Shader MOD v.0.4 Update | Fully Playable | TSadS.dM

A spot for your mods in progress.
trey31
Hall of Fame

Re: Shader MOD v.0.3 Update | Fully Playable | TSadS.dM

Postby trey31 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:06 pm

Previous Release Versions also moved here too.
Attachments
TSadS.dM v.0.3.1.zip
(273.34 KiB) Downloaded 54 times
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

Sponsor

Sponsor

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:13 pm

TSadS.dM v.0.4 is up. First custom made File 31 Shader. Not finished, but it's getting close.

Top attached image is my replacement File 31 Shader. Bottom is default. Quite a bit different. Uploading a few screens now and will post shortly with a screen dump.
Attachments
31_NEW_Custom_1.png
31_NEW_Custom_1.png (9.75 KiB) Viewed 1255 times
default_31.png
default_31.png (18.94 KiB) Viewed 1255 times
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:39 pm

v.0.4 Screenshot Dump (mostly note the arm/hand/glove/face/jersey numbers)
Spoiler:
More coming in 45 min or so.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:28 pm

v.0.4 Medium tone arms 360°
Spoiler:

Light tone arms 360°
Spoiler:

Scene looking into sun/global light source
Spoiler:

Same scene looking away from sun/global light source
Spoiler:

v.0.3 resized comparison
Spoiler:

VirdeeMan
All-Pro

Postby VirdeeMan » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:57 pm

trey31 wrote:v.0.4 Medium tone arms 360°
Spoiler:

Light tone arms 360°
Spoiler:

Scene looking into sun/global light source
Spoiler:

Same scene looking away from sun/global light source
Spoiler:

v.0.3 resized comparison
Spoiler:

Looking much better! The arms no longer look opaque they have shadows now!

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:09 pm

VirdeeMan wrote:Looking much better! The arms no longer look opaque they have shadows now!

Pretty much. I had been reading a lot about D3DX9 shaders and as part of that I came across a ton of cube maps. Mostly the cross looking ones, but some D3DX8 were the 1x6 maps like M08. When I was looking at a bunch of these 10+ year old games, I couldn't get over how different their shaders looked from the ones I pulled out of texmod from M08. M08 are just plain junk. Someone used a gradient tool to make these and didn't even test in-game because the shader front light source panel was flipped the wrong way... Something had to be done. Glad these are turning out well.

Next up is slightly increasing contrast on #31 and testing in-game. Then the weather ones (no clue what I'm going to do with those to be honest, probably decrease the contrast and use the finished daytime ones? And also the big question, indoor lighting with the 4 global light sources (as seen by the 4 distinct shadows on the turf vs the one when outside...

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:29 pm

I hereby give my permission to distribute TSadS.dM v1.0 and onward (when they're released) with any Mod or Mod package, as long as these criteria are met:
  • Mod must be credited to me somewhere in that mod's release thread. (TSadS.dM v.X.X by trey31) is sufficient.
  • Mod must not be distributed off-site, unless bundled in official mod releases from FF/FI community (e.g. Nexus site and similar are okay as long as it is with one of the community mods from FI) or hosted on a backup site (Football Idiot 2 or similar).

Feel free to add it to your mod and enjoy!

cyclone2426
All-Pro

Re: Shader MOD v.0.4 Update | Fully Playable | TSadS.dM

Postby cyclone2426 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:05 pm

Just tried 0.4, and honestly it looks too glassy/glossy to me. To elaborate more, it looks like they're wrapped in a film or something thats making them shiny/reflective. It at least needs to be toned down on the uniforms, because while the uniforms may have a slight sheen to them (not so much now with the Nike uniforms, basically matte materials) with this mod it gives them a shine and reflection which almost makes it look like its made of chrome.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:00 pm

cyclone2426 wrote:Just tried 0.4, and honestly it looks too glassy/glossy to me. To elaborate more, it looks like they're wrapped in a film or something thats making them shiny/reflective. It at least needs to be toned down on the uniforms, because while the uniforms may have a slight sheen to them (not so much now with the Nike uniforms, basically matte materials) with this mod it gives them a shine and reflection which almost makes it look like its made of chrome.

FF mod uniforms?

If someone would like to send me just a uniform dat I can look at them. I've been modding on completely vanilla M08 so I wouldn't have any dat conflicts. Obviously there is a big difference between vanilla uniforms and the evolution of uniform mods that have been done over the years.

As far as the film/reflection, I could alter the reflection if I knew where the game code for it was. As is, all I have to work with are the shader cubemaps. If I mute the light level very much it renders a lot closer to a satin but it loses its shading almost completely. I'm still trying to find a balance, but the line between straight chrome looking and completely flat isn't very wide.

Actually I've never installed just uniforms. Is it just a dat or do I need to do more?

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:14 pm

trey31 wrote:
cyclone2426 wrote:Just tried 0.4, and honestly it looks too glassy/glossy to me. To elaborate more, it looks like they're wrapped in a film or something thats making them shiny/reflective. It at least needs to be toned down on the uniforms, because while the uniforms may have a slight sheen to them (not so much now with the Nike uniforms, basically matte materials) with this mod it gives them a shine and reflection which almost makes it look like its made of chrome.

FF mod uniforms?

If someone would like to send me just a uniform dat I can look at them. I've been modding on completely vanilla M08 so I wouldn't have any dat conflicts. Obviously there is a big difference between vanilla uniforms and the evolution of uniform mods that have been done over the years.

As far as the film/reflection, I could alter the reflection if I knew where the game code for it was. As is, all I have to work with are the shader cubemaps. If I mute the light level very much it renders a lot closer to a satin but it loses its shading almost completely. I'm still trying to find a balance, but the line between straight chrome looking and completely flat isn't very wide.

Actually I've never installed just uniforms. Is it just a dat or do I need to do more?

If you're only testing basic uniforms, you'll be fine by downloading the CORE FILES from the FF Mod and simply using the UNIFORMS.dat file from it. Nothing else needs to be installed for only home and away uniforms.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Return to “Mods In Progress”