Project: Progression overhaul

A spot for your mods in progress.
MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Re: Project: Progression overhaul

Postby MikeWest502 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:18 pm

jose21crisis wrote:
Brock wrote:Has it been confirmed that you need to have a new franchise for this to work?

Nope. Just plug into the StreamedData.db file and let it roll. The most you could do with a new franchise is adjust the progression points.

It works if you have a fresh week with no games played! If you installed mid-week with games to be played, you must wait til all games for that week are completed! Then it's a go!

I found most of the progression tables in the franchise file. Some of them were empty, but others were full of stats. When I started a game, save mid-way, then opened it with DB editor, the empty tables were filled with data. I saw progression stats for all players in their respective progression tables. One table I notice was for Games Started/Played. Players who started received a progression point and a point for playing. Bench players only receive one point for playing, no matter how many plays! I found the Offensive Line progression table. It's clear that to get progression for run blocking, pile up the pancake blocks! I'm in week 11 of the franchise. I found the table that holds the stats for each game of each week for the entire season. But I can't locate the table that has the players progression requirements yet! That may be located in the streamdata. Also, some tables in the franchise have incorrect definition labels. Ex. one table definition is labeled as "Playbook Ratings", but it's actually the progression table for Punt/Kick returners! I'll get those corrected definitions uploaded asap!

Sponsor

Sponsor

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:59 pm

It has come to my attention that there are & should be two sets of definitions to use with the DB editors. The roster has it's own set of table definitions. Also the franchise files have a different set of definitions to accommodate player's progression/regression based on weekly stats.

Example in franchise: IMO some of the tables starting with "PG" define progression and tables starting with "PR" define regression!

PGOL is used for offensive lineman. PGSO is also used for the offensive lineman. one of them is for regression and the other progression, not sure which yet!

PROF is for QB's RB's TE's & WR's.
PGOF is for the same players but include an additional field labeled "Times Sacked".

PRGR was labeled "Player Ratings, but in franchise, it's used for Punt & Kick Returner stats.

PGKP is also used for Punt & Kick Returner stats.

PGKI is for Kickers & Punters stats.
PRGK is also used for Kickers & Punters stats.

JordanLoveIsMyHomie
Veteran

Postby JordanLoveIsMyHomie » Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:51 am

Do I just copy the .csv file into my existing C:/Document/Madden Nfl 08/Files folder? Or am I supposed to upload this with some kind of editor like Madden Editor?

Return to “Mods In Progress”