Toon Portrait Replacement MOD

A spot for your mods in progress.
rambolz
All-Pro

Re: No More Toon Portraits MOD

Postby rambolz » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:19 am

Looking good trey31!

I'm curious how this will work eventually? Does the player have to edit the draft class to write over the default cartoon portraits one by one or will it do it automatically?

Sponsor

Sponsor

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:56 am

rambolz wrote:Looking good trey31!

I'm curious how this will work eventually? Does the player have to edit the draft class to write over the default cartoon portraits one by one or will it do it automatically?

I've been focused on dat shoes and arms so I haven't tested this yet in franchise, but the toon portraits won't exist in the dat anymore. Rookies will just have photo portraits. Hinges on if all the hair variations can successfully be replaced with the bald transparency texture so they don't have cartoon hair rendered over their photo portait.
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

rambolz
All-Pro

Postby rambolz » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:20 am

trey31 wrote:

I've been focused on dat shoes and arms so I haven't tested this yet in franchise, but the toon portraits won't exist in the dat anymore. Rookies will just have photo portraits. Hinges on if all the hair variations can successfully be replaced with the bald transparency texture so they don't have cartoon hair rendered over their photo portait.

Sounds good, hope you can succeed in this :)

Kevin5455
Hall of Fame

Postby Kevin5455 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:18 am

trey31 wrote:

1. This all looks amazing trey.
2. What is your profile picture supposed to even be? :lol:

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:28 am

Kevin5455 wrote:What is your profile picture supposed to even be?

Francis Bacon
Portrait of Michel Leiris, 1976
Oil on canvas
Georges Pompidou Center, Paris, National Museum of Modern Art. Industrial Creation Center.

Bacon is best known for his series of >40 surrealist paintings commonly referred to as the "screaming popes," one of my personal favorites being Study after Velázquez's Portrait of Pope Innocent X.
Spoiler:
Bacon is also well known for Figure With Meat; one of my favorite oil paintings of any style.
Spoiler:
It is also well known in pop culture for being the lone piece of art in the museum that the Joker doesn't allow to be defaced in the film Batman (1989).
Spoiler:
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:10 pm

Frustrated beyond explanation with dat shoes/socks at the moment. Picked this project up again for a bit.

I redid the jersey layer. It was necessary in order to batch automate the non-NFL portrait to NFL-portrait conversion process. The earlier jersey can look weirdly triangular on some heads and the process still required scaling the portrait head, repositioning it, and trimming edges and such; now this jersey with shoulder pads makes the process much, much less intensive. Not to mention the previous ones were all the wrong format/dimensions and were going to require more scaling/resizing/repositioning in order to work properly.

Hopefully now I can batch automate portraits and get them into the dat now without commiting insane amounts of time for each one.

Feedback is welcome.
Attachments
Test with Pads.png
Test with Pads.png (35 KiB) Viewed 1625 times

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:15 pm

trey31 wrote:Frustrated beyond explanation with dat shoes/socks at the moment. Picked this project up again for a bit.

I redid the jersey layer. It was necessary in order to batch automate the non-NFL portrait to NFL-portrait conversion process. The earlier jersey can look weirdly triangular on some heads and the process still required scaling the portrait head, repositioning it, and trimming edges and such; now this jersey with shoulder pads makes the process much, much less intensive. Not to mention the previous ones were all the wrong format/dimensions and were going to require more scaling/resizing/repositioning in order to work properly.

Hopefully now I can batch automate portraits and get them into the dat now without commiting insane amounts of time for each one.

Feedback is welcome.

I like it.

Are you going to use black for all of them?
Or, do you maybe have plans to make some white and some gray also?

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:23 pm

1312qohelet wrote:
trey31 wrote:Frustrated beyond explanation with dat shoes/socks at the moment. Picked this project up again for a bit.

Feedback is welcome.

I like it.

Are you going to use black for all of them?
Or, do you maybe have plans to make some white and some gray also?

I have a white jersey that I used to make the black. I can upload in a minute.

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:28 pm

trey31 wrote:I have a white jersey that I used to make the black. I can upload in a minute.

It's cool to see you come back to this. I had forgotten all about this.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:30 pm

1312qohelet wrote:It's cool to see you come back to this. I had forgotten all about this.

It's been on the back burner for a looong while.

Here's an away jersey.

EDIT: I actually think I like white better now.
Attachments
Test with Pads_Away.png
Test with Pads_Away.png (46.59 KiB) Viewed 1616 times

Return to “Mods In Progress”