tutorials on how to swap mods effortlessly but in the mean time you'll need a clean install of Madden to use these TPFs. You are permitted to use these files for public/private/personal/non commercial use.

I have also been rebuilding my DAT files and DAT maps, since I lost my modding files, and will make them available as the mod progresses. Let's get started...

ROSTERS

TPFs
The following TPFs require the default Madden install and the Optimized DATs installed.

Optimized DATs

DAT Maps

Web Based Spreadsheets

X mod v3.0

Sponsor

Sponsor

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Re: X mod v3.0

Postby elguapo » Mon May 31, 2021 12:20 am

-= Emulating a DAT based mod with uMod =-

Step 1.
uMod v2 r49 [uMod Setup] download and install uMod. Key point is to copy the d3d9.dll from the uMod folder to the mainapp.exe folder.

Other DirectX programs might interfere with uMod like 3D-Analyzer. In case of uMod not functioning properly make sure the d3d9.dll file is present in the mainapp.exe folder.

Step 2.
Setting uMod to run in the background when starting your system. In Windows 10 press the Windows Key + R, type shell: startup, click OK. When the startup folder opens up create a shortcut to uMod with the Minimized run command.

-= Optimizing the default Madden NFL 08 install =-

The DAT Maps above outline some DAT files we need to update to optimize the default install of Madden before we can mod it. In the following weeks we'll go through the steps to do so.

Here are the first round of the optimized DAT files focusing on team logos. These files have been decompressed, expanded and missing logos added. Place these files in the DOCUMENTS\MADDEN NFL 08 folder.

By using the UIS_LIB_TEAM_LOGOS.tpf above, all textures associated in these DATs will change automatically. The team logos in the select team section, the box score section, the coach's team decal, the 3D fan's team decal and the stadium team logos will all change by changing one texture in the UIS_LIB_TEAM_LOGOS.tpf file.

One other feature from adding missing logos is that now you can assign a created stadium to a non created team like an NFL team, NFLE or other without Madden crashing.

Here is the second round of the optimized DAT files focusing on full fields. These files have been decompressed and expanded. Place these files in the DOCUMENTS\MADDEN NFL 08 folder.

The default fields have been replaced with full fields. You are still able to use the Browns, Dolphins, Raiders and Ravens fields. By using the NFL or NCAA Full Fields TPFs from above you'll be able change to pick6's version of the fields and all with weather effects.

Here are two examples of the NCAA fields. Use the NCAA_Full_Fields.tpf as a base and then add these TPFs above the base TPF. Use one NCAA Full field TPF at a time.

The fields have the endzones and midfields painted on the field but it is recommended that the midfields and endzones should be assigned by the customart.dat file or by the TEZ1, TEZ2 and TMFL fields instead.

(Instructions coming soon)

-= TPFs and DDS Textures =-

TPF files will be compiled using DDS textures. DDS allows for compression and mipmaps which greatly enhances the realism of the game. When mipmaps are not necessary then PNG textures will be used.

The TPFs I will produce will follow the DAT map location of textures with DEX v1.5 ready texture names for when and if a DAT based file is needed.

I use Photoshop cs2 to create the DDS textures. Paint.Net can also produce DDS textures with mipmaps but those DDS textures will not be DEX v1.5 friendly.

Installing Gimp allows you to preview the DDS textures in the explorer window just like PNG and BMP files.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Mon May 31, 2021 1:07 pm

Borgaster wrote:elguapo, sorry, but these tools are terrible to use. Make this update , if possible , without need use tools like you did with the current X-Mod. This is the best mod for Madden 08 and i really want play.

Thank you Borgaster and thank you for your feedback.

Ideally it would be convenient to just run the game and have all the mod changes in the game. The X mod v2.0 kinda represents that convenience and with it comes DAT limitations. TexMod/uMod also has limitations but combining both methods of modding you overcome the limitations of each one.

uMod emulates a DAT based mod. When uMod is running in the background and you click the mainapp.exe, Madden will load up with any textures you set it up with just like a DAT mod. Look for a tutorial to set up uMod in the startup folder so that uMod can run in the background when you start up your system.

Using both modding methods not only does it open more modding opportunities but will make it easier for modders to mod the game. An example are the uniform helmets where when you edit uniform helmets (home, road) through TexMod the pro bowl helmets are edited automatically also. But that couldn't be possible without DAT editing the pro bowl helmets. For me that is now much quicker than having to DAT edit the uniforms and DAT edit the pro bowl helmets, two steps brought down to one step. (The Xmod - base files is where I learned that.) If I can spend less time modding and more time enjoying the game I will be less likely to get burned out and leave modding all together.

I hope this answers your concern about the direction of the X mod.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:29 am

Borgaster wrote:
elguapo wrote:
Borgaster wrote:elguapo, sorry, but these tools are terrible to use. Make this update , if possible , without need use tools like you did with the current X-Mod. This is the best mod for Madden 08 and i really want play.

Thank you Borgaster and thank you for your feedback.

Ideally it would be convenient to just run the game and have all the mod changes in the game. The X mod v2.0 kinda represents that convenience and with it comes DAT limitations. TexMod/uMod also has limitations but combining both methods of modding you overcome the limitations of each one.

uMod emulates a DAT based mod. When uMod is running in the background and you click the mainapp.exe, Madden will load up with any textures you set it up with just like a DAT mod. Look for a tutorial to set up uMod in the startup folder so that uMod can run in the background when you start up your system.

