Toon Portrait Replacement MOD

A spot for your mods in progress.
rambolz
All-Pro

Re: No More Toon Portraits MOD

Postby rambolz » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:48 am

This idea sounds great! How would you do it so it wouldn't assign my white skin coloured rookie a dark skinned portrait? :)

Sponsor

Sponsor

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:26 am

rambolz wrote:How would you do it so it wouldn't assign my white skin coloured rookie a dark skinned portrait?

Methodically?

Honestly the NVIDIA DDS Plugin for PS CS2 9.0 isn't saving properly (per NickyJ's tutorial) and it's making me angry. But once I get that issue addressed I am going to have to do each portrait one at a time in Dat Editor Xtreme. Batch replacement isn't going to work because they don't appear to correlate with the face ID #'s
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:13 am

Last time I overwrote the toon portraits when I created the HD Portrait Pack, it messed up some non-toon portraits by having toon parts-mustache, hair. Just replace only the toon faces and not the toon parts.

One more thing, you can use batch import if you do portraits in MUER just like what I did in the HD portrait pack.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:22 am

rogerjinx wrote:Last time I overwrote the toon portraits when I created the HD Portrait Pack, it messed up some non-toon portraits by having toon parts-mustache, hair. Just replace only the toon faces and not the toon parts.

One more thing, you can use batch import if you do portraits in MUER just like what I did in the HD portrait pack.

Does HD Portrait Pack already have all the toon images replaced with photos? Or you scrapped it?

I was planning to use the bald hair DDS dat file (transparency only, 16x16px, File #2405 in DEX) to replace all of the hair files as well. You think I should leave them alone? Won't the hair and mustaches appear over these photo portraits if I leave them?
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:03 pm

trey31 wrote:
rogerjinx wrote:Last time I overwrote the toon portraits when I created the HD Portrait Pack, it messed up some non-toon portraits by having toon parts-mustache, hair. Just replace only the toon faces and not the toon parts.

Does HD Portrait Pack already have all the toon images replaced with photos? Or you scrapped it?

I was planning to use the bald hair DDS dat file (transparency only, 16x16px, File #2405 in DEX) to replace all of the hair files as well. You think I should leave them alone? Won't the hair and mustaches appear over these photo portraits if I leave them?

He scrapped it simply because it made franchises look wrong. He had the generic "team helmet" portraits, which don't work for franchise mode for obvious reasons.

Also... Am I only person who kind of likes the Super Nintendo zombie cartoon portraits?
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

rambolz
All-Pro

Postby rambolz » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:19 pm

RevanFan wrote:Am I only person who kind of likes the Super Nintendo zombie cartoon portraits?

I mean..they are not horrible, I just don't like the fact that 3 out of 10 rookies have the exact same face with different hair :lol:

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:22 pm

rambolz wrote:
RevanFan wrote:Am I only person who kind of likes the Super Nintendo zombie cartoon portraits?

I mean..they are not horrible, I just don't like the fact that 3 out of 10 rookies have the exact same face with different hair :lol:

That's why I go through and, using Excel, change the Face IDs of most of the rookies. Makes it much more realistic.
My Cowboys Journal

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:25 pm

rambolz wrote:

I mean..they are not horrible

Yes they are lol

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:27 pm

Honestly it kills the immersion for me. Instead of seeing a thumbnail of an actual photo, I see videogame people whom I have no sense of connection with. Never make it past year 4-5 in franchises because I stop caring about who I sign or cut when they both have the same dead eyes.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:57 pm

trey31 wrote:Honestly it kills the immersion for me. Instead of seeing a thumbnail of an actual photo, I see videogame people whom I have no sense of connection with. Never make it past year 4-5 in franchises because I stop caring about who I sign or cut when they both have the same dead eyes.

I'm currently in season 51 of my franchise. It would look absolutely horrible WITH real portraits at this point.
My Cowboys Journal

Return to “Mods In Progress”