Football Idiot League mod

A spot for your mods in progress.
RevanFan
Legend

Re: Football Idiot League mod

Postby RevanFan » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:31 pm

The cause for the warped look in the uniform select screen is due to the uniforms not being the same "quality" as the uniform installed in slot 251 of UNIFORMS.dat; the Patriots home uniform, usually. It will look normal in-game.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Sponsor

Sponsor

grabursock55
MVP

Postby grabursock55 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:37 pm

RevanFan wrote:The cause for the warped look in the uniform select screen is due to the uniforms not being the same "quality" as the uniform installed in slot 251 of UNIFORMS.dat; the Patriots home uniform, usually. It will look normal in-game.

Thank you for the clarification. I think I researched why it happened a few years ago and the consensious was that it had something to do with the heisman (i think) mod.

Good to know the actual culprit though!
Making tpf mods and tpf mod accessories.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:59 pm

If this mod is not dependent on other mods then try using the default Madden. You can use Mod Swapped to swap from the default Madden to any modded Madden.

That should resolve the uniform issue.

JPK
Hall of Fame

Postby JPK » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:17 pm

Thank you for the info! Since it looks great in game, I won't spend time trying to fix it, but I'm glad to know the culprit.

I have just played the first two games of my season, and the mod looks amazing! The Anchorage stadium looks great, especially the endzones. I'll post screenshots tomorrow.

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:39 pm

So I also figured out that you will need to load each team.tpf individually to get their uniforms with TexMod. Unless there is another way..let me know.This was what I got with the Base file.TPF....

screen0000.bmp
screen0000.bmp (5.93 MiB) Viewed 2832 times
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:41 pm

Here you go with the IRONMEN ENDZONE....

IRONMEN.bmp
IRONMEN.bmp (257.05 KiB) Viewed 2831 times
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

JPK
Hall of Fame

Postby JPK » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:44 pm

BUS36 wrote:So I also figured out that you will need to load each team.tpf individually to get their uniforms with TexMod. Unless there is another way..let me know.This was what I got with the Base file.TPF....

screen0000.bmp

You're right, you have to load the base TPF first, then your team's, then the one for your opponents.

JPK
Hall of Fame

Postby JPK » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:48 pm

JPK wrote:
BUS36 wrote:So I also figured out that you will need to load each team.tpf individually to get their uniforms with TexMod. Unless there is another way..let me know.This was what I got with the Base file.TPF....

screen0000.bmp

You're right, you have to load the base TPF first, then your team's, then the one for your opponents.

The way I do it, before opening Madden, I open TexMod, load the packages I need for the next few games, then click Run in TexMod. This should open Madden with the changes. Sometimes I have to click multiple times, but it has not failed me yet.

Oh and grabursock55 is still working on the alternate uniforms, but the main ones should work.

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:05 pm

JPK » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:48 pm:
The way I do it, before opening Madden, I open TexMod, load the packages I need for the next few games, then click Run in TexMod. This should open Madden with the changes. Sometimes I have to click multiple times, but it has not failed me yet.

Oh and grabursock55 is still working on the alternate uniforms, but the main ones should work.

That is the way I do it also... It looks like it needs to have some of the main Madden files in a MOD form to use in MOD Swap or JGSME..elguapo may be able to confirm that suggestion.
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

grabursock55
MVP

Postby grabursock55 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:26 pm

screen0000.bmp

Bus,

for some reason it looks like none of the textures are loading for you (including the Base FIFL file)

I honestly am not sure what the issue is that you are having. Im not sure what team you are playing against there (Looks like Springfield, so I'll go with that). when you launch the game from texmod, does it look like this?

ALSO This is important: The EXE that is launching - is it Mainapp.exe OR Madden08.exe - I believe it HAS to be Mainapp.exe
Please check it out and let me know!
Making tpf mods and tpf mod accessories.

Return to “Mods In Progress”