Shader MOD v.0.4 Update | Fully Playable | TSadS.dM

A spot for your mods in progress.
trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:13 am

Throwing Shade at dat SHADERDAT.dat MOD (TSadS.dM)

The Rundown of SHADERDAT.dat files and what they do:

Files 31, 33, 40, and 42:
These shaders affect player faces, arms, hands, gloves, wristbands, main jersey numbers, some random small jersey logos, chinstraps, facemask fasteners, and some small pant logos. Sideline player models (including their uniforms), coach models, sideline personnel models, and referee models.
File 31 is an outdoor stadium, daytime (12, 1, or 4pm), clear weather shader.
File 33 is an indoor stadium shader.
File 40 is an outdoor stadium, daytime (12, 1, or 4pm), rain/snow weather shader.
File 42 is an outdoor stadium, nighttime (7 or 8pm), rain/snow weather shader.

Files 32, 34, 41, and 43:
These files affect player models (everything except helmets), coach models, sideline models, etc. These generally adds more or less reflectivity to the player models. Can render sort of a "wet" or "metallic" look over the models with higher contrast on the shader cubemap.
File 32 is an outdoor stadium, daytime (12, 1, or 4pm), clear weather shader.
File 34 is an indoor stadium shader.
File 41 is an outdoor stadium, daytime (12, 1, or 4pm), rain/snow weather shader.
File 43 is an outdoor stadium, nighttime (7 or 8pm), rain/snow weather shader.

File 35 is a nighttime outdoor skybox cubemap that (as far as I can tell) isn't implemented in-game. is a helmet reflective cubemap.

Files 36 and 38 visually appear similar to 31, 33, 40, and 42, but I could not find any effects in-game, despite testing even practice stadiums and the Dummies/other fictional fantasy teams' stadiums.

Same goes for Files 37 and 39; they look similar to 32, 34, 41, and 43 but I couldn't figure out if/how they are used in-game.

Files 45-51 have no discernable effects; except File 45, which may have caused a crash of M08 during testing. After rebooting and testing there were no further crashes from a modified File 45, and no noticeable effects either. At least one of the files from 46-51 caused square raindrops to appear on screen.

Helmets, Stadiums, and Crowds appear to use shaders from somewhere else. Presumably in their respective dats. Note: File 18 (type unknown) mentions helmets and lighting, but I no read hex so good.

This all started off here and got sidetracked into a Kramer mod...

Throwing Shade at dat SHADERDAT.dat MOD (TSadS.dM)

TSadS.dM Version 0.1 Version 0.2 Version 0.3 Version 0.4 attached. Unzip. Replace SHADERDAT.dat in Madden's data0 folder. Make a backup copy of your SHADERDAT.dat first. Also included (only in v.0.1) are 4 DDS images for your viewing pleasure, which are the first shaders modded. Files 31 and 33 have altered "levels" (lifted) and color added. 31 has a slight yellow hue for warmth (the outdoor stadium face/arm/hand/misc shader). 33 has a slight blue hue for "cooler" kelvin artificial lighting found indoors. Same with 32 and 34, but they are the model reflectivity shaders. All of these are subtle at first, but you'll notice a difference when you go back and forth viewing screenshots of vanilla vs modded shaders. These aren't finished. All criticism welcome (but if you start off with something like "No offense but these suck" or something like that without explaining why you're throwing shade, expect non-politeness in return).

This should be considered an Alpha version Beta version (lol) Early Release version (v0.4). Report bugs, glitches, errors, or crashes.

Beta and screenshot dump sometime this week. (already done). I am going to experiment more, especially with the weather shaders.

Enjoy.
Attachments
TSadS.dM v.0.4.zip
(267.6 KiB) Downloaded 147 times
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

Sponsor

Sponsor

trey31
Hall of Fame

Re: Throwing Shade at dat SHADERDAT.dat MOD | TSadS.dM

Postby trey31 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:14 am

TSadS.dM Version 0.1
Outdoor Stadium, 4pm (day game), clear weather, Files 31 and 32 (warm hue).
Spoiler:
Indoor Stadium, Files 33 and 34 (cool hue).
Spoiler:
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Re: SHADERDAT.dat MOD | TSadS.dM

Postby trey31 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:56 pm

trey31 wrote:File 35 is a nighttime outdoor skybox cubemap that (as far as I can tell) isn't implemented in-game.

It's not a skybox. It's a reflective cubemap.

I really need access to the D3DX9 script/code... If could actually mode the game's code instead of just the extremely low-res/low-quality shader textures, I could possibly get some unbelievably good lighting/shading.

Files #30 and #18 probably have what I need, but I no hex :(

cyclone2426
All-Pro

Postby cyclone2426 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:16 pm

trey31 wrote:
trey31 wrote:File 35 is a nighttime outdoor skybox cubemap that (as far as I can tell) isn't implemented in-game.

I really need access to the D3DX9 script/code... If could actually mode the game's code instead of just the extremely low-res/low-quality shader textures, I could possibly get some unbelievably good lighting/shading.

did you try doubling the size of those shader strips to see if it would take it?

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:40 pm

Test #1 with Skybox refraction
Spoiler:

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:46 pm

cyclone2426 wrote:
trey31 wrote:

did you try doubling the size of those shader strips to see if it would take it?

From what I gather the size of the cubemap doesn't come into effect until you zoom in on chrome-like surfaces in-game, like sink faucets in fps shooters or chrome panels in racing sims. And, from what I understand, large maps are mostly to decrease blurring and aliasing in the reflective surface.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:53 pm

Test #2, fixed the cube bottom panel that was switched. Increased levels. These are cloud/sun reflections.

Tests, not finished by any means.

Spoiler:

Reflection in helmet of SHADERDAT files 46-51. Finally figured these out.
Spoiler:

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:59 pm

What I really need is to mod the strength of the code of the shaders, not so much the textures themselves. The strength of these are near 100% which makes everything look like chrome. It's also why the game used such low-res (SNES/PS1) shader textures..... Laziness.

VirdeeMan
All-Pro

Postby VirdeeMan » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:04 pm

Great progress, keep it up!

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:31 pm

Strangest thing I've typed in a long time... Look at the cloud reflections on #17's butt.

Spoiler:

Possible that the "night cubemap" that had no effect is actually the helmet cubemap?

Attached is the Skybox cubemap (default) and the most recent test map, the one showing the clouds on #17's rear end.
Attachments
default.png
default.png (20.97 KiB) Viewed 1870 times
PNG.png
PNG.png (665.02 KiB) Viewed 1873 times

Return to “Mods In Progress”