Toon Portrait Replacement MOD

A spot for your mods in progress.
trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:40 am

Mod will replace cartoon portraits with non-NFL portraits.

Sample:
Spoiler:

No alpha release yet.

Note: Cyberfaces will not be included in this mod. Portraits only.
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

Sponsor

Sponsor

trey31
Hall of Fame

Re: No More Toon Portraits MOD

Postby trey31 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:40 am

Reserved for future photo dumps
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

grabursock55
MVP

Postby grabursock55 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:30 pm

Good idea!

Based on the title, I thought you were cancelling the toon portrait mod lol
Making tpf mods and tpf mod accessories.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:40 pm

grabursock55 wrote:Good idea!

Based on the title, I thought you were cancelling the toon portrait mod lol

Lol I can see that!

It's still more traditional of a mod name than "Throwing Shade at dat SHADERDAT.dat MOD" though! :lol:

Kevin5455
Hall of Fame

Postby Kevin5455 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:08 pm

Say... where did you get those portraits form?

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:41 pm

Kevin5455 wrote:Say... where did you get those portraits form?

The first rule of project mayhem is "you do not ask questions."

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:51 pm

They all play football, just a different kind of football. I guess they're all sort of like, uh, placekickers, you could say?

In all seriousness though, I hope nobody gets hung up about using non-NFL player portraits. Afterall, none of the guys from these portraits are in the NFL, so they're replacing cartoon images of other guys' whose portraits can't be taken because they're mostly make believe rookies from a simulated future that exists only inside a videogame. So, in a way, they're all kind of like Tron.

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:55 am

trey31 wrote:They all play football, just a different kind of football. I guess they're all sort of like, uh, placekickers, you could say?

In all seriousness though, I hope nobody gets hung up about using non-NFL player portraits. Afterall, none of the guys from these portraits are in the NFL, so they're replacing cartoon images of other guys' whose portraits can't be taken because they're mostly make believe rookies from a simulated future that exists only inside a videogame. So, in a way, they're all kind of like Tron.

"Yeah, my Rookie Free Safety has the mug-shot of some random Nigerian soccer player. And Miami's new QB, that guy's from Switzerland". 8-)
I could live with that.

Cool idea, trey.
I just hope that installing these won't cause problems in a franchise, like the "Team Helmet" photos do.
You are spot-on with this type of stuff, so you'd be the one to accomplish it.

Best of luck.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:26 am

1312qohelet wrote:
trey31 wrote:They all play football, just a different kind of football. I guess they're all sort of like, uh, placekickers, you could say?

"Yeah, my Rookie Free Safety has the mug-shot of some random Nigerian soccer player. And Miami's new QB, that guy's from Switzerland". 8-)
I could live with that.

Cool idea, trey.
I just hope that installing these won't cause problems in a franchise, like the "Team Helmet" photos do.
You are spot-on with this type of stuff, so you'd be the one to accomplish it.

Best of luck.

Thanks Q!

If they do cause an issue in franchise I'll scrap the project. That's pretty much my entire reason behind it. For me, by season 5 most of those nice hi-res portraits I took for granted in season 1 have mysteriously been replaced by all these Super Nintendo-looking cartoon faces with zombie eyes and identical hairstyles. I'm wondering if they subconsciously have anything to do with me abandoning my franchises around the same time?
Attachments
Doofensteinadden.png
Doofensteinadden.png (47.75 KiB) Viewed 1882 times

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:17 am

trey31 wrote:
Thanks Q!

If they do cause an issue in franchise I'll scrap the project. That's pretty much my entire reason behind it. For me, by season 5 most of those nice hi-res portraits I took for granted in season 1 have mysteriously been replaced by all these Super Nintendo-looking cartoon faces with zombie eyes and identical hairstyles. I'm wondering if they subconsciously have anything to do with me abandoning my franchises around the same time?

I hear you, man. I've been playing Madden Franchises every single year, since '01 on PS2....the carttoon pics never changed, never.

Haha, those actually have more personality!
Hey, that could be a backup plan....using Super Nintendo sprites!
Abobo and the Double-Dragon crew, Altered Beast, Bad Dudes, Mario and Luigi, and countless others.
Maybe even the "Codec" pics of all the characters in Metal Gear Solid.

Return to “Mods In Progress”