Poll ended at Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:41 am

Only make the two teams I know
No votes
Make the two teams I know, plus more fictional teams
100%

Total votes: 5

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Re: 5th and 6th Grade Football Mod - Screenshots!

Postby JSamuel » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:32 pm

SteelersFTW101 wrote:
JSamuel wrote:
SteelersFTW101 wrote:I want this mod for no reason at all.

I can't provide an estimate on when I'll finish, but when I do, I'll be sure and post the completed project in the "Finished Mods" section.

It will be a while.

I still have a lot of teams left to make.

Does the kids inc even have special teams in real life?

That's one of the issues I need to solve. The real life teams have only one special teams play: punt. And only very rarely. I've created playbooks, but there's no way to remove any special teams plays from the playbook.

Sponsor

Sponsor

SteelersFTW101
Pro Bowl

Postby SteelersFTW101 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:35 pm

JSamuel wrote:
SteelersFTW101 wrote:
JSamuel wrote:I can't provide an estimate on when I'll finish, but when I do, I'll be sure and post the completed project in the "Finished Mods" section.

It will be a while.

I still have a lot of teams left to make.

Does the kids inc even have special teams in real life?

That's one of the issues I need to solve. The real life teams have only one special teams play: punt. And only very rarely. I've created playbooks, but there's no way to remove any special teams plays from the playbook.

I knew that was the case, pee wee football and other types when it comes to 12 or lower usually don't have kickers, i guess you could make the punter also the kicker if its possible? if not you could create a copy of the punter for the kicker position.

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:40 pm

SteelersFTW101 wrote:
JSamuel wrote:
SteelersFTW101 wrote:Does the kids inc even have special teams in real life?

I knew that was the case, pee wee football and other types when it comes to 12 or lower usually don't have kickers, i guess you could make the punter also the kicker if its possible? if not you could create a copy of the punter for the kicker position.

I don't even have a kicker or a punter on the roster; each team so far only has 15 players. I've been using valvegas1's modified StreamedData file, witch allows all players to play every position. It automatically puts one of my players at kicker.

SteelersFTW101
Pro Bowl

Postby SteelersFTW101 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:55 pm

[/quote]
I don't even have a kicker or a punter on the roster; each team so far only has 15 players. I've been using valvegas1's modified StreamedData file, witch allows all players to play every position. It automatically puts one of my players at kicker.[/quote]
Okay sounds good.

SteelersFTW101
Pro Bowl

Postby SteelersFTW101 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:41 pm

JSamuel wrote:
SteelersFTW101 wrote:
JSamuel wrote:That's one of the issues I need to solve. The real life teams have only one special teams play: punt. And only very rarely. I've created playbooks, but there's no way to remove any special teams plays from the playbook.

I don't even have a kicker or a punter on the roster; each team so far only has 15 players. I've been using valvegas1's modified StreamedData file, witch allows all players to play every position. It automatically puts one of my players at kicker.

Whats the progress?

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:31 pm

SteelersFTW101 wrote:Whats the progress?

I'm currently making all the players on the Guymon Silver team.

I don't know what any of the players on that team's names were, (except the quarterback) so I just looked up a list of the most popular baby names in 2004 and 2005. :mrgreen:

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Progress Update

Postby JSamuel » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:22 pm

Since some people may be wondering, I'm going to clarify when and how often I work on this mod.

I don't like to spend all my time working on one project, because then it gets boring really fast. I've decided to work on my Kids Inc Mod once a week.

What I've been doing is this: I make one team every Thursday. (I missed last Thursday because of travel). It only takes about 45min to an hour to make a team, so once a week should be plenty of time to get it done. I plan on making about 8-10 teams. I'll probably be releasing screenshots on Fridays and Saturdays.

I would like to assign the default stadium for each team to the Madden high school stadium, but I haven't been able to figure that out. In about 2-3 months before I release, I may ask again if anyone would be able to help me with that.

Right now, I have the players set up to where they switch positions every once in a while in a game. I've though about changing this, but in an effort to maintain the reality of the mod, I have left it as it is. In real life, 5th and 6th grade players are constantly switching out positions with one another.

If you are able, and you would be interested in helping with this mod, please post here or send me a PM. I need help with the stadiums (as above mentioned), the sliders (it's way too easy for players to break tackles), the team logos, and anything else you think you could help me with.

Thanks,
JSamuel

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Progress Update

Postby JSamuel » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:30 pm

For those of you who have been waiting for this mod to be released, I have some disappointing news for you.

I will not be working on the Kids Inc Mod throughout the rest of 2016. I am simply too busy. Usually I only have time on Thursdays, but last Thursday I had to watch my brothers' basketball game, and the Thursday before that... You get the picture.

I expect to resume progress maybe the second or third week in January, but it could be even longer before I get time to work on it again.

Thank you to all who have supported me, answered my questions, and even just showed interest in this project. I really appreciate you all.

Thanks again,
JSamuel

SteelersFTW101
Pro Bowl

Re: Progress Update

Postby SteelersFTW101 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:19 am

JSamuel wrote:For those of you who have been waiting for this mod to be released, I have some disappointing news for you.

I will not be working on the Kids Inc Mod throughout the rest of 2016. I am simply too busy. Usually I only have time on Thursdays, but last Thursday I had to watch my brothers' basketball game, and the Thursday before that... You get the picture.

I expect to resume progress maybe the second or third week in January, but it could be even longer before I get time to work on it again.

Thank you to all who have supported me, answered my questions, and even just showed interest in this project. I really appreciate you all.

Thanks again,
JSamuel

Ok good update.

AlexB9598W
All-Pro

Postby AlexB9598W » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:03 pm

This is just beautiful, and I wish your future endeavors well.

On a related note, how I miss Breaking Madden...

Return to “Mods In Progress”