Project: Progression overhaul

A spot for your mods in progress.
MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Re: Project: Progression overhaul

Postby MikeWest502 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:29 pm

jose21crisis wrote:Hmm ... I'm trying to find the table that adjusts AWR in the offseason, but I still can't find it. Young players and Players in their Prime lose 2 AWR points on the 1st season ... maybe it is a result of being the first offseason and doesn't happen in others? There are other teams that aren't losing AWR, and teams that are losing more AWR, up to 5. Maybe this is due to stats-based regression (If a player perform good in a season then bad in the next, he regresses), but not sure. For now I'll recommend using NZA's "Revert AWR changes" at least for the 1st season.

The offseason adjustments are based on the seasons stats. You need to find the progression/regression table(s) that holds the adjustment criteria for each ratings groups per position. Use you existing franchise stats to determine why players are losing points or gaining points. WR's bet 60-69 have different criteria than WR's 70-79. Possession WR's have different criteria than Deep Threat and Go to Guy! Madden ratings/roles change drastically in the off-season because the numbers don't add up!

In the roles of the game the "UnderAchiever" causes every player on the entire team to loose 1 AWR as long as he's an underachiever! So the existing player roles are also important!

:idea: Go into your franchise and sim to the off-season when the progression/roles get recalculated. Save the franchise, open it in the DB Editor, see if there is a table that has progression/regression data to view!

Sponsor

Sponsor

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:16 pm

Hey Jose21crisis, you posted this

"The game separates the players in 5 groups based on OVR. 0-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80-89, 90-99."

But actually the PRGR( there are 6 Player Rating Groups)
Group 5 = 0-59
Group 4 = 60-69
Group 3 = 70-75
Group 2 = 76-81
Group 1 = 82-89
Group 0 = 90+

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:39 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:Hey Jose21crisis, you posted this

"The game separates the players in 5 groups based on OVR. 0-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80-89, 90-99."

Group 5 = 0-59
Group 4 = 60-69
Group 3 = 70-75
Group 2 = 76-81
Group 1 = 82-89
Group 0 = 90+

Noticed that after I started working, but didn't update the other posts.

I'm still trying to figure out where this game handles the off season AWR increases. I don't think it's on either StreamedData.db or any of the DB_Templates.dat sub files, so I need to extract and check the other files to see if they have something. As long as that isn't handled on the .exe itself, which I'm pretty sure I can't edit (lack of source code being the biggest factor), I could find that.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:48 am

jose21crisis wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:Hey Jose21crisis, you posted this

Group 5 = 0-59
Group 4 = 60-69
Group 3 = 70-75
Group 2 = 76-81
Group 1 = 82-89
Group 0 = 90+

Noticed that after I started working, but didn't update the other posts.

I'm still trying to figure out where this game handles the off season AWR increases. I don't think it's on either StreamedData.db or any of the DB_Templates.dat sub files, so I need to extract and check the other files to see if they have something. As long as that isn't handled on the .exe itself, which I'm pretty sure I can't edit (lack of source code being the biggest factor), I could find that.

In-season progression is calc'd after 4 games until it's playoff time. I think the off-season progression is done using the total years stats. I am 100% sure the relation is only between the franchise file and the streamedData file. The franchise holds the true data/stats for each player position/group and each progression period/round. 6 progression rounds by default. The streamedData holds the stat types, the min/max of stat, points awarded and stat types each groups uses per ratings group and per position. I've seen the positions in the streamed data, they are labeled PTWR = Position Table WR. PTTE = Posiotion Table TE, etc. I see that the OL only get progression based on 2 stats, Sacks allowed and Pancake blocks. Find the stat types used for each position's progression and find the ratings groups min/max per position.

rambolz
All-Pro

Postby rambolz » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:57 am

All of this sounds very exciting! I didn't have time to read through everything now, so I don't know if you already talked about this:

How are you going to make sure young players who didn't see the field are going to progress? Let's say I draft a WR but he's going to be mainly on the bench for the first two seasons and see occasional snaps here and there. I still want this player to progress even though his stats are non-existent. Or perhaps a better example would be drafting a QB to eventually replace your aging veteran.

Anyway, I'll read through all the post once I have some more time. Keep up the good work!

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:16 pm

rambolz wrote:All of this sounds very exciting! I didn't have time to read through everything now, so I don't know if you already talked about this:

How are you going to make sure young players who didn't see the field are going to progress? Let's say I draft a WR but he's going to be mainly on the bench for the first two seasons and see occasional snaps here and there. I still want this player to progress even though his stats are non-existent. Or perhaps a better example would be drafting a QB to eventually replace your aging veteran.

Anyway, I'll read through all the post once I have some more time. Keep up the good work!

That is the problem with this system, and why we use NZA's Editor for that progression. 08 uses performance and some other factor to handle prog./regr. This means players need stats or be already good. In the future, I hope to remove 08s system entirely, and use a spreadsheet to handle prog./regr. based on a possible Potential stat I found + experience from in-game stats. The big deal is the how.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.

patriotjames
All-Pro

Postby patriotjames » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:48 pm

Are you still working on this?

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:38 pm

patriotjames wrote:Are you still working on this?

Every now and then. Real life has me pretty busy, and I have a busted keyboard so I'm unable to do much.
Semper fi

Brock
All-Pro

Postby Brock » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:09 am

Has it been confirmed that you need to have a new franchise for this to work?

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:32 pm

Brock wrote:Has it been confirmed that you need to have a new franchise for this to work?

Nope. Just plug into the StreamedData.db file and let it roll. The most you could do with a new franchise is adjust the progression points.
Semper fi

Return to “Mods In Progress”