FF/FI Mod Discussion Thread

A spot for your mods in progress.
1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Re: FF/FI Mod Discussion Thread

Postby 1312qohelet » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:11 pm

cyclone2426 wrote:I'm also working on a generic one....
Definitely going to do a customized one with some players for myself, this is a little too generic for me ;)

This looks great, too.
Nice job, cyclone

Sponsor

Sponsor

valvegas1
All-Pro

Postby valvegas1 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:21 pm

1312qohelet wrote:I would like to see the points of view from, mee, jdei4hire, cyclone2426, rogerjinx, rixter, Austinmario, Littleware, Leeman67.....members who have been here for a long stretch.

I'm slightly offended that I didnt get a mention here since I too was a former member of the FF Community before it's transfer into the FI forums....really just kidding though...I haven't contributed nearly as much as all these fine folks...Anyway I'm coming in late to the party but I kinda like a mix of both...start off with a full package as a base then release small patches and bugfixes once a month or so as it evolves...just my humble opinion...once again thank you to everyone who does modding in any capacity on this forum cause without all you we wouldn't have a football game to play

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:10 am

valvegas1 wrote:
1312qohelet wrote:I would like to see the points of view from, mee, jdei4hire, cyclone2426, rogerjinx, rixter, Austinmario, Littleware, Leeman67.....members who have been here for a long stretch.

I'm slightly offended that I didnt get a mention here since I too was a former member of the FF Community before it's transfer into the FI forums....really just kidding though...I haven't contributed nearly as much as all these fine folks...Anyway I'm coming in late to the party but I kinda like a mix of both...start off with a full package as a base then release small patches and bugfixes once a month or so as it evolves...just my humble opinion...once again thank you to everyone who does modding in any capacity on this forum cause without all you we wouldn't have a football game to play

I apologize for my lack of knowledge.
This was just a "for instance..." type of list. I was just trying to list a few, who I know have been here a long time.
For the record, accomplishments didn't even cross my mind. I think each members' opinion should carry the same weight, regardless of contributions.
Except, of course, the Moderators and Mod leader. They need to have final say around here. That's fine with me. I couldn't take on that type of responsibility right now

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:23 am

Don't forget our longest active members like StingRay68, Bus36, NickyJ, RevanFan, Raston. Some of the members you mentioned haven't been here too long.

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:31 am

elguapo wrote:Don't forget our longest active members like StingRay68, Bus36, NickyJ, RevanFan, Raston. Some of the members you mentioned haven't been here too long.

Oh, I never forget those guys. I use Sting's utilities on a daily basis.
By the way, that list was not meant to be anything official. At that time, this thread was not getting very much attention. I was just trying to get more eyes on it. Maybe it was pointless.
But, the reason I didn't maention BUS36, is because he had already posted at that time.

I am currently using Darkommi's launch screen. In-game, it looks fantastic.

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:38 am

I too am using DarKommi's launch..mine was an idea that I came up with but I did mention in a post on page 5 just under JSamuel's. Just belonging to this group of guys is just fun.
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:41 am

BUS36 wrote:I too am using DarKommi's launch..mine was an idea that I came up with but I did mention in a post on page 5 just under JSamuel's. Just belonging to this group of guys is just fun.

I'll drink to that

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:11 am

cyclone2426 wrote:I'm also working on a generic one....

Spoiler:

Definitely going to do a customized one with some players for myself, this is a little too generic for me ;)

Great job cyclone2426, I really like that.

cdcool
MVP

Postby cdcool » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:14 pm

JSamuel wrote:
cdcool wrote:ONE COMPLETE PACKAGE would make more sense and less complicated in my opinion.

I agree with you. The less complicated, the better. But I do think that after the mod is done, providing separate downloads to certain files would help. For instance, if I forget to make a backup of something, then I accidentally delete it or mess it up, I wouldn't have to download the whole mod again just to get that one file.

True but either way. it literary only takes about 5-6 minutes to update or reinstall the mod with all the files.

DarKommi
All-Pro

Postby DarKommi » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:11 pm

cdcool wrote:
JSamuel wrote:
cdcool wrote:ONE COMPLETE PACKAGE would make more sense and less complicated in my opinion.

I agree with you. The less complicated, the better. But I do think that after the mod is done, providing separate downloads to certain files would help. For instance, if I forget to make a backup of something, then I accidentally delete it or mess it up, I wouldn't have to download the whole mod again just to get that one file.

True but either way. it literary only takes about 5-6 minutes to update or reinstall the mod with all the files.

Or you can just copy files to the temp folder which you're going to use/edit.

Return to “Mods In Progress”