Shader MOD v.0.4 Update | Fully Playable | TSadS.dM

A spot for your mods in progress.
trey31
Hall of Fame

Re: SHADERDAT.dat MOD | TSadS.dM

Postby trey31 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:37 pm

TSadS.dM v.0.2 posted (I hope there are more than 3 downloads for this one :roll: )

v.0.2 changes:
  • Massively reduced reflectivity of the cloud skybox.
  • Lifted levels of Helmet reflection shader.
  • Modified arm/hand/face shader (less soft (contrast), reduced hue, adjusted levels to compensate for contrast)
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Col. Trautman
MVP

Postby Col. Trautman » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:52 pm

Thanks for trying to improve the sky and textures! I am a little caught up still with my own mod in progress and I haven't checked out your shader file work yet. I really appreciate what you are trying to do though :)

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:15 pm

Col. Trautman wrote:Thanks for trying to improve the sky and textures! I am a little caught up still with my own mod in progress and I haven't checked out your shader file work yet. I really appreciate what you are trying to do though :)

Thanks man. This is as much an experiment as it is a mod.

I've got screens I need to upload from v.0.2 and I already am tweaking v.0.3 too.

Also I don't think the helmet reflection cubemap in the shaderdat.dat.dat.dat is the one being used in-game. It's the same texture, but changes don't seem to apply. I inverted the cubemap's colors and it was unchanged. Probably a redundant texture that ended up in shaderdatdatdat (since it is a shader) and also somewhere else (wherever the helmet dat is, it's probably in there) I'll look into this more next week when I get some time.
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:25 pm

This is more of a "note to self" so I don't forget.

The screens of the kick return in post #5... The back of the jersey was solid because I built the map wrong... I fixed the map but now that I think of it, I want to build my own cubemap with a dark bottom, and 90-ish% dark sides with clouds at the top of the sides, then a sun with bright clouds for the top panel...

Also want to experiment with a similar cubemap for #31 arm shader. Rearrange the direction entirely. See what happens.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:33 pm

trey31 wrote:I want to build my own cubemap with a dark bottom, and 90-ish% dark sides with clouds at the top of the sides, then a sun with bright clouds for the top panel...

Did/doing this tonight. Getting close to a v.1.0 release.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:21 am

File 32 Shader is finished. Still need to do file 31. And tons of testing. Then decide if I'm adding hues to v.1.0 or not. But this is close to a finished mod.

The attached image shows three cube maps.

The top cubemap is the same graphic of a field that shows a visual of the correct cubemap orientation, but the one in SHADERDAT.dat isn't used in game for the helmet reflection. Probably in a different .dat file.

The center cube map is the one I created from scratch with airbrush and smudge tools and tons of levels adjustments with in-game testing.

The bottom cubemap is from File 32 which applies global shading to player/sideline models. This is Madden's default global model shader. It sucks.

Note the position of my front light source vs Madden's. (the section of mine with only 1/4 cloud vs Madden's sphere bloom). They're switched. Default faces the wrong side of the in-game light bloom. And their overhead/top map isn't a global light source, It's 3/4 light source vs my full overhead clouds with centered bloom.

Oh and I almost forgot... Neither of those two cubemaps aligns the individual 128x128 graphics properly. Not even when compared to each other. Off by several pixels on each. Lazy.
Attachments
Example_Shader.png
Example_Shader.png (77.65 KiB) Viewed 1404 times

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:51 am

TSadS.dM v.0.3

VirdeeMan
All-Pro

Re: Shader MOD v.0.3 Update | Fully Playable | TSadS.dM

Postby VirdeeMan » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:15 am

Will download and try probably tomorrow!

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:20 am

VirdeeMan wrote:Will download and try probably tomorrow!

GIMME FEEDBACK and definitely report any bugs if you notice any.

Best lighting/shading I've seen in-game by far.

Also, if anyone is curious, any/all screenshots posted here are otherwise default vanilla Madden 08. No FI Mod, no TPF's, no Uniform packs, No ReShade.me, just the modified shaders.

VirdeeMan
All-Pro

Postby VirdeeMan » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:15 am

My thoughts: During gameplay, I found the players looked more vibrant rather than dull like in vanilla. There's just much more contrast in the new shaders and the players look like they fit much better with the surrounding. I used the Seahawks navy blue jersey and the jersey looked like fully opaque, I think that can probably be said for any home jersey excluding the Cowboys. The jersey just looks better lol, much better lighting versus vanilla. One issue I see with better lighting on jersey is there isn't much original jersey texture/detail left and the jerseys look totality reflective. I preferred the vanilla shading on the arms because the arms look like they have shadows whereas the new shader looked like the arms are fully opaque. I've included a side by side pic below (Left is vanilla and right is new)

Edit (matching red): Idk maybe the detail issue only applies to dark colored jerseys? I'm looking at your previous posts and the jerseys still have the right amount of detail.

Spoiler:
difference.jpg
difference.jpg (1.93 MiB) Viewed 1389 times

Return to “Mods In Progress”