Using both modding methods not only does it open more modding opportunities but will make it easier for modders to mod the game. An example are the uniform helmets where when you edit uniform helmets (home, road) through TexMod the pro bowl helmets are edited automatically also. But that couldn't be possible without DAT editing the pro bowl helmets. For me that is now much quicker than having to DAT edit the uniforms and DAT edit the pro bowl helmets, two steps brought down to one step. (The Xmod - base files is where I learned that.) If I can spend less time modding and more time enjoying the game I will be less likely to get burned out and leave modding all together.

I hope this answers your concern about the direction of the X mod.

elguapo, first , thank you for your attention, explanation and reply. I will wait you put the update in your official post of X Mod and i will try. You will add in the mod the Leagues created by pantherofbrazil ? Sorry to disturb you with this matter again, but about XFL mod created by Nixaxe you will fix the mod? Thank you !

Yeah I'll try to fix the missing uniforms. I'll let you know on the other thread when I'm finished with it.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:15 am

I have the first round of optimized DATs that focuses on team logos.

...more info viewtopic.php?f=87&t=22703&p=141362#p141365

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:00 am

I had to redo the optimized DAT files to be able to make a NCAA TPF mod. (WIP)

Some of the textures were duplicates so I had to slightly alter the duplicates to fully take advantage of the DAT textures.

Version 1.5 of the Optimized DATs [Team logos] is available on the first post.

An NCAA TPF files are also available to preview what an NCAA mod would look and feel like. The slivers were more of a pain since most of the slivers were duplicates. It was pretty cool to see the college logos on the practice fields just by changing the team logo.

Also keep in mind that these DAT files and the TPFs can be used to make any football related mod.

EDIT:
One thing I forgot to mention is that the coaches/3d fans team logo do not match the with the team logos. The team logos can have 294 logos while the coaches/3d fans only have 256 logos. That means some coaches/3d fans will have to use a generic logo.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:46 pm

Sorry guys but I had to redo the optimized files again. I had to move textures around to make the TPFs cross platform compatible with Madden 07.

Madden 07 does not have the themed teams so I cannot use those textures to make the TPFs and a few other adjustments.

The optimized DAT files are new, so are the NCAA TPFs and I included the NCAA roster to preview the logos. I also included a spreadsheet that you can use to assign the coaches/3d fans with the team logos. All these can be downloaded from the first post.

nixaxe
Rookie

Postby nixaxe » Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:23 pm

I'm Nixaxe and I currently don't have my mod on my computer because I'm a scizophrenic that deleted everything from my computer. I also had a kingdom mod i was working on that had swords and shields as logos for a mod I was making. But its all gone now and I'm sad about that, but if anyone here on this forum could find my mod and distribute it back to me or the people I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you and good day?!

Note: some of the logos for the kingdom mod had axes and daggers and lions and dragons and cool shit like that.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:59 am

nixaxe wrote:I'm Nixaxe and I currently don't have my mod on my computer because I'm a scizophrenic that deleted everything from my computer. I also had a kingdom mod i was working on that had swords and shields as logos for a mod I was making. But its all gone now and I'm sad about that, but if anyone here on this forum could find my mod and distribute it back to me or the people I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you and good day?!

Note: some of the logos for the kingdom mod had axes and daggers and lions and dragons and cool shit like that.

Your mod has been discussed on this thread viewtopic.php?f=91&t=15216

I have your mod working with the uploaded files on this thread. Borgaster I will look at your roster pretty soon.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:57 pm

I have a fun update to custom/created team in franchise mode.

Roster: https://www.mediafire.com/file/ef9jbq5r0recvgq/Xmod_v3%255BNFL%255D%255BNFLE%255D%255BUSFL%255D.ros/file

TPFs:
NFLE
https://www.mediafire.com/file/ibzhjgp41fmassp/NFLE_TPF_UNIFORMS.7z/file

USFL
https://www.mediafire.com/file/utoyemeg5lt3n4z/USFL_TPF.7z/file

MXDBE: http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=22515&start=10#p145137

For the moment you will need a roster with the main 32 teams to swap teams. I will later add code to swap without having the main 32 teams.

Load the roster with the version of MXDBE from above and swap the NFLE and USFL teams. MXDBE will need a copy of the streameddata.db file and exported DB_TEMPLATES #12.db file.

Install all Optimized DATs and TPFs and create a franchise. The Europe teams will have training camp drills (all custom/created teams will have training drills). This uses the unlimited uniforms from the NCAA mod. Load a Home team TPF and a Road team TPF. Don't load both from the same team.

This is just an example of what the new X mod is capable of doing.

Edit: I didn't include the customart but the new download includes it.

Also, the UIS_LIB_TEAM_LOGOS.dat had a bug and that also has been updated in the download.

The unlimited uniforms requires the optized uniforms dat file, download on the first post, to function correctly or Madden might crash.

Edit, Edit:
Look at the top of this post for an updated roster, USFL teams and team logos (no uniforms yet) and an updated MXDBE info and swapping teams a little faster.

Return to “Mods In Progress”