Shader MOD v.0.4 Update | Fully Playable | TSadS.dM

A spot for your mods in progress.
cyclone2426
All-Pro

Re: Shader MOD v.0.3 Update | Fully Playable | TSadS.dM

Postby cyclone2426 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:28 am

Definitely trying this when I get back into town.

Sponsor

Sponsor

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:56 am

VirdeeMan wrote:My thoughts: During gameplay, I found the players looked more vibrant rather than dull like in vanilla. There's just much more contrast in the new shaders and the players look like they fit much better with the surrounding. I used the Seahawks navy blue jersey and the jersey looked like fully opaque, I think that can probably be said for any home jersey excluding the Cowboys. The jersey just looks better lol, much better lighting versus vanilla. One issue I see with better lighting on jersey is there isn't much original jersey texture/detail left and the jerseys look totality reflective. I preferred the vanilla shading on the arms because the arms look like they have shadows whereas the new shader looked like the arms are fully opaque. I've included a side by side pic below (Left is vanilla and right is new)

Edit (matching red): Idk maybe the detail issue only applies to dark colored jerseys? I'm looking at your previous posts and the jerseys still have the right amount of detail.

Spoiler:
difference.jpg

I've had my TV I'm doing these on in "Calibrated Dark" mode for over a week since I watched The Dark Knight. Forgot to change it back to the custom 4:4:4 color calibrated mode. I need to adjust the levels of the front map image (the 1/4 cloud) and blur it more (as seen on the player's upper glutes in your screenshot).

I think the detail loss in that specific screen could be due to the global light source's direction being on the left side and in-front of the player. More light is hitting his left rear flank than his right. Can you do a similar test with a player facing directly at the light source? Where the shadow would be exactly behind his calfs? Kickoffs work well imo because I can kickoff and then slowly rotate the kicker 360° to make sure I get a full lighting sample in Instant Replay.
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:02 am

VirdeeMan wrote:I preferred the vanilla shading on the arms because the arms look like they have shadows whereas the new shader looked like the arms are fully opaque.

Yea my screenshot collage is using my modified version of Madden's arm shader. I'm going to build a new arm (face, hands, wristband, etc) shader from scratch like I did with the global shader (32).
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:03 am

cyclone2426 wrote:Definitely trying this when I get back into town.

Great. Let me know what you think.

I've tested with Pats, Titans, Jags, Vikings, Bears, and maybe a couple other teams. Maybe try out the Bucs and some others and let me know what you think.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:05 am

Also the current release only applies to Day games in outdoor stadiums with normal weather.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:05 pm

TSadS.dM v.0.3.1 TEST

I changed the front light bloom panel to a more traditional gradient sphere (level adjusted and smear tool). I also nixed my modified arm shader from this version. File 31 in this dat is the default M08 shader.

I don't particularly care for this version as much. I looked at Steelers, Raiders, and Jags again and it doesn't seem to have as good contrast as v.0.3. Plus we have to keep in mind the torso jersey numbers work off Shader 31 (arms/hands/face/numbers/wirstbands/tiny details on helmet/etc) and not Shader 32. I don't care for the lighting on jersey numbers with 31 on default. I'm going to work on building an arm shader from scratch next, in conjunction with shader 32 from this release.

Spoiler:
Attachments
TSadS.dM v.0.3.1.zip
(273.34 KiB) Downloaded 71 times

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:47 pm

Could you maybe post some screenshots using your shader mod with the FF/FI Mod's uniforms? It's hard for me to judge the quality of the changes against the default uniforms.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:33 pm

RevanFan wrote:Could you maybe post some screenshots using your shader mod with the FF/FI Mod's uniforms? It's hard for me to judge the quality of the changes against the default uniforms.

Can someone else post FI comparison? I'd have to download it, install it, do screenshots, then overwrite the default shader dat for vanilla comparison shots, then uninstall everything and reinstall shaderdat again so that I don't have mixed up dat files.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:37 pm

trey31 wrote:
RevanFan wrote:Could you maybe post some screenshots using your shader mod with the FF/FI Mod's uniforms? It's hard for me to judge the quality of the changes against the default uniforms.

Can someone else post FI comparison? I'd have to download it, install it, do screenshots, then overwrite the default shader dat for vanilla comparison shots, then uninstall everything and reinstall shaderdat again so that I don't have mixed up dat files.

Fair enough. I'll wait, and follow along with your progress.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:06 pm

Previous Release Versions moved here now.
Attachments
TSadS.dM v.0.3.zip
(268.57 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
TSadS.dM v0.2.zip
(953.57 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
TSadS.dM v.0.1.zip
(682.88 KiB) Downloaded 74 times

Return to “Mods In Progress